Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I enjoyed this?!?  (Read 6595 times)

zachhoran

I enjoyed this?!?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005, 10:37:09 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jan 25 2005, 10:09 AM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 25 2005, 09:35 AM\']
Time Machine replaced Facts of Life reruns and was replaced by Facts of Life reruns.
[snapback]72941[/snapback]
[/quote]

Are you sure, Zach? IIRC, "Silver Spoons" reruns replaced Time Machine..
[snapback]72948[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was Silver Spoons, as per Curt A.'s daytime lineup page.

uncamark

I enjoyed this?!?
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 03:36:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jan 25 2005, 09:03 AM\']
Blank Check
Blankety Blanks

I kind of liked "Blank Check", and certainly enjoy the one episode we have in the trading curcuit.  Although this is not really a "holy grail" of games, it's one I wouldn't mind seeing more of.  Maybe it's just those memories of watching it as a kid and thinking it was kind of cool.  If the whole series was rerun, maybe I'd think differently.

[snapback]72933[/snapback]
[/quote]

In which you'd find out that the tossup was changed in the series--twice--and there were several other little tweaks.  None of them helped.

It also seemed that it was less Jack Barry's show and more Lin Bolen's--or at least he was trying to put in elements that she would like, particularly the whole thundering herd of contestants concept (I'm surprised there wasn't a third show on her watch that tried that concept).  But considering that the base concept of the show (guess what random selection your opponent has made) had already bombed in the late 50s as a prime time show ("ESP"), it may've not had any hope to begin with.

LIke Merv, Barry can be happy that when he came to pitch the show, Bolen didn't hit him with "...and we'll have a giant pinball machine on stage!"

DrBear

I enjoyed this?!?
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 04:07:04 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 25 2005, 08:35 AM\']
Time Machine replaced Facts of Life reruns and was replaced by Facts of Life reruns.
[snapback]72941[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't care if he's wrong or not, I gotta say it:

"Ashes to ashes, Tootie to Tootie."

As for what I liked? Well, I probably wouldn't watch more than one episode of "Shenanigans" today...but then, I am 40 years older....
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Ryan Bugaj

I enjoyed this?!?
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 05:52:23 PM »
I'll confess to enjoying "Double Talk".

Of course, I was only 13 at the time, so obviously I couldn't appreciate just how much Henry Polic II sucked ass as a host.

I also somehow managed to enjoy the 1990 Terrible Twosome of TTD '90 and TJW '90, so, meh. Apparently I've matured.