Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: You are given 2 hours in the GSN Vault  (Read 6867 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
You are given 2 hours in the GSN Vault
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005, 07:02:26 AM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Jan 25 2005, 04:05 AM\']Exactly, Mr. L - in fact, a couple of those I would expect to be somewhat made ill over (especially if the Choice episode had Bob Hastings). Having the Hasbro/NBC Mating Game in my collection that I understand was based on the show, I'm curious as to how close it was...along with watching a relic.
[snapback]72921[/snapback]
[/quote]
You, sir, have a strong stomach. I will leave it at that. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 09:22:35 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 10:38 PM\'][quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 08:19 PM\']and if I could time compress, I'd add Perfect Match (Enberg)
[snapback]72870[/snapback]
[/quote]
The ONLY reason I can think of to watch this is because you've never had the chance to see it and you're curious. Because I've seen it. Ho-lee.
[snapback]72877[/snapback]
[/quote]

I kinda had the same feeling about Camouflage, until I saw the clip on Mike Klauss' site. Still haven't gotten over my stomach virus. :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

sshuffield70

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 09:59:55 AM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jan 25 2005, 12:07 AM\']Any four Tattletales episodes in which the Winkster appeared with his wife. So everyone can see why I'm so jealous of her!

Or.....four Joker's Wild episodes hosted by a certain former Marquette University dean!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Becky Price of the Big Board!'
[snapback]72908[/snapback]
[/quote]

I never Mr. Finn was a Dean.  I always thought he was a Pat. :) :)

As for Wink, you should have seen him with Sandy a few months back on TBN.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 10:38:26 AM »
Might as well add my choices:

1.  An episode from the 1980 TTD Senior Tournament, featuring Miss Bobbie Tremaine tap-dancing (as she had on GONG four years earlier)--you might recall the clip of her dancing in the 1987 syndie special (the name of which escapes me--five brownie points if someone can beat Horan in giving me the title [meaning you better hurry]).

2.  The "Lucky Fuzzies" episode of P+ (12/24/79).

3.  A 11/77 episode of GONG with Pat Paulsen, Jaye P. Morgan and Pat McCormick (Friday ep--one of two eps that week that GSN never cleared for air, but they have it because portions of which were shown on AS SEEN ON).

4.  The 1975 or 1976 HSq syndie episode featuring the Marshall "Seattle Jew" blooper.

And if there's still time. . .

5.  The TWISTERS pilot.

Then I'd rub the magic lamp and wish for two more hours.  :)

Doug -- and the countdown to 1000 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

aaron sica

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2005, 10:44:37 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jan 25 2005, 10:38 AM\']1.  An episode from the 1980 TTD Senior Tournament, featuring Miss Bobbie Tremaine tap-dancing (as she had on GONG four years earlier)--you might recall the clip of her dancing in the 1987 syndie special (the name of which escapes me--five brownie points if someone can beat Horan in giving me the title [meaning you better hurry]).

[snapback]72960[/snapback]
[/quote]

I first stumbled upon that TTD Over 80 tournament in 1996, when I got DISH Network and GSN for the first time (ahh...what memories). It was very depressing watching that tournament because I concluded that most, if not all, of those participants had probably died by that point....And if not by that point, probably now...

zachhoran

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2005, 10:45:11 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jan 25 2005, 10:38 AM\']
1.  An episode from the 1980 TTD Senior Tournament, featuring Miss Bobbie Tremaine tap-dancing (as she had on GONG four years earlier)--you might recall the clip of her dancing in the 1987 syndie special

[snapback]72960[/snapback]
[/quote]

Probably the Wink-hosted The Game SHow Biz documentary.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2005, 10:54:27 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jan 25 2005, 09:44 AM\']I first stumbled upon that TTD Over 80 tournament in 1996, when I got DISH Network and GSN for the first time (ahh...what memories). It was very depressing watching that tournament because I concluded that most, if not all, of those participants had probably died by that point....And if not by that point, probably now...
[snapback]72962[/snapback]
[/quote]
It is a sobering thought, but it's not that much different than watching a show with celebrities who are no longer with us, or any of the shows in B&WO.  Shouldn't hamper your enjoyment.

And dang, people, Horan gave you six extra minutes.  :)

Doug -- and the countdown to 1000 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2005, 01:41:02 PM »
A lot of you seem to be picking things they've already aired.  Whether you saw them the first time or not, you could probably find someone today perfectly willing to help you live your dream right now.

I'd immediately go to the shelf marked "pilots".  My hope is that for every one of the Bob Stewart or Chuck Barris "turkeys" that they HAVE aired (Riddlers and the like) they have others that were so bad or so dull that they didn't bother.  I've given up hopes of them having G-T pilots but there are still a few things -- including a couple of Cullen efforts -- I still haven't been able to locate.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

RMF

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2005, 05:15:29 PM »
My plan in the vault:

1) Get my hands on a master catalog of the full contents of the vault.

2) Read the catalog to determine what they have that would truly be an interesting rarity. (Odds are, this will involve visits to the pilot and pre-1970 collections.)

3) Watch said rarities.

4) Get out paper and pen, and take notes as to the catalog contents, in order to resolve certain questions about GSN holdings.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2005, 06:37:33 PM »
Did GSN ever air the Stewart pilot of Caught In The Act - with the "capture the celebs" format?

zachhoran

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2005, 07:34:05 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Jan 25 2005, 06:37 PM\']Did GSN ever air the Stewart pilot of Caught In The Act - with the "capture the celebs" format?
[snapback]73099[/snapback]
[/quote]

They've not aired either of the Caught in the Act pilots.