Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376132 times)

Bryce L.

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #750 on: October 03, 2021, 05:04:50 PM »
Apparently a Supermarket Sweep game is coming- Buzzr is giving some away in a watch and win promotion…

Was the promo showing actual product image, or just horizontal scrolling message mentioning the upcoming give away?
Appeared to show the front and back of the box (whether actual product or mockup, I couldn't tell you).

EDIT: Here's the promo in question...

https://twitter.com/BUZZRtv/status/1443984134913892385

Fedya

« Reply #751 on: October 03, 2021, 06:24:04 PM »
Take that game to your local supermarket and play!
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Bob Zager

« Reply #752 on: October 07, 2021, 11:18:16 AM »
Apparently a Supermarket Sweep game is coming- Buzzr is giving some away in a watch and win promotion…

Was the promo showing actual product image, or just horizontal scrolling message mentioning the upcoming give away?
Appeared to show the front and back of the box (whether actual product or mockup, I couldn't tell you).

Being the avid box game collector I am, I was very surprised, and thrilled to read about this.  I hope it will be in stores, soon; though I am going to try to win a copy during the "Watch and win," week!

The other day I was inside one of the major department stores in my area (I'm not going to say which), and they had taped to some display counters photocopies of products for the holiday season.  Although they didn't have in stock the actual merchandise I was surprised to see shown in the plans for this year were card game and box game versions of ...........WWTBAM.  Apparently, the card game has been available for awhile at amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/Who-Wants-Millionaire-Card-Game/dp/B07XF1JPRJ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=millionaire+ginger+fox&qid=1633618947&sr=8-1

Of the seven detailed click-on images, the last two clearly indicate a U.S. version.  You will even notice amazon.com clearly states if ordered from amazon.com the U.S version will be shipped, and the British version if bought at amazon.co.uk.

Here is a look at the U.S. box game, from the Ginger Fox games catalog:

https://assets.isu.pub/document-structure/210621142802-e35ff105bc603042432618e60d27e790/v1/2b02e040088bdf87d04a63a9db87b643.jpeg

It's been a long time since there has been any Millionaire themed board/card games here in the U.S.  There almost was a combination DVD/Board game from University Games/Imagination Gaming years ago.  I hope that Ginger Fox will release games based on The Chase here in the U.S., like they have done in the U.K.

Wonder whatever happened with the so called "America Says," board game.  Nobody from GSN seemed to have heard anything about such a product.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #753 on: October 08, 2021, 10:33:53 AM »

A couple takeaways based on the blurry box images:

You can make out from the corner of the box that it's made by Imagination Gaming- they did Press Your Luck and the recent Wheel and Jeopardy games, all of which had a mobile app component.

The back of the box shows a mobile companion app as well.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Bob Zager

« Reply #754 on: October 08, 2021, 04:40:09 PM »
amazon.com is now taking preorders for Supermarket Sweep, and showing box art and contents on their site:

https://www.amazon.com/Imagination-Gaming-6823-Supermarket-Sweep/dp/B08Y612HKF/ref=sr_1_32?dchild=1&keywords=%22supermarket+sweep%22&qid=1633724976&sr=8-32

SuperMatch93

« Reply #755 on: October 12, 2021, 10:15:57 PM »
Has anyone tried the Millionaire PC game that came out last year? If so, what did you think of it?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1356240/Who_Wants_To_Be_A_Millionaire/

I've been on a bit of a Millionaire kick lately watching older British episodes and I've been trying to find a good PC version. I still have the original Jellyvision one on CD-ROM but it doesn't work on modern PCs due to issues with DirectShow, and the only other one I have is the 2010 Ludia one.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Hastin

« Reply #756 on: October 15, 2021, 01:51:23 PM »
Has anyone tried the Millionaire PC game that came out last year? If so, what did you think of it?

It's bad. Really. Bad. I'd recommend watching a stream before buying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-QR1fCVXF0

Super clunky, audio voice overs are awful, only uses France/Rave soundtrack, no QA was done on the question banks, the lights don't even go down with the "lights down" cue - like they got 75% of the way there and were told "ship it".

