Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376122 times)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #870 on: November 02, 2022, 09:01:26 PM »
I'm in the process of co-developing a new game project with the firm that managed to sell my family card game, Trashed, to Winning Moves.

Goes down BGG rabbit hole...

Wait a minute, you did Rhino Hero?  Holy shit!
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #871 on: November 03, 2022, 01:00:25 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted. If you like game controls but don't have the dollars to purchase them, see link below for a series of powerpoint controls that are surprisingly detailed and well put together.

https://www.rusnakcreative.com/
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #872 on: November 03, 2022, 04:23:27 PM »
Thanks for the question, Bro. Lemon. The last I heard, four puzzles for a game with 4 or more players in teams, six puzzles for a three-player game. The person in charge of the game board with clues (think of a FF-style board) rotates. If it's team vs. team, high score team after four puzzles wins. Unless there's an extra player who can serve as permanently running the game board, a player from each team takes turns at the board. In a three-player game, each player gets a chance to control the board twice and have four chances to score as individuals. With a set of 100 puzzles, that comes out to roughly 18 to 25 complete games before going through all the material. I'd think at most 150 would be a good total. The firm is making pitches to companies stating the game has 300 puzzles. It's probably a very appealing number to a potential manufacturer. It could very well be that any company that decides to buy the rights will make their own decision as to how many puzzles they choose to print, based on costs or how hard or easy they want the game to be.  Rhino Hero? Not mine, but I could have been the inspiration for the hefty character... :-)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #873 on: November 04, 2022, 03:43:59 PM »
Thanks for the question, Bro. Lemon. The last I heard, four puzzles for a game with 4 or more players in teams, six puzzles for a three-player game.

Got it. I guess at that point, the question is one of how quickly the game plays. If it's only six puzzles with three, is the game over in 20-30 minutes, or is the experience still 60-90 minutes? If it's the former, I can see them wanting 50 games worth of content as opposed to the typical 25-30, and ESPECIALLY if the content isn't really reusable.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #874 on: November 14, 2022, 08:11:56 PM »
Wordle has a "home game" out... https://tinyurl.com/Wordle22

Bob Zager

« Reply #875 on: November 17, 2022, 03:21:28 PM »
Wordle has a "home game" out... https://tinyurl.com/Wordle22

I mentioned it in a separate post, since Wordle itself is NOT a game show!  While on the subject, I found in my local Kohl's store a similar game from University Games called "5-letter WORDLET"  Also, LINGO is reportedly permiering on CBS Prime-time come January 11, 2023!

curtking

« Reply #876 on: November 18, 2022, 02:32:47 PM »
Found this at my local Food Lion yesterday.  Are any of these games any good?

BrandonFG

« Reply #877 on: November 18, 2022, 02:53:45 PM »
We have the Feud card game that we bought from Five Below. If that version is anything like what we have, it's a fun game but no buzzer*. Pretty much individual survey questions printed on each card.

*Can't tell from the pic but is the buzzer simply a mobile app where you press a button to ring in?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Bob Zager

« Reply #878 on: November 21, 2022, 05:27:08 PM »

Is FoodLion associated with Kroger?  If not, can somebody post a follow-up if they see these games anywhere else?  Did FoodLion also have the "Fast Feud--Top answers only," game?

BrandonFG

« Reply #879 on: November 21, 2022, 05:51:41 PM »
Is FoodLion associated with Kroger?
To the best of my knowledge, no. I know Kroger and Harris Teeter are, however. Given how large the Kroger stores are around here, I wouldn't be surprised if they sold the games.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #880 on: November 21, 2022, 06:23:28 PM »
Food Lion is owned by Ahold Delhaize Group, for the record.

They also own Giant of Maryland, Giant of Pennsylvania/Martin’s Food Stores, Stop & Shop, and Hannaford. So if any of you are familiar with any of these chains, they’re all corporate siblings.

Full disclosure: they are also my employer.

To the best of my knowledge I have not seen any of these games in store.

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

mystery7

« Reply #881 on: November 22, 2022, 02:19:04 PM »
Can I just say I wish Ahold would settle on branding all their identical stores as Stop & Shop? Or just do what Prince did and be known as a logo? I'm tired of having to show my "Martin's Giant & Shop" card at the register in this area, where it's Giant near work and Martin's at home. The people from our Martin's gas stations and Giant Eagle would probably appreciate that too.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #882 on: November 23, 2022, 06:03:53 PM »
I have Wheel and Jeopardy, but the versions in the cube box. I didn't expect much except new content for game nights with my non-game show friends.

Is FoodLion associated with Kroger?  If not, can somebody post a follow-up if they see these games anywhere else?
The two Dave and Buster's in my area carry Deal, PYL, J and Wheel for about 1500 tickets apiece. Not bad for a fun day out.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

GSRebich

« Reply #883 on: November 30, 2022, 09:06:37 PM »
I work at the Food Lion in Beckley, WV and we have those games display with our Christmas items.

Bob Zager

« Reply #884 on: December 01, 2022, 01:00:00 PM »
Spin Master Games' Facebook page now shows a video demo of their new Jeopardy! game:

https://www.facebook.com/spinmastergames/videos/833247801227925

Walmart in my area is the first spot to stock the new sixth edition of Wheel of Fortune (the standard version, not the bonus version, sold at Kohl's).

Ollie's Bargain Outlet has Alex Trebek's autobiography in stock selling for $4.99, and Card Sharks for $7.99!