Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: UK Import Hosts in America/International American Hosts  (Read 4435 times)

SamJ93

Re: UK Import Hosts in America/International American Hosts
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2021, 01:24:28 PM »
If we're going to count reality shows, Germany-born Heidi Klum hosted Project Runway in the US. If you consider her basically an American by now, she also hosted the German version of Next Top Model.
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

nowhammies10

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2021, 02:59:12 PM »
Couple more: Ross Shafer hosted Love Me, Love Me Not up here in Canada for Canadian consumption.  Art James also came up north of the 49th to host Super Pay Cards!.

Stackertosh

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2021, 05:26:56 PM »
Patrick Kielty hosting the American Deal or No Deal pilot for ABC.

Cat Deeley -So You Think You Can Dance on Fox

Stacey Hayes- Co host of Lingo on GSN.

I don't know if this counts

Don Francisco hosting Sabado Gigante
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:38:39 PM by Stackertosh »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2021, 09:08:26 PM »
Patrick Kielty hosting the American Deal or No Deal pilot for ABC.

Cat Deeley -So You Think You Can Dance on Fox

Stacey Hayes- Co host of Lingo on GSN.

I don't know if this counts

Don Francisco hosting Sabado Gigante

Not a single one of those is topic related and at least one of them is the inverse.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Bob Zager

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2021, 09:49:59 PM »
Donny Osmond hosted versions of Pyramid in both the U.S. and UK.

JD

Osmond also hosted the UK version of Identity (hosted by Penn Gillete in U.S.)

Anyone remember The Rich List,  which Fox aired only one episode of, hosted by Eamonn Holmes?

SuperMatch93

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2021, 09:56:39 PM »
Anyone remember The Rich List,  which Fox aired only one episode of, hosted by Eamonn Holmes?

I do indeed, I even watched that one episode when Fox aired it.

Were the rest ever burned off on GSN, or did they just air their original version?
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2021, 09:15:44 PM »
I hadn't included reality shows because I knew that door would open, but yeah, there's surprisingly a lot of hosts of reality competitions that have become so synonymous with the brand, that they've hosted more than one international version.

If you open up the door to judges, then that opens the flood gates for the various judges that have crossed the pond for American Idol, DWTS, AGT, and X-Factor.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2021, 11:12:11 PM »
If you open up the door to judges, then that opens the flood gates for the various judges that have crossed the pond for American Idol, DWTS, AGT, and X-Factor.

That possibly adds something particularly interesting to this thread. The X Factor is the only show I can think of where the US both imported and exported somebody. Simon Cowell came over to our version, and we sent Nicole Scherzinger back their way.

CeleTheRef

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2021, 07:21:29 AM »
I wonder if there are any hosts who did a show in a country that speaks a language other than their native tongue? The only sorta-example I can think of is Mexican TPiR host Marco Antonio Regil, who hosted the Live stage show in the US for a while and apparently even audtioned to replace Barker.
If you considered "That's Amore" a game show, there was Luca.

That's Amore was considered a talk show in Italy, altough the studio audience voted a winner.  Luca Barbareschi's only real gameshow to his name was Greed in 2000.

In Italy, NY-born Mike Bongiorno was considered the archetypical gameshow host.  Also Jocelyn Hattab, whose first language is French, hosted and directed several gameshows in Italy and currently he directs Chain Reaction.

Neumms

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2021, 12:01:20 PM »
Another one that popped into my mind just now: Vernon Kay coming here to host Million Dollar Mind Game.

Was there a UK version that he hosted? Presuming brainteasers are universal, that'd be fun to watch. I loved that show.