Consider trying some of the old UK games from the Internet Archive, they work great (even on modern PCs).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 02:25:15 PM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

SuperMatch93

« Reply #757 on: October 15, 2021, 05:03:49 PM »

It's bad. Really. Bad. I'd recommend watching a stream before buying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-QR1fCVXF0

Super clunky, audio voice overs are awful, only uses France/Rave soundtrack, no QA was done on the question banks, the lights don't even go down with the "lights down" cue - like they got 75% of the way there and were told "ship it".

Geez, and I thought the Ludia one dragged. I found myself skipping through that stream just to see each correct answer.

Thanks for the Internet Archive link, I'll give the British one a try.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #758 on: October 19, 2021, 01:42:51 PM »
Every Jackbox Party Pack has at least one game with trivia and/or game show elements to it. The recently-released eighth edition has two such games.

Poll Mine pits two teams against one another to find the rankings to survey questions- some rounds will ask for the top three answers, some may ask for the answers that ranked towards the middle, and the final round requires the teams to find the answers in order of least popular to most. The catch is that all of the survey data comes from the responses of the players in the game. You may get asked to rank the most essential add-ons for an ice cream sundae or which animal would be scariest if it had wings. I think it has a high replay value.

The Wheel of Enormous Proportions is the other game- players answer trivia questions in order to earn wedge selections on a giant wheel. Questions have a lot of variation- you may be asked to select the European car companies from a list of 12, make an educated numeric guess ala Card Sharks, or you might get pitted in a 30 second Dis or Dat round. There's a lot of variety in the trivia, so it's much appreciated. The Wheel is where you score all of your points, with the first player to hit the goal score winning. The wheel portion of the game is a little unremarkable, but it's still a solid addition for the trivia alone.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Sodboy13

« Reply #759 on: October 20, 2021, 12:07:46 AM »
Found a Plinko board for $1.99 at Goodwill on Monday. Put it together, and lo and behold, the two pieces are nearly flush and it works. The sound seems to be broken, but the LED lights work, and I'm fine with that for my investment.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

DjohnsonCB

Found at Bomgaars in CB, Iowa: Card Sharks home game
« Reply #760 on: October 20, 2021, 09:41:45 PM »
Saw this tonight for the first time--the Endless Games version of Card Sharks.  I'm positive it's been discussed here before, but couldn't find a thread on it, even after typing Card Sharks in the Search bar.  Is it any good?
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Bob Zager

« Reply #761 on: October 21, 2021, 04:56:30 PM »
I think you'd like it, since the game is 100% played like the ABC-TV version!

bwood

« Reply #762 on: October 21, 2021, 05:22:56 PM »
Speaking of Endless Games, I read they were just bought out by Goliath Games. Don't know what that will mean for the future of their role producing Game Show Games. One of their upper management staff is staying on though so that may help. He's been with them since the beginning.

Bob Zager

« Reply #763 on: October 22, 2021, 11:11:16 AM »
Speaking of Endless Games, I read they were just bought out by Goliath Games. Don't know what that will mean for the future of their role producing Game Show Games. One of their upper management staff is staying on though so that may help. He's been with them since the beginning.

“The kids’ games will transition to the Goliath brand,” David Norman, president of Goliath’s North American office says. “Family and adult titles will remain under the Endless Games brand.”

Although nothing specific, I wouldn't be surprised if they could be working on an updated version of Password, to coincide with the proposed NBC revival.

Goiliath acquired Pressman a few years ago, and as I mentioned in an earlier post, I would not be surprised if a new WOF game is planned to coincide with the show's  40th season next year, as well as Pressman's 100th anniversary!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #764 on: October 28, 2021, 05:20:02 PM »
Goiliath acquired Pressman a few years ago, and as I mentioned in an earlier post, I would not be surprised if a new WOF game is planned to coincide with the show's  40th season next year, as well as Pressman's 100th anniversary!
New glittery box, same contents with the only difference being the color of the wheel and puzzleboard plastic.

I get that it’s an easy money grab for the license, but I wish Pressman would try something different with their Wheel box game.