Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 379092 times)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2016, 11:31:29 AM »
From my own research of articles from the last few years; some, but not all, games previously released by Imagination Games in the U.S. were sold off to a company called Spin Master Games.  Last year, Spin Master bought out Cardinal Industries, but still releases games under each company name.

Thank you for this.

"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2016, 05:20:55 PM »
I would buy a dry-or wet erase lapboard that had a spinner inset to one corner and a puzzle grid on one side and a Jeopardy grid on the other. I owned both travel sets and never used the included puzzles or the score tracker. The object is to solve the puzzle or answer the questions because you're in the car and it's stone cold boring. The score stuff or Daily Doubles never mattered, it was the thrill of solving each event as it came up.
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2016, 05:32:47 PM »
I've had both sets. My issue with the Tyco set was that there were too many pieces to build (sure, once they're done you don't have to do of again but younspend so much time doing it and I just wanna play)
See, that's where we differ. I found that setting up the Tyco version as a kid was exciting, like you were actually building a game show set.

Have they finally done away with the red overlay and the magic reader?
They sure have. Good riddance too- I understand the need to conceal game material, but rarely was there a situation where that feature helped more than hurt.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2016, 07:08:31 PM »
I found that setting up the Tyco version as a kid was exciting, like you were actually building a game show set.

Agreed! It looked visually impressive on the table and you could pick whatever categories you wanted for each round. We brought out the Quizzard and let players interrupt when I used it back in high school. Couple that with a Final Jeopardy from another source, and it wasn't a bad recipe.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

chrisholland03

« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2016, 01:25:53 PM »
See, that's where we differ. I found that setting up the Tyco version as a kid was exciting, like you were actually building a game show set.

This is why I prefer the Pressman version of Wheel that came out in the 80s -- you had an actual wheel and puzzleboard.

Bob Zager

« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2016, 01:56:08 PM »
Here is shot at a toy/game fair, showing the Deluxe Edition of Jeopardy, complete with the "metal ringer."  Sorry there isn't a closer look at it:

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13892378_10153967503674403_8036975105016276028_n.jpg?oh=b60e5c58edcb7f16ffcaf87fdfe5bb8e&oe=581BFE0E

Sodboy13

« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2016, 11:50:08 PM »
That doesn't look especially "Deluxe," does it?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

bwood

« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2016, 06:51:26 AM »
Spotted the new Family Feud Handheld at WalMart last night. The shelf tag says "Game Show Assortment" but only Feud is present, and that is all I expected to see. Not much of an "Assortment". I took a quick look at it and here is the game in a nutshell:
There is no book of questions. I was able to turn one on through the package. The game shows you a question on the LCD screen (think the square characters like Tiger WoF used in the 90s, but more of them and smaller size), then you pick what answers you think will be on the board from a list of possibilities (it's Tiger FF sans book, now in one self contained unit from what I gathered). That's it. I assume Fast Money is same structure. There was the familiar music/SFX, a "host" voice, and he may have actually read the question but I can't remember. Price tag was around $19.98.
This just appeared at WM within the last few days, as part of the game aisle overhaul that always happens this time of year for the holiday season.

pacdude

« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2016, 06:33:34 PM »

Sodboy13

« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2016, 01:52:40 AM »
Tangentially related: If you own the Card Sharks home game, perhaps you'd like to add some zing to your next trip to the Money Cards with, well, some actual money cards. Opulent, yet affordable, with just the right amount of tackiness.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-24-karat-gold-playing-cards-12
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2016, 03:16:11 PM »
Tangentially related: If you own the Card Sharks home game, perhaps you'd like to add some zing to your next trip to the Money Cards with, well, some actual money cards. Opulent, yet affordable, with just the right amount of tackiness.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-24-karat-gold-playing-cards-12

If they had a giant block "T" on the back of them, I'd be all over them.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JepMasta

« Reply #176 on: August 19, 2016, 01:08:34 AM »
Well I actually OWN those cards, And lemme tell ya, they are worth it if only for the really cool prismatic effects each of the card faces have on them.

Bob Zager

« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2016, 04:43:41 PM »
I just stumbled across a picture of a "Family Feud Disney Edition" card game from Cardinal Industries:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cqoksc_WYAAOZwD.jpg:large

Anybody seen it anywhere?

The other day I was at a local Five Below store, and they had the regular FF card game, plus a card game version of Battle of the Sexes, which has seen radio and television versions worldwide.

In addition, at Five Below, they were selling some big dice (individually), but I didn't catch the price.  You could say they were almost the size of the really big "Show" and "Down" dice shown at the into to the Big Show Down episodes.  If not, they are at least twice the size of the dice used in the bonus round.

TalkingHeadsFan

« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2016, 04:56:01 PM »
In addition, at Five Below, they were selling some big dice (individually), but I didn't catch the price.  You could say they were almost the size of the really big "Show" and "Down" dice shown at the into to the Big Show Down episodes.  If not, they are at least twice the size of the dice used in the bonus round.

From my experience, these are great for any oversized-game-show-dice needs:

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/product/productDet.jsp?productItemID=1%2C689%2C949%2C371%2C918%2C184&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181113&bmUID=1472158395903

Yes, they have the Chinese 2 and there are no plain white dice available but the size is just right and you don't have to worry about damaging anything when rolling them because they're a soft foam-rubber type material. Unfortunately, if you want a matching color pair you'll have to get two sets...

-Doug

vtown7

« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2016, 08:25:18 PM »

They are $5 each.  I bought a pair of black dice with white pips based on a suggestion by Mr. Klauss if memory serves as some of the dice with black pips were fading/falling off.  The dice have been a big hit in my class - we played High Rollers in January and the kids were very anxious to be the roller each time out.

Ryan.