Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376406 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2017, 09:04:22 PM »
Also up on Amazon for $15 is Wheel of Fortune Bingo- looks like you spin the wheel to knock letters off your puzzle until it's complete.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZ21N0D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_UFgtzbCMP8TSD
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Bob Zager

« Reply #286 on: June 24, 2017, 12:36:59 PM »
There is also a Jeopardy! "card game" from Mattel!  You can check out a video review of it here:

https://ttpm.com/p/23502/mattel/jeopardy-card-game/

Although it's not 100% faithful to the show, it can be a faster-paced party game, with fun twists involved.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #287 on: June 24, 2017, 01:13:23 PM »
Hmm, that's actually pretty cleverly done. For $8 from Amazon it might be worth pulling the trigger.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #288 on: June 24, 2017, 03:51:59 PM »
The question for me is more can you just play the questions and not the card game.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #289 on: June 24, 2017, 06:03:21 PM »
The question for me is more can you just play the questions and not the card game.

Not sure I follow you. Why couldn't you? There's 20 clues on a card, one in each category.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #290 on: June 25, 2017, 01:16:06 AM »
I was hoping that each card would be a category like the board game. That said it's still a great deal of content for not much money. and they're essentially a Bezzerwizzer expansion pack.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 05:09:25 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #291 on: July 01, 2017, 11:36:34 AM »
I bought it. It's an interesting take on Jeopardy; my only gripe is that playing the game by the rule book will cause a lot of content to go wasted. Essentially, the same six categories are played for the first round, but because each card only has one clue from each category and you're supposed to discard each clue card after a response, 19 clues go unanswered.

One small edit I've made to counter that is that once a category is played, it gets replaced by a new one until all categories are exhausted. This way you can use the same card for the entire round (provided you have one emcee with control of the card)

Either way, it's a great amount of content for the price. Glad to see that companies are getting a little more creative with these game show home games.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2017, 01:31:15 PM »
I sure wish the typeface and thus the cards were bigger.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #293 on: July 01, 2017, 01:56:17 PM »
because each card only has one clue from each category and you're supposed to discard each clue card after a response, 19 clues go unanswered.

You know that "discard" means you just put the card on the bottom of the deck once you've used the clue, right? You don't have to tear it up. ;)

One small edit I've made to counter that is that once a category is played, it gets replaced by a new one until all categories are exhausted.

This, though, seems pretty fun. :)

jmangin

« Reply #294 on: July 03, 2017, 03:34:27 PM »
When playing The Joker's Wild at game night I've been using Bezzerwizzer for content. The software selects five of the 20 categories available, pairing Fast Forward, Take a Chance or Bid with one of the categories occasionally (or even Mystery replacing one of them). I'm thinking this new Jeopardy! card game may expand the available categories for this game and even for others which require multiple questions, like Tic Tac Dough, Top Card, etc.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #295 on: July 12, 2017, 10:00:08 PM »
Also up on Amazon for $15 is Wheel of Fortune Bingo- looks like you spin the wheel to knock letters off your puzzle until it's complete.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZ21N0D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_UFgtzbCMP8TSD
I bought it on a whim. Prime Day makes you do frivolous things every now and then.

Just as expected, you spin the wheel, trying to knock off all your letters to “solve” the puzzle. Each puzzle card has a value equal to the number of letters. There’s also a Jackpot space to help you score extra points on the side. By the rules, the winner is the player who has the most points once someone solves three puzzles, so you could be the first to three and still lose. I recommend just playing to a set point goal.

It’s a pretty straightforward game, but more than anything else, this is probably the best wheel I’ve seen since the ‘86 Deluxe Edition. It’s a good size, spins well, and has a sunk-in area for the wheel card, so you could theoretically print out your own configurations. For those who want to go that route, just note that this wheel has 28 spaces instead of the standard 24, but I imagine it won’t take too long for the Wheel enthusiasts over at DeviantArt to come up with some creations.

At $15, I recommend.

Sodboy13

« Reply #296 on: July 12, 2017, 10:18:05 PM »
When playing The Joker's Wild at game night I've been using Bezzerwizzer for content. The software selects five of the 20 categories available, pairing Fast Forward, Take a Chance or Bid with one of the categories occasionally (or even Mystery replacing one of them). I'm thinking this new Jeopardy! card game may expand the available categories for this game and even for others which require multiple questions, like Tic Tac Dough, Top Card, etc.

Hey, thanks to you and to Travis for the heads-up on Bezzerwizzer. Found it new for $13 on eBay. A perfect fit for The Big Showdown, too.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

snowpeck

« Reply #297 on: July 20, 2017, 07:56:11 PM »
So, some two decades late, there is now a Target-exclusive home version of Legends of the Hidden Temple. I'm not kidding. Picked it up for $14.99 today.

Can't find a single mention of it anywhere online. Not on Target's website or Pressman's, which is supposed to have an instructional video on how to play it, according to the instruction booklet. Can post pictures of the insides later.

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

pacdude

« Reply #298 on: July 21, 2017, 01:25:26 PM »
Checked the Target close to my work with no avail; I'll check the one close to my house tonight.

WhammyPower

« Reply #299 on: July 21, 2017, 01:51:23 PM »
Checked the Target close to my work with no avail; I'll check the one close to my house tonight.
The one closest to my house didn't have it, but I did see more than a few clearance items lying around the board games section...

/Perhaps Sunday?