Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Randy & the Gang. What's the scoop for AC TPIR?  (Read 3913 times)

goongas

Randy & the Gang. What's the scoop for AC TPIR?
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2004, 12:05:54 PM »
For those who are close enough to drive, are you crashing for the night or driving out late at night?

I haven't decided.  I sort of have a room comped in AC if I need to stay over.  I would have to book the room though ahead of time for a Friday night.  I could easily get home Friday night/Sat morning if I had to though.

dzinkin

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2004, 01:27:39 PM »
CURRENT LIST (previous entry deleted)

Chris Bogart (cmjb13)
Chuck Donegan (ChuckNet)
Joe Liebmann (splinkynip)
Eric Panchenko (goongas)
Brian Schwartz (?)
Bob Staub (Rastaub)
David Zinkin (dzinkin)

splinkynip

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2004, 02:20:57 PM »
Looks like a bunch of us are in the same row..section 2, row f, seat 37 here... looking forward to meeting you all!

tvrandywest

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2004, 11:19:13 AM »
MURPHEY'S LAW RE-ENACTED

I've been careful to use tentative words and phrases such as "for now the plan is..." with the concern that schedules could be juggled. It's the nature of this business, and it happens more times than I can believe to everybody who is at the mercy of the showbiz gods. It's even more distressing than finding there's no soap in the dressing room!

At this very moment I learned that my AC dates have changed. I will NOT be in AC on the dates previously scheduled. I WILL be in San Diego for that entire run. It's the gig I expressed earliest interest in because of its proximity to home and other work committments. But let me add another "for now the plan is...".

In defense of Freemantle, it is a monumental task to schedule so many people with specific skills, often taking care to accommodate their other committments.

I'm truly sorry if it turns out this inconveniences or disappoints anyone. I know it disappoints me.

If there is any further change (bank on it!  ;-)   I shall post.  If you feel your life will end because of this change, e-mail me and I'll talk you off the building's ledge!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 12:23:43 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

zachhoran

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2004, 11:22:00 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jun 18 2004, 10:19 AM\'] MURPHEY'S LAW RE-ENACTED

I've been careful to use tentative words and phrases such as "for now the plan is..." with the concern that schedules could be juggled. It's the nature of the business. At this moment I learned that my AC dates have changed. I will be seeing how I can re-juggle things, and will post more the moment I have any news.

I'm truly sorry if it turns out this inconveniences or disappoints anyone.

;(

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
Sorry to hear of the change, particularly after eight or ten people here have planned on seeing one of your scheduled AC gigs on 7/16. It happens in your business(heck it even happens in the trashman business), Randy. I'll see your gig when you do get down here.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 11:32:18 AM by zachhoran »

GS Warehouse

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2004, 12:16:57 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jun 18 2004, 11:19 AM\'] ... At this moment I learned that my AC dates have changed. ... [/quote]
 This thread proves that it is possible to overabbreviate.  It took me several posts to realize that AC is Atlantic City.  At first I thought you were performing in an air conditioner!

cmjb13

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2004, 12:41:33 PM »
Well, if the date has changed, worst case scenario is that I lose $33.50 by not going. Hell, we'll probably spend double that on drinks.

Thankfully I didn't book a room yet. Really because I haven't decided whether I will drive back or crash for the night.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

dzinkin

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2004, 12:54:42 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 18 2004, 12:41 PM\'] Well, if the date has changed, worst case scenario is that I lose $33.50 by not going. Hell, we'll probably spend double that on drinks.

Thankfully I didn't book a room yet. Really because I haven't decided whether I will drive back or crash for the night. [/quote]
 This is why I didn't book a room *or* a flight yet.  (No, driving from Pittsford to AC and back is not an option.)  Let's see what happens with new dates.

rigsby

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2004, 02:46:18 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jun 18 2004, 10:19 AM\'] If you feel your life will end because of this change, e-mail me and I'll talk you off the building's ledge! [/quote]
 ...and right down onto the ground!