Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Close calls....narrow escapes.....  (Read 123428 times)

Ian Wallis

Re: Close calls....narrow escapes.....
« Reply #420 on: November 22, 2021, 11:10:44 PM »
After the shows from the marathon in September air again ending on Thanksgiving Day, Friday jumps back to where the run started on Labor Day--show 78.  This means Randy's first show should rerun on the 10th of December, and his win should air on the 13th.  By weird coincidence, in between on the 12th is the 20th anniversary of his passing.  The 16th should be episode 92, a great episode which BUZZR mangled in its first airing.

For those who keep track of these things, how many times does BUZZR usually repeat shows before they add new episodes to the rotation?  I'm guessing they'll likely run thru the entire 65 shows again - do you think we'll see new episodes after that or are they likely to repeat again before adding new ones?  Based on past history...just curious.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

snowpeck

« Reply #421 on: November 22, 2021, 11:15:04 PM »
After the shows from the marathon in September air again ending on Thanksgiving Day, Friday jumps back to where the run started on Labor Day--show 78.  This means Randy's first show should rerun on the 10th of December, and his win should air on the 13th.  By weird coincidence, in between on the 12th is the 20th anniversary of his passing.  The 16th should be episode 92, a great episode which BUZZR mangled in its first airing.

For those who keep track of these things, how many times does BUZZR usually repeat shows before they add new episodes to the rotation?  I'm guessing they'll likely run thru the entire 65 shows again - do you think we'll see new episodes after that or are they likely to repeat again before adding new ones?  Based on past history...just curious.
My guess is they'll get through them a couple more times before getting new ones, but it's really anybody's guess. Some shows have gone a year or more without new episodes and then new ones pop up out of the blue. Other shows get new episodes regularly every few months.

I also have a slight hunch we might see a week of celebrity shows during this year's Betty White Christmas, but the schedule for that isn't out yet so I don't know for sure.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

trainman

« Reply #422 on: November 22, 2021, 11:50:07 PM »
...(do the DirectTVs and DISHs even carry it? If so I suppose they would qualify too, I think I can access those data feeds as well)...

DirecTV doesn't carry it on the national satellite-delivered lineup, but I have their "Local Channel Connector" add-on that integrates OTA channels into the on-screen guide. Looks like their source has decent data for some Buzzr shows ("Super Password," for example, has celebrities and original air dates listed)... but "Whew!" is not one of those.
trainman is a man of trains

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #423 on: November 23, 2021, 12:00:50 PM »
DirecTV doesn't carry it on the national satellite-delivered lineup, but I have their "Local Channel Connector" add-on that integrates OTA channels into the on-screen guide. Looks like their source has decent data for some Buzzr shows ("Super Password," for example, has celebrities and original air dates listed)... but "Whew!" is not one of those.

Ah, that might be why. I should grab a Super Password and see what NPVR does with that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gridlockjoe

« Reply #424 on: November 23, 2021, 12:47:39 PM »
I also have a slight hunch we might see a week of celebrity shows during this year's Betty White Christmas, but the schedule for that isn't out yet so I don't know for sure.

Betty was on five episodes in total: 3 with Richard Kline (3/26/80-3/28/80) and 2 with John Saxon (5/29/80-5/30/80, end of the series).

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #425 on: November 23, 2021, 01:22:06 PM »

Since it has been reported that Whew! has been a big hit for BUZZR, one would guess they'd want to get fresh shows out there ASAP.  ISTR Concentration's original batch of 30 shows was repeated once before fresher shows aired.

Celebrity Whew! as part of the Betty White Christmas would be a pleasant surprise...

Ian Wallis

« Reply #426 on: November 23, 2021, 10:33:26 PM »

Since it has been reported that Whew! has been a big hit for BUZZR, one would guess they'd want to get fresh shows out there ASAP.  ISTR Concentration's original batch of 30 shows was repeated once before fresher shows aired.

Celebrity Whew! as part of the Betty White Christmas would be a pleasant surprise...

I didn't hear that, but it's good to know Whew is doing well for them.  Are ratings for any BUZZR shows available online anywhere?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

tyshaun1

« Reply #427 on: November 25, 2021, 09:06:39 AM »
I didn't hear that, but it's good to know Whew is doing well for them.  Are ratings for any BUZZR shows available online anywhere?
Negative, but the streamers have generally reported that BUZZR is one of their most viewed channels.

gridlockjoe

« Reply #428 on: December 05, 2021, 07:15:59 PM »
According to TitanTV, Buzzr will be skipping episodes 93 (Sarah vs Allen) and 94 (Allen vs Sharon) this go-round. They go from 92 (Gwendolyn vs George 12/16) to 95 (Liz vs Larry 12/17).

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #429 on: December 05, 2021, 07:39:32 PM »
A reminder that 92 was one of the episodes where the commercial breaks were mistimed the first time it aired on BUZZR, for those people wanting (hopefully) a flawless version.  It's also a great episode.

JMFabiano

« Reply #430 on: December 05, 2021, 10:16:33 PM »
According to TitanTV, Buzzr will be skipping episodes 93 (Sarah vs Allen) and 94 (Allen vs Sharon) this go-round. They go from 92 (Gwendolyn vs George 12/16) to 95 (Liz vs Larry 12/17).

Now tries to think of any off color blooper they may have noticed...
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

gridlockjoe

« Reply #431 on: December 08, 2021, 01:52:00 PM »

The official schedule is out, now showing no skips, except for the previously-skipped 101, from today through the end of 2021.

gridlockjoe

« Reply #432 on: December 29, 2021, 08:30:46 AM »
For Betty White's birthday, January 17, we are getting two Celebrity Whew! episodes. Buzzr is labeling these as 224 and 225. However, by my reckoning, 224 and 225 feature Carolyn Jones and Michael Young from 3/19/80 and 3/20/80, the week before Betty and Richard Kline are on (3/26-3/28).

I expect my numbering will be off somewhere.

Also, the regularly scheduled episode, 115, will be skipped.

gamed121683

« Reply #433 on: December 29, 2021, 08:53:42 AM »
For Betty White's birthday, January 17, we are getting two Celebrity Whew! episodes. Buzzr is labeling these as 224 and 225. However, by my reckoning, 224 and 225 feature Carolyn Jones and Michael Young from 3/19/80 and 3/20/80, the week before Betty and Richard Kline are on (3/26-3/28).

I expect my numbering will be off somewhere.

Also, the regularly scheduled episode, 115, will be skipped.

This would assume that the schedule for the entire Betty birthday weekend is now out. Assuming it is, where can one find it, episode notations and all?

Also has Episode #115 of Whew aired on Buzzr before?

gridlockjoe

« Reply #434 on: December 29, 2021, 09:18:39 AM »
This would assume that the schedule for the entire Betty birthday weekend is now out. Assuming it is, where can one find it, episode notations and all?

Also has Episode #115 of Whew aired on Buzzr before?

You can view the schedule at:

https://buzzrtv.com/schedule/schedule_by_date/22-01-17/America/New_York

substituting the date as appropriate. View the page source to see the notations including episode numbers.

Episode 115 did air the last run-through.