Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: UK New Price is Right  (Read 1574 times)

tvwxman

UK New Price is Right
« on: February 26, 2006, 06:24:44 AM »
Well, it's just the logo. But where have I seen that before?

http://www.applausestore.com/Site/shows/sh...a078a6ab5cb5453

Discuss.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

remlap

UK New Price is Right
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 07:58:16 AM »
How a URL I pasted to a few people on MSN and AIM came all the way down to you I never know tvwxman. ;)

It is most probably a mock up by that site since why would anyone in the UK use a Dollar Sign.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 07:58:30 AM by remlap »

tvwxman

UK New Price is Right
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 09:11:49 AM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Feb 26 2006, 07:58 AM\']How a URL I pasted to a few people on MSN and AIM came all the way down to you I never know tvwxman. ;)

It is most probably a mock up by that site since why would anyone in the UK use a Dollar Sign.
[snapback]111301[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ha. shows you how early in the morning it was when i posted that...I didn't even notice the dollar sign.....to think I just finished a two hour morning show with the same brainpower!

In any case, the question still is asked : Will we be seeing a more "US-style" feel to the new version....I loved Bruce's PIR, but the glitz and glamour of it was a lot diff than Bob's...not that that's a bad thing.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

remlap

UK New Price is Right
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »
Theres been alot of nostalgia recently from the ITVplc camp, im guessing it will either be a mixture of Leslies and Brucies similar to the marathon episode.

Or tottaly different, thing is people fondly remeber both era's of PiR on ITV so hes got some work to do.

TravisP

UK New Price is Right
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 03:19:18 PM »
Also ITV has comissioned 150!!!! episodes to run weekdaily. Which makes it as 30 weeks of airtime. In addition they are planning to slot the show at 4.30. Which is ironic as Deal runs between 4.15-5.00, also this stunt has already been done in Australia for the past two years, with Channel Nine giving in.

uncamark

UK New Price is Right
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 03:32:39 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Feb 27 2006, 02:19 PM\']Also ITV has comissioned 150!!!! episodes to run weekdaily. Which makes it as 30 weeks of airtime. In addition they are planning to slot the show at 4.30. Which is ironic as Deal runs between 4.15-5.00, also this stunt has already been done in Australia for the past two years, with Channel Nine giving in.
[snapback]111442[/snapback]
[/quote]

So ITV's trying to get out of one less half-hour of the seemingly federally-mandated kiddie show block in the afternoon.  Ofcom's going to let them do it--especially considering that BBC1 will now have 65 more minutes of kiddie shows than ITV every afternoon?

Is "TPIR" going to be a half-hour or hour?  Considering that (when he comes back) Paul O'Grady's been the first thing that's worked at 5 p.m. for ITV in ages, I can't imagine that they want to take away his time slot.  (Right now, the slot's devoted to the "AFHV"-ish "You've Been Framed!" and a daily rehearsal footage update of ITV's big reality show right now, "Dancing on Ice," which is sorta like our "Skating with Celebrities," but no Scott Hamilton or Summer Sanders.)

remlap

UK New Price is Right
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 04:05:21 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 27 2006, 09:32 PM\'][quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Feb 27 2006, 02:19 PM\']Also ITV has comissioned 150!!!! episodes to run weekdaily. Which makes it as 30 weeks of airtime. In addition they are planning to slot the show at 4.30. Which is ironic as Deal runs between 4.15-5.00, also this stunt has already been done in Australia for the past two years, with Channel Nine giving in.
[snapback]111442[/snapback]
[/quote]

So ITV's trying to get out of one less half-hour of the seemingly federally-mandated kiddie show block in the afternoon.  Ofcom's going to let them do it--especially considering that BBC1 will now have 65 more minutes of kiddie shows than ITV every afternoon?

Is "TPIR" going to be a half-hour or hour?  Considering that (when he comes back) Paul O'Grady's been the first thing that's worked at 5 p.m. for ITV in ages, I can't imagine that they want to take away his time slot.  (Right now, the slot's devoted to the "AFHV"-ish "You've Been Framed!" and a daily rehearsal footage update of ITV's big reality show right now, "Dancing on Ice," which is sorta like our "Skating with Celebrities," but no Scott Hamilton or Summer Sanders.)
[snapback]111444[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thats why ITV has comissioned PiR because Paul has signed with Channel 4 to co habit the 5pm slot with Richard and Judy every other 3 months.

No doubt it will be an hour just to stick it to Channel 4 because ITVplc are like this.

After this week when Dancing on Ice ends they slotted in reruns of Paul O'Grady's

Also im sure ITV regions have no mandate to create or air childrens programes

But I do hope they keep the remake to Finders Keepers nice nostalgia for me :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 04:19:37 PM by remlap »