Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread  (Read 376173 times)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Re: Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2015, 06:14:08 PM »
If you have a board game named after you, you are significantly more than "only mildly egotistical"...

Yeah.  That Jan Murray was an asshat.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2015, 06:28:02 PM »
If you have a board game named after you, you are significantly more than "only mildly egotistical"...

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Sodboy13

« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2015, 11:31:55 PM »
Just because "Chris Lemon's Lemon Party!" didn't exactly fly off the shelves doesn't mean you have to get all huffy about it.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

clemon79

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2015, 12:53:25 AM »
Just because "Chris Lemon's Lemon Party!" didn't exactly fly off the shelves doesn't mean you have to get all huffy about it.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Reiner Knizia's X" or "Sid Sackson's Y" or "Steve Jackson's" .... okay, I'll spot you Steve Jackson.

opimus1

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2015, 02:09:52 PM »
[If you have a board game named after you, you are significantly more than "only mildly egotistical"...

Just ask Ivana...she will tell you he has ALWAYS been a dickhead...

JakeT
[/quote]
A designer's name on a hobby game is important now. The name on the box helps distinguish itself from thousands of new games that come out every year.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2015, 05:53:19 PM »
A designer's name on a hobby game is important now.
That's very true. I'm much more likely to buy a game that has a familiar designer's name on it.

I am almost certain that Donald J. Trump did not design Trump: the Game. It was some peon deep within the bowels of the dev basement and the company marketeers put the Trump skin on it. I mentioned this fairly recently--I'm not sure why Jake didn't pick up on this. Maybe he has me blocked.
Travis L. Eberle

JakeT

« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2015, 07:12:20 PM »
A designer's name on a hobby game is important now.
That's very true. I'm much more likely to buy a game that has a familiar designer's name on it.

I am almost certain that Donald J. Trump did not design Trump: the Game. It was some peon deep within the bowels of the dev basement and the company marketeers put the Trump skin on it. I mentioned this fairly recently--I'm not sure why Jake didn't pick up on this. Maybe he has me blocked.

When did I ever suggest that Trump had anything whatsoever to do with the design of the game?  In fact, if he allowed his name and likeness to be put on a game that he had absolutely nothing to do with the design or creation of, that is the height of egotistical in my book...not sure just what it is you think I should have "picked up on"...

So, why would I have blocked you?  Is it because you tend to be a bit of a...oh, never mind...

JakeT

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2015, 02:26:43 PM »
Coming on September 8 to the 3DS is the first traditional game show adaptation for that console (read:  Not Wipeout):  Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/are-you-smarter-than-a-5th-grader/123543

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2015, 05:29:28 PM »
Jackbox Games has announced that the Jackbox Party Pack 2 will be released this fall. The new pack will be headlined by Fibbage 2, while the other four games remain a secret. I presume that You Don't Know Jack will return- the only other game I could see making a return from the first pack is Drawful. At any rate, I'm happy Jackbox continues to crank out new games, especially since the BYOD format lends itself so well to parties.

http://jackboxgames.com/2015/09/the-jackbox-party-pack-is-coming-this-fall-with-fibbage-2/
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Bob Zager

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2015, 02:49:21 PM »

clemon79

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2015, 01:17:54 AM »
family-feud-party-edition

Are the condoms included?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2015, 06:34:18 PM »
A few weeks ago I happened upon a largely complete and good condition sixth edition of Endless Password, in a new shape box and dubbled "Classic Password." I don't know if further editions had a similar problem but the magic window reader is no longer a pleasant leatherette but instead a flimsy paper sleeve that is difficult to open.
Travis L. Eberle

Sodboy13

« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2015, 11:23:34 PM »
The Family Feud "Party" tin contains a question booklet, a wipe-off card, and a marker. That's it. However, it is on sale for $6.99 and claims to have 350 survey questions, so those seeking material might consider it. Also, if you have a Kohl's card, you recently received a $5 coupon good on any purchase of $5 or more. 350 survey questions for $1.99 is a decent acquisition.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

snowpeck

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2015, 12:21:06 AM »
A few weeks ago I happened upon a largely complete and good condition sixth edition of Endless Password, in a new shape box and dubbled "Classic Password." I don't know if further editions had a similar problem but the magic window reader is no longer a pleasant leatherette but instead a flimsy paper sleeve that is difficult to open.
Endless bastardized the later editions that way. I'm not sure with which version that started, but it's so much of a turn off for me that I don't bother with those editions, even when I see them for sale for almost nothing.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Sodboy13

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2015, 11:35:22 PM »
Five Below has the Family Feud "GameBox" edition by Cardinal for $5. It has 203 survey questions individually printed on cards, as well as some strike cards.

Also for $5: Giant Freaking Foam Rubber Dice. I'm talking, like, 8 or 10 inches per side. Available in black, or neon pink, green, or blue. For when Dice Game-sized dice just ain't cuttin' it.