Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: One last MG 90 question  (Read 7816 times)

Neumms

One last MG 90 question
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2004, 11:27:04 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 1 2004, 10:39 AM\'] So assuming law of averages, more often than not the game will end on an upbeat: "Match...and win!" [/quote]
 Yeah, but "Match-Up" was still dumb.

I've read that it was installed because focus groups said the pilot was slow, but geez, couldn't they come up with something more interesting than what is essentially flipping a coin a whole bunch of times?

Don Howard

One last MG 90 question
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2004, 01:28:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 10:27 AM\'] I've read that it was installed because focus groups said the pilot was slow [/quote]
 To Hades with focus groups. Consultants and focus groups. A pox on them all. Let the masses decide what's good for them and what isn't. Where are my pills?

BrandonFG

One last MG 90 question
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2004, 06:34:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Sep 3 2004, 10:27 AM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 1 2004, 10:39 AM\'] So assuming law of averages, more often than not the game will end on an upbeat: "Match...and win!" [/quote]
Yeah, but "Match-Up" was still dumb.

I've read that it was installed because focus groups said the pilot was slow, but geez, couldn't they come up with something more interesting than what is essentially flipping a coin a whole bunch of times? [/quote]
 Focus groups didn't like the "Friends" pilot. I wonder how that turned out. ;-)

ObGameShow: I know of at least two "Friends" references, one involving Wheel (COUNT RUSHMORE) and Pyramid.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
One last MG 90 question
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2004, 03:06:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Sep 1 2004, 08:05 AM\'] Other shows have done this in different ways:  Bergeron "Hollywood Squares" for example, which made the later games worth more.  A player on that show could win three out of four games, but still lose in the end.  I never cared for that... [/quote]
 Either did I, but I was roasted when I last posted this opinion, as people cited the "catch-up" factor; something I never agreed with.

If you don't know who was president of the USA in 1782, or what the capital of Florida is; you really don't deserve to win $4,000.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

zachhoran

One last MG 90 question
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2004, 07:33:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 4 2004, 02:06 AM\']

If you don't know who was president of the USA in 1782, or what the capital of Florida is; you really don't deserve to win $4,000. [/quote]
 I don't know of ANY US president in 1782, as George Washington was sworn in as the first one seven years later.