Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AP: Meredith leaving "Millionaire"  (Read 10625 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
AP: Meredith leaving "Millionaire"
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 04:45:20 PM »
Did the old one finally wear out?

\"Hi-yo!\"

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:46:15 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 04:54:21 PM »

In the same way that Bill Cullen would make the mundane totally watchable, there are now at least three names put forth in this thread that would make Millionaire completely awful. 

/Wendy Williams. Now there\'s four.

Travis L. Eberle

Stevek83

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 07:07:10 PM »
<blockquote class=\'ipsBlockquote\'data-author=\"Kevin Prather\" data-cid=\"302774\" data-time=\"1357861892\"><p>

Someone set the over/under before someone suggests Regis come out of retirement.</p>

Maybe...

http://pix11.com/2013/01/11/regis-philbin-considering-return-to-tv/

BillCullen1

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 11:11:24 PM »
Rosie O\'Donnell is available and she has a new mouth to feed...

Did the old one finally wear out?

DING - good answer, good answer. Give him a cigar, or his favorite drink, if he doesn;t smoke.

I\'d rather see Regis take over before Rosie. I\'d rather see John Davidson or Louie Anderson take over before Rosie - just kidding.

As for Tom Bergeron, I believe he said he wasn\'t interested in doing another game show, but he would be a dynamite host.

tvwxman

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 11:29:08 PM »

Put me in the minority - I think Rosie would be perfect for this.

-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 09:24:32 AM »

Call me crazy, but I could see Rosie O\'Donnell. I know she has the rep for being loud and obnoxious, I think she knows the difference between hosting a game show and hosting The View.

Plus from all the game show stuff I\'ve seen her do, I think she\'d genuinely care about the contestants...just as long as she doesn\'t get too emotionally invested.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:25:37 AM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TimK2003

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »
Call me crazy, but I could see Rosie O\'Donnell. I know she has the rep for being loud and obnoxious, I think she knows the difference between hosting a game show and hosting The View.

Plus from all the game show stuff I\'ve seen her do, I think she\'d genuinely care about the contestants...just as long as she doesn\'t get too emotionally invested.

Cat Deeley before Rosie O\'Donnell -- far better eye candy!!! 

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 11:50:20 AM »

Well then, you\'re crazy.

Rosie is not nearly the star she once was.  Many of her recent projects have flopped, and she\'s incredibly polarizing.  And the problem with her caring about the contestants is the possibility -- and I personally think it\'s a very real possibility -- that she\'ll want to start nudging them toward the right answers.    Meredith was very good about keeping a poker face, and there were still times when you could read her pretty well.  Regis didn\'t really seem to have the trivia knowledge to be much of a factor.  Rosie\'s default position would be that the contestant is more important than the game, so what\'s the harm with a little help? That\'s just not how game shows are supposed to work.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 11:51:29 AM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BillCullen1

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 12:12:13 PM »

What Matt said. I agree (X gets the square).

BrandonFG

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 01:00:17 PM »

I am aware of her polarizing nature (and could understand the mere mention could turn off her viewers) and remember her string of flops, but point taken on the lack of poker face. Which is where I was going with her not getting too emotionally invested. I think we agree more than we don\'t, so I apologize if my rationale was vague.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:01:33 PM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 01:45:04 PM »
 I agree (X gets the square).

Can we please do away with this? 

Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »
Can we please do away with this?
I was gonna say this, but then I decided not to say this.

But, yeah, this.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2013, 02:44:21 PM »
I was gonna say this, but then I decided not to say this.

But, yeah, this.

I had that same internal dialogue, but if we\'re all thinking it and nobody bothers to say it, so what. I figured that the benefits (putting to bed an unfunny bit) outweighed whatever potential slings or arrows would be coming my way.

Travis L. Eberle

Don Howard

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2013, 03:02:05 PM »

Jim Nantz....if he has the time to spare with that big heaping on his CBS Sports plate. Hello, friends.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2013, 03:50:42 PM »
And the problem with her caring about the contestants is the possibility -- and I personally think it\'s a very real possibility -- that she\'ll want to start nudging them toward the right answers.    Meredith was very good about keeping a poker face, and there were still times when you could read her pretty well.  Regis didn\'t really seem to have the trivia knowledge to be much of a factor.  Rosie\'s default position would be that the contestant is more important than the game, so what\'s the harm with a little help? That\'s just not how game shows are supposed to work.

Case in point, watch her appearance(s?) on Hollywood Squares.