Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! co-champs...again...  (Read 1454 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Jeopardy! co-champs...again...
« on: January 16, 2013, 03:09:55 AM »

(does this belong in show summaries? If so, please move?)

So I was watching Jeopardy! earlier this evening (or last night to be more accurate), and since I had missed Monday\'s episode I didn\'t know until tonight that Kristin Morgan, our returning champion, had for the second time in three matches returned with a co-champion.

I\'m not sure if the J! archive will be too much help with the question I\'m asking (probably not, considering how spotty the early season stuff can be- although that\'s not anyone\'s fault, it\'s such an expansive project and kudos to the man for bringing it to the public), so I\'ll pose to you this. How many times in the 29 years that J! has been on the air has a returning champion been a co-champion on more than one of their days as champion (I can remember it happening one other time but I\'m not sure), and has someone done it more than twice?

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 05:39:06 AM »

I could be way off-base, but I could swear that a pair of co-champs won together two days in a row once.

Jay Temple

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:28:26 AM »

I don\'t know whether that happened, but I definitely remember a sequence like this:

Day 1: A and B are co-champions, C loses.

Day 2: B and D are co-champions, A loses.

I want to say that C was the defending champion. Either B or D was the sole winner on Day 3, and I think it was B.

Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.