Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376076 times)

Mike Tennant

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #630 on: August 31, 2020, 09:56:37 AM »
The first question I pull up on the back of that game's box is to name a Star Wars character.  The #8 answer, as written on the box, is PRINCES LEIA.  That doesn't exactly inspire confidence within me.
Especially when Jar Jar Binks comes in at #7.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #631 on: August 31, 2020, 10:56:45 AM »
The first question I pull up on the back of that game's box is to name a Star Wars character.  The #8 answer, as written on the box, is PRINCES LEIA.  That doesn't exactly inspire confidence within me.

I’m suddenly afraid to see what questions are in my Star Wars Family Feud set.

Yes, they made one. I got it for Christmas a couple years ago, never took it out of the packaging.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #632 on: August 31, 2020, 12:52:01 PM »
Plus, the question is "Name a character from the 'Star Wars' movie".

What inspires even less confidence in me is the "Name a 90's comedy movie" question, featuring such 1990s classics as When Harry Met Sally, Beverly Hills Cop, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and Dumb and Dummer.

I’m suddenly afraid to see what questions are in my Star Wars Family Feud set.
Probably something related to "hur hur 'lightsaber'".
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #633 on: August 31, 2020, 01:26:00 PM »
What inspires even less confidence in me is the "Name a 90's comedy movie" question, featuring such 1990s classics as When Harry Met Sally, Beverly Hills Cop, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and Dumb and Dummer.
Two of those came out in 1989 (and Christmas Vacation was December 1989), which is close enough for me, and I assume most people, to shrug and move on.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #634 on: August 31, 2020, 01:46:50 PM »

This does bring to mind a philosophical question, because people like to say, "hey, it's a survey!" when it comes to less-than-correct answers on Feud. But in this case, when so many of the responses are factually incorrect, do we think they should A) weed out the bad ones and keep the good ones, B) play it as is, because it does reflect what was said or C) forget the question altogether?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #635 on: August 31, 2020, 03:40:28 PM »
But in this case, when so many of the responses are factually incorrect, do we think they should A) weed out the bad ones and keep the good ones, B) play it as is, because it does reflect what was said or C) forget the question altogether?

I lean toward C, although I might go with B if I thought people wouldn't complain too much. Definitely not A (unless the inaccurate answers are all low scoring and the top five or six answers are all accurate).

But most likely C. If that many people are coming up with answers that don't technically fit the parameters of the question, then it isn't a good question to begin with.

TalkingHeadsFan

« Reply #636 on: August 31, 2020, 04:09:23 PM »
I'd heard some rumors about one of these, and when doing a search I was surprised to see this page come up, but the prices are pretty high:

https://familyfeud.shop/

Scroll down toward the bottom, and you'll really be surprised!

Check out: https://familyfeud.shop/products/

This brings you to a landing page where you see a little more info. on the PYL Board Game and the Family Feud Digital Game. Turns out the Family Feud Digital "Game" is just a generic looking PowerPoint template...too bad.

-Doug

TimK2003

« Reply #637 on: August 31, 2020, 07:09:34 PM »

Only if Jar Jar Binks was the Number One answer...

Vgmastr

« Reply #638 on: September 01, 2020, 08:52:53 AM »
I'd heard some rumors about one of these, and when doing a search I was surprised to see this page come up, but the prices are pretty high:

https://familyfeud.shop/

Scroll down toward the bottom, and you'll really be surprised!

Check out: https://familyfeud.shop/products/

This brings you to a landing page where you see a little more info. on the PYL Board Game and the Family Feud Digital Game. Turns out the Family Feud Digital "Game" is just a generic looking PowerPoint template...too bad.

-Doug

So is the only thing in the box for the PYL "board" game the plush Whammy and the question cards?  If so, they should have just sold the rights to Jackbox Games and gone the whole way with it.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #639 on: September 01, 2020, 12:04:35 PM »
So is the only thing in the box for the PYL "board" game the plush Whammy and the question cards?  If so, they should have just sold the rights to Jackbox Games and gone the whole way with it.
Oh my.  What if Jackbox got into doing video game versions of game shows?  I think I just peed a little in joy of the possibilities.  Conversely, I'd watch a TV version of Quiplash with the right panelists.

Vgmastr

« Reply #640 on: September 01, 2020, 06:32:46 PM »
Oh my.  What if Jackbox got into doing video game versions of game shows?  I think I just peed a little in joy of the possibilities.  Conversely, I'd watch a TV version of Quiplash with the right panelists.

When Covid first happened Jackbox streamed a bunch of games with celebrities for charity, most were pretty entertaining.  But yeah, with the quality they put out along with the tech of using your phones, Jackbox versions of games shows would be amazing.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #641 on: September 09, 2020, 12:55:02 PM »

This does bring to mind a philosophical question, because people like to say, "hey, it's a survey!" when it comes to less-than-correct answers on Feud. But in this case, when so many of the responses are factually incorrect, do we think they should A) weed out the bad ones and keep the good ones, B) play it as is, because it does reflect what was said or C) forget the question altogether?

-Jason

I think it's A, but if there's enough bad answers for that question, then you have to throw it out.

I don't remember every thread I've posted on here, but a decade ago we had this same conversation about non-factual answers making it on to Feud surveys.

http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php/topic,20801.15.html
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #642 on: September 09, 2020, 05:21:42 PM »
I think it's A, but if there's enough bad answers for that question, then you have to throw it out.
Adding up the points on the question I mentioned gives a total of 76 with #1 worth just 15 points (resulting in a true #1 answer of "Other", something I'm pretty sure we've derided the show for pulling before). The factually-incorrect answers account for 31 of those points (46 if "Dumb and Dummer" is counted since that's a misspelling), leaving a board that's perfect if a family swept the first two rounds but not good for much else.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Bob Zager

« Reply #643 on: September 09, 2020, 07:01:08 PM »
For the first time, I've seen a listing for such a products at LTD Commodities:

https://www.ltdcommodities.com/images/product/92541_1325311_WEZ_zm.jpg

This might just be a promotional prototype box, so don't be surprised one way or the other.

Hastin

« Reply #644 on: September 10, 2020, 12:38:41 PM »
For the first time, I've seen a listing for such a products at LTD Commodities:

https://www.ltdcommodities.com/images/product/92541_1325311_WEZ_zm.jpg

This might just be a promotional prototype box, so don't be surprised one way or the other.

Yeah, looks like they just took the 4th edition photo and slapped a "5th" on only the box, as the manual still says "4th Edition".

It's just wild to me that these have basically been the same since the 80s, short of the smaller puzzle board.
-Hastin :)