Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Talk About Buzzr  (Read 18179 times)

Bryce L.

Re: Talk About Buzzr
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2022, 12:49:18 AM »
Well this is weird.. Buzzr posted a clip of Talk About to YouTube and it's from Season 2. All the clips in the promo were from season 1.

Not the first time this has happened with Buzzr's promo department. Remember this promo when they launched Whew! last year? I think I remember hearing in this forum that the promo had some clips of episodes that have yet to air on the channel. Why they throw in these "Easter Eggs" that we can't eat is beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9B-QaXPPos
Yeah, has anyone here ever been able to place the "my stomach hurts" girl?

JohnXXVII

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2022, 01:32:28 AM »
I would guess it's from episode 76 or 77. When they began airing Whew weekdays, they started with episode 78. If after they finish Celebrity Whew, they go back and show episodes 8-77, it could be in the last fresh episode of Whew to air on the network. 

Her opponent seems to be the champion in episode 78.

Bryce L.

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2022, 01:39:51 PM »
BUZZR must have tons of faith in Talk About, since per TV Passport, it's getting the 8pm/11pm weeknights slot, replacing Classic Concentration. No word on weekend airings as of yet.

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2022, 03:48:11 PM »
I get it though. It’s a relative obscurity that ran for a year in the States, so they wanna raise a little awareness instead of burying it at a time when no one’s home.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2022, 01:11:58 PM »
BUZZR must have tons of faith in Talk About, since per TV Passport, it's getting the 8pm/11pm weeknights slot, replacing Classic Concentration. No word on weekend airings as of yet.
I mean, they had the faith in Classic Concentration to put it there. While it had probably proved itself in other timeslots before it got the 8pm slot, like Talk About, it's a show that hadn't been reran since the last rerun aired on 1991. So, I don't know how familiar people really were with it once it started airing again.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Bryce L.

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2022, 01:34:06 PM »
I mean, they had the faith in Classic Concentration to put it there. While it had probably proved itself in other timeslots before it got the 8pm slot, like Talk About, it's a show that hadn't been reran since the last rerun aired on 1991. So, I don't know how familiar people really were with it once it started airing again.
Classic Concentration got 8pm in February 2021... and had already been on the network since October 2018, so it was very well-established already.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2022, 01:35:57 PM »
I’m just a bit befuddled that they’re giving Talk About such a push right out of the gate. You’d think that, for a show that’s not even part of an established franchise, they’d at best put it in a late afternoon slot a la Whew! and see if it grows from there. Plus a network generally wants their heavy hitters in prime time.* So TA going right into 8:00 is a bit mystifying. Are we sure Fremantle doesn’t have a stake in BonusRound.ca?

*Of course, this is the channel that’s had Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour in prime time for nearly 3 years straight, so what do I know? But even that was part of two successful franchises, so there’s some basis to give it a prime slot, even if it’s generally considered the weak link in the lineage of both.

/Though personally I’d take MGHSH any day over MG ‘98.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2022, 04:58:33 PM »
I’m just a bit befuddled that they’re giving Talk About such a push right out of the gate. You’d think that, for a show that’s not even part of an established franchise, they’d at best put it in a late afternoon slot a la Whew! and see if it grows from there. Plus a network generally wants their heavy hitters in prime time.* So TA going right into 8:00 is a bit mystifying. Are we sure Fremantle doesn’t have a stake in BonusRound.ca?

*Of course, this is the channel that’s had Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour in prime time for nearly 3 years straight, so what do I know? But even that was part of two successful franchises, so there’s some basis to give it a prime slot, even if it’s generally considered the weak link in the lineage of both.

/Though personally I’d take MGHSH any day over MG ‘98.

For us West Coast folk, taking a 5pm slot when half of us are done with work, should have its weight - especially if most of us are busy at 1:30 for Whew!

chargeradiocom

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2022, 04:41:40 PM »

For us West Coast folk, taking a 5pm slot when half of us are done with work, should have its weight - especially if most of us are busy at 1:30 for Whew!
Fair point. But that begs the question, why on earth don't they run a late repeat of Whew!? I know, ET generally drives programming decisions. But I'm in ET and would be happy to have a late viewing option.

gamed121683

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2022, 03:04:02 PM »
So I’m watching the launch marathon as I type this and doing some research, it looks like they’re playing the first 6 episodes. So when the show joins the regular lineup tomorrow, will they continue with Episode 7 or are they jumping to Season 2?

Bryce L.

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2022, 03:39:30 PM »
So I’m watching the launch marathon as I type this and doing some research, it looks like they’re playing the first 6 episodes. So when the show joins the regular lineup tomorrow, will they continue with Episode 7 or are they jumping to Season 2?
They're skipping episode 7 and continuing to episode 8.

TimK2003

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2022, 05:40:58 PM »
Some observations:

I know payoffs on Canadian shows are cheap, but in the bonus game, why not give the team BOTH prizes instead of either/or if the talker can get all 10 words?  I know there is bonus cash already offered as the carrot, but the odds are so low for a perfect 10, it would've been a nice gesture.

Speaking of the bonus game, where does that window cover for the isolation booth go to when the isolated contestant occupies the booth?  Yes, it's a minor technical question, but it's nice to know how certain things are placed/moved to on a show.

Bryce L.

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2022, 05:52:30 PM »
Speaking of the bonus game, where does that window cover for the isolation booth go to when the isolated contestant occupies the booth?  Yes, it's a minor technical question, but it's nice to know how certain things are placed/moved to on a show.
I think I saw it sliding up after a round at one point, so I think it just retracts into the door (sort of like a car window). Would have to re-watch my recording to verify, though.

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2022, 06:35:39 PM »
I think I saw it sliding up after a round at one point, so I think it just retracts into the door (sort of like a car window). Would have to re-watch my recording to verify, though.

Yeah, I caught that. You're exactly right.

mcfly95

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2022, 07:29:33 PM »
Had no idea Wayne Cox was around 40 when this aired (see November 1989 Vancouver paper article with high optimism: https://www.newspapers.com/image/502833718/?terms=%22talkabout%22%20%2B%20%22wayne%20Cox%22&match=1)