Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ken Jennings: The new all-time game show king?  (Read 1828 times)

johnnya2k3

Ken Jennings: The new all-time game show king?
« on: September 10, 2004, 07:34:55 PM »
Yes, it's all over the news right now, and we're not talking about Hurricane Ivan.

Ken Jennings' reign of terror on Jeopardy! came to an end recently as he was defeated after 75 wins; the episode is set to air during November sweeps. In total, he has racked up $2.5 million.

Now if my estimations are correct, AND as far as all-time game show winnings are concerned, that's way enough to eclipse Kevin Olmstead's previous record of $2.18 million on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire in 2001. But I'm glad the folks who were at the taping got to see Ken go out with his head held high, though the rest of us will have to see for ourselves.

Maybe Olmstead will send a congratulatory e-mail to Jennings on becoming the new all-time champ. But I wouldn't be surprised if Super Millionaire returns and somebody may FINALLY win the $10 million!

Jonathan Allen

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 07:37:59 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Sep 10 2004, 06:34 PM\'] Maybe Olmstead will send a congratulatory e-mail to Jennings on becoming the new all-time champ. But I wouldn't be surprised if Super Millionaire returns and somebody may FINALLY win the $10 million!

Jonathan Allen [/quote]
 If primetime Millionaire comes back in November, one wonders if they'll do something to increase the chances of someone getting past question 13 in an effort to try to steal some of the thunder from Jennings.

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 09:42:52 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 10 2004, 06:37 PM\'] If primetime Millionaire comes back in November, one wonders if they'll do something to increase the chances of someone getting past question 13 in an effort to try to steal some of the thunder from Jennings. [/quote]
If Super Millionaire is that hard up to give away $10M by having Reege ask softballs at THE NEXT DIE-MENTION!!!!! of the game just to trump the Jeopardy! record, I hope to high heaven I'm in that hot seat when the program returns.
By the way, is anyone keeping track? How many separate topic listings is this now about The Fall Of The House Of Jennings?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 09:43:35 PM by Don Howard »

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2004, 05:41:46 AM »
Let's not forget ABC airs Pepsi Play for a Billion this Sunday.  I know it's pretty much a game of chance, but if someone DOES win $1 billion, that record may NEVER be broken.

BrentW

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004, 10:00:38 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 10 2004, 08:42 PM\'] If Super Millionaire is that hard up to give away $10M by having Reege ask softballs at THE NEXT DIE-MENTION!!!!!........ [/quote]
 ROFLMAO! :)

AH3RD

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 12:38:39 PM »
Yup...ol' Kenny has truly earned his spot among the GS Contestant Greats: among the likes of Teddy Nadler, Lt. Thomas McKee, Michael Larsen, and many more.

Godspeed K.J..
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine