The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Biggest game/reality show highlights of 2018?

(1/3) > >>

johnnya2k3:
With the year winding down, time to go over what were the biggest game and reality show highlights of 2018; for starters:

The returns of Double Dare (with original host Marc Summers as announcer) and Deal or No Deal
Buzzr adding Classic Concentration to their lineup (with the Jack Narz Concentration possibly next after gathering dust in Fremantle's vaults)
Celebrity Big Brother now in America, while the UK Big Brother finds a new home after being evicted from Five
American Idol now on ABC, and as the first such show to allow viewers watching and voting live in all time zones (take that, The Voice!); Maddie Poppe won
Jeopardy's first All-Star Games, with Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter among the team captains
SOMEWHAT RELATED: Glenn Weiss' (who directed some game shows early in his career) proposal at the Primetime Emmys...which also saw RuPaul's Drag Race take Reality/Competition Program
The passings of Howard Felsher, Dale Winton (Supermarket Sweep (UK)), Jim Bowen (Bullseye (UK)), and Frank Buxton (Get The Message)

Any others?

aaron sica:

TLEberle:
Indeed. Notwithstanding the "newsworthiness" of some of the items, either Jonathan does not understand the concept of time as he has put as one of the 2018 stories something that has not happened yet, or he's a Time Lord.

I know where I'd place my bet on that.

clemon79:
It's notable in that it is about to be seen.

Stackertosh:
WWTBAM UK returning with Jeremy Clarkson

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version