Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Randy & the Gang. What's the scoop for AC TPIR?  (Read 3940 times)

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
Randy & the Gang. What's the scoop for AC TPIR?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2004, 11:37:37 PM »
And when you and Todd show up in San Diego on the 29th, I'm sure a large contigent of West Coasters will be their to greet you (me included, naturally).

"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2004, 12:15:24 AM »
Dave/Chuck/Eric/Chris/Brian:

Again, please let me know if there is a plan for another trip down.  I know I am planning for 2 trips.  This one just is on my work weekend.

dzinkin

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2004, 12:20:58 AM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Jun 17 2004, 12:15 AM\'] Dave/Chuck/Eric/Chris/Brian:

Again, please let me know if there is a plan for another trip down.  I know I am planning for 2 trips.  This one just is on my work weekend. [/quote]
 Oh, I'm sure it won't be a secret if there's another one, John. :-)  I know I won't be able to make a second trip (I'm becoming an uncle in August and my vacation time is already allocated), but I'm sure others will.

tvrandywest

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2004, 01:34:32 AM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 06:17 PM\'] If you happened to be a guest of the Producer, you would remain ineligible ONLY for that particular show... Buy a ticket = Eligible.  Randy can confirm, I'm sure. [/quote]
 Concurred.

The show is produced and staffed by TV game show veterans who have pretty much continued with the TV rules we're worked under for all these years. I can only assume they must be far more stringent than any Harrahs or New Jersey Gaming Commission policies that might apply.

So unless you won't be attending a show, let's keep on the safe side and NOT meet BEFORE the gig. Yes, we rehearse with the models, the prizes, the copy and the prices before the show. But AFTER the show (and after a few drinks) maybe we can spin the big wheel... backwards, even!   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

LA the DJ

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2004, 06:09:15 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jun 17 2004, 12:34 AM\'] [quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 06:17 PM\'] If you happened to be a guest of the Producer, you would remain ineligible ONLY for that particular show... Buy a ticket = Eligible.  Randy can confirm, I'm sure. [/quote]
Concurred.

The show is produced and staffed by TV game show veterans who have pretty much continued with the TV rules we're worked under for all these years. I can only assume they must be far more stringent than any Harrahs or New Jersey Gaming Commission policies that might apply.

So unless you won't be attending a show, let's keep on the safe side and NOT meet BEFORE the gig. Yes, we rehearse with the models, the prizes, the copy and the prices before the show. But AFTER the show (and after a few drinks) maybe we can spin the big wheel... backwards, even!   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 Just curious, Randy, (and a little off topic) have you ever had a chance to goof around with any of the actual TPiR props? Ya know, spin the wheel, drop a Plinko chip...

...Or is that just unprofessional?
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

Rastaub

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2004, 07:17:28 AM »
Just got section 2, row F, seats 35 and 36.  

See everybody on the 16th.

aaron sica

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2004, 08:02:35 AM »
Got an email from Dave Zinkin last night about the show - I'm going to have to see what my work schedule is and will definitely look to go, if I have off...

tvwxman

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2004, 08:17:48 AM »
Hi Guys...thanks to DZink for the personal invite....right now, i'm gonna try to make it, but since I work weekends, it may be tough...

But it's worth it just to :

A: hang out with fellow game show buffs

B: Hear Randy (and Todds?) personal stories...some may even be about game shows!

C: Watch my wife roll her eyes. A lot.

best, ms
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

LA the DJ

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2004, 08:27:39 AM »
July 12...Crud...Not enough time for a broke 23 year old who lives in northwest Ohio to figure out a way to AC...

Have fun guys.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

dzinkin

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2004, 08:31:46 AM »
Whether this can top sharing a hotel room with Randy Amasia and Chumley Atkins, and seeing J! in Atlanta with them and Mark Jeffries, remains to be seen -- though if we can get Randy West drunk and get him to tell stories, the potential is absolutely there. :-D

Matt and Aaron... hope to see you both there, and I hope I didn't go overboard with the personal invites.  (There are at least two Matt Scotts who have to be asking this AM "who the hell is this guy?" :-D)

cmjb13

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2004, 09:28:43 AM »
For those who are close enough to drive, are you crashing for the night or driving out late at night?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvrandywest

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2004, 10:01:31 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Jun 17 2004, 02:09 AM\'] Just curious, Randy, (and a little off topic) have you ever had  a chance to goof around with any of the actual TPiR props? Ya know, spin the wheel, drop a Plinko chip...
...Or is that just unprofessional? [/quote]
I never dropped a Plinko chip down the Plinko board, but my fingerprints are on the few items I was always curious about... the "Range Game", the "Master Key" keys, etc.. I was mostly concerned with doing what I needed to give my best performance and getting to know the members of the family, but there was that night with the tugboat life preserver and the Plinko stick at The Farmer's Daughter!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 10:05:00 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

catkins522

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2004, 11:15:13 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jun 17 2004, 07:31 AM\'] Whether this can top sharing a hotel room with Randy Amasia and Chumley Atkins, and seeing J! in Atlanta with them and Mark Jeffries, remains to be seen -- though if we can get Randy West drunk and get him to tell stories, the potential is absolutely there. :-D

Matt and Aaron... hope to see you both there, and I hope I didn't go overboard with the personal invites.  (There are at least two Matt Scotts who have to be asking this AM "who the hell is this guy?" :-D) [/quote]
 Hey, whatever a hotel room in Atlanta will stay in a hotel room in Atlanta.  :-P

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

splinkynip

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2004, 11:49:13 AM »
Do you guys mind if I join up with you on 7/16?  I just purchased a ticket for section two, 6th row.. thanks!

dzinkin

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2004, 11:51:38 AM »
[quote name=\'splinkynip\' date=\'Jun 17 2004, 11:49 AM\'] Do you guys mind if I join up with you on 7/16?  I just purchased a ticket for section two, 6th row.. thanks! [/quote]
 I certainly don't, and I apologize for forgetting that you're in the general vicinity -- had I remembered that I'd certainly have sent you an invite!