Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Talk About Buzzr  (Read 18446 times)

knagl

• Executive Producer
Re: Talk About Buzzr
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2022, 09:10:22 PM »
But I was more surprised that the show is recycling unused subjects in the main game. In the bonus round, sure, no problem, but given that half of the front game is identifying the subject, it seems like a bad idea to give a team the opportunity to think, "Say, wasn't Cocoon one of the available subjects in that episode we watched recently?"

I think it depends on how the season was taped and aired. If the entire season was in the can before any episodes aired then it's a moot point, so long as the competing teams weren't in the audience for its previous mention.

I certainly see the desire to recycle categories that went un-selected. Without that, you're throwing away half of the content you've written without it ever hitting air.

Flerbert419

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2022, 08:32:07 AM »
I certainly see the desire to recycle categories that went un-selected. Without that, you're throwing away half of the content you've written without it ever hitting air.

"And for the 32nd time, are you sure you don't want to talk about Molecular Biology?"

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2022, 11:01:21 AM »
But I was more surprised that the show is recycling unused subjects in the main game. In the bonus round, sure, no problem, but given that half of the front game is identifying the subject, it seems like a bad idea to give a team the opportunity to think, "Say, wasn't Cocoon one of the available subjects in that episode we watched recently?"

I think it depends on how the season was taped and aired. If the entire season was in the can before any episodes aired then it's a moot point, so long as the competing teams weren't in the audience for its previous mention.
Assuming a 5/day, 5/week schedule, this would be some time in the 2nd week of taping. Also, if the early episodes had aired, both teams would in theory have been exposed to it could game plan accordingly.

Another potential explanation specific to just this topic is that the 2nd Cocoon episode would've aired close to when the Cocoon sequel would have hit theatres. Maybe someone thought pushing out a topic related to then-current events could increase the show's popularity.
This signature is currently under construction.

TimK2003

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2022, 02:29:53 PM »
Did Buzzr already burn through their first wave of episodes?  Looks like they are back to Episode 1 as of Friday Night.

Bryce L.

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2022, 02:33:33 PM »
Did Buzzr already burn through their first wave of episodes?  Looks like they are back to Episode 1 as of Friday Night.
No, they ran Episode 1 in lieu of Episode 32. We keep going on Monday with Episode 33. And likewise, on Friday the 8th, Episode 37 is due to be skipped and replaced with Episode 2.

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2022, 08:33:52 AM »

At which point I realized that no one updated that particular host card. But I was more surprised that the show is recycling unused subjects in the main game. In the bonus round, sure, no problem, but given that half of the front game is identifying the subject, it seems like a bad idea to give a team the opportunity to think, "Say, wasn't Cocoon one of the available subjects in that episode we watched recently?"
  Actually it is very helpful in bonus round.   The team just plans a very likely word for likely subjects.  If we get " Cocoon" I won't say "Howard" until I get to 9.