Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are the GSN boards worthwhile?  (Read 25980 times)

Tim L

Are the GSN boards worthwhile?
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2005, 01:56:07 AM »
The only place I visit  the GSN boards is the Classic TV Board..And I only really post in the B@W Overnight thread..That particular thread seems to have the most coherent, interesting conversation about my biggest interest-Classic Game Shows.  The whining about Credit crunches does get tiresome and You wish some that complain so much would get a life..So I stay away from most other topics.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2005, 02:04:56 AM »
Think of Matt, Chris and David as Nanny Deb, Nanny Stella and Nanny Yvonne (but not necessarily in that order). There are parallels between the Game Show Forum and Nanny 911, believe me.

What's one of the first things Nanny does when she arrives at a new home? RULES! The Eligibility Requirements were very thoughtfully and carefully drafted before we opened up shop, and as much as feasible, members are expected to adhere to them. I firmly believe that is a major key to the success of this board.

Nowhere in the rules does it say we will sanction members for holiding a particular opinion or point of view. Nowhere does it say we will sanction members for being "stupid" or "annoying", because there is no objective standard for "stupid" or "annoying". What is "annoying" to one person might be "ho-hum" to another.

Some members generate a lot of heat and a lot of light, while some members generate more light than heat. It is the member who generates more heat than light who is most likely to hear from us. That said, it is a fine line which separates order on the board and the stifling of discussion.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 02:09:27 AM by chris319 »

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2005, 11:47:48 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 11:25 AM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 08:21 AM\'][quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 06:17 AM\']You neglected to mention that stalking [/quote]
I only skimmed it, and it looked scary as hell.  If I was Geoff, I'd ask for an immediate restraining order.
[snapback]92857[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not only is that scary as hell...but this person doesn't even have any talent.  She can't even write a freakin' sentence properly.
[snapback]92871[/snapback]
[/quote]

UPDATE

In an e-mail received sometime overnight, Passepartout wrote the following:

Thanks you are an retard too!

Shelby, did it ever occur to you that by saying this, you're calling yourself a retard?

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2005, 01:19:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 11:47 AM\']UPDATE

In an e-mail received sometime overnight, Passepartout wrote the following:

Thanks you are an retard too!

Shelby, did it ever occur to you that by saying this, you're calling yourself a retard?[/quote]
Steve (and anybody else who gets e-mails from Shelby),

Just ignore her.  She has more issues than TV Guide.  She's not willing to take the first step--admitting she has a problem.  Don't waste your time and effort with her.

I can't wait to hear from you tonight, Shel!

tvwxman

« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2005, 06:01:28 PM »
So, I was curious.

I had to see what crap Passepatoot was spewing on the GSN board about Geoff Edwards....so I searched for GEd....and found....

A 10 page fan fiction story about falling in love with Geoff. Ten Pages. Nursing him back to health. Holding his hand. Forbidden love.

Holy S#@&*(IT.

The worst part is , i'm not even sure it was passingtoots work. Which is even scarier, to know that there are two obsessive Geoff Edwards fans out there.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

aaron sica

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2005, 06:17:25 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 06:01 PM\']The worst part is , i'm not even sure it was passingtoots work. Which is even scarier, to know that there are two obsessive Geoff Edwards fans out there.
[snapback]93044[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, Matt, that would be her work.

Even sadder that GSN doesn't have any problems with that, because I couldn't read very far into it without my stomach turning. Let's hope Mr. Edwards never comes across it.

tvwxman

« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2005, 06:27:58 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 05:17 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 06:01 PM\']The worst part is , i'm not even sure it was passingtoots work. Which is even scarier, to know that there are two obsessive Geoff Edwards fans out there.
[snapback]93044[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, Matt, that would be her work.

Even sadder that GSN doesn't have any problems with that, because I couldn't read very far into it without my stomach turning. Let's hope Mr. Edwards never comes across it.
[snapback]93046[/snapback]
[/quote]

Knowing that they're one and the same, what's the appropiate response here.....

I feel.....better?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2005, 06:29:41 PM »
6. Harassment of Members

Harassment of board members via email or by any other means will be grounds for disciplinary action.

dzinkin

« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2005, 06:39:04 PM »
I believe that this has gone on far enough as well.