Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Hub picks up its first GS:  (Read 27240 times)

SwohS Emag

The Hub picks up its first GS:
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2010, 04:55:28 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'248372\' date=\'Sep 27 2010, 04:41 PM\']The Hub has updated their website with some photos of both FGN and Pictureka, and we have some timeslots...

Family Game Night (The Guesstures one looks good actually- they certainly aren't scrimping on set pieces...)

Pictureka (appears to be Weekdays at 4pm Eastern)

Also some Video of Pictureka..[/quote]

Also, Zap2It is showing that TLC will show a preview episode of Family Game Night on Saturday Oct 9 at 10am EDT.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2010, 06:32:42 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'248372\' date=\'Sep 27 2010, 03:41 PM\']The Hub has updated their website with some photos of both FGN and Pictureka, and we have some timeslots...

Family Game Night (The Guesstures one looks good actually- they certainly aren't scrimping on set pieces...)

Pictureka (appears to be Weekdays at 4pm Eastern)

Also some Video of Pictureka..[/quote]
I like what they're doing with Guesstures, holding the players in the deep spots instead of cards, ala Russian Roulette. Actually, that's really good.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

tpirfan28

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2010, 07:02:02 PM »
I am extremely impressed by the pictures and will be looking forward to these games.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

mmb5

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2010, 07:47:54 PM »
A local ad for FGN ran here tonight.  Definitely not doing this on the cheap.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

William_S.

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2010, 03:23:59 AM »
Pictureeka: Do we need an INYOURFACE-UPCLOSETOTHECAMERA! Singing with Guitar of the theme? I sure hope it's just a promo.
Other that that, it looks good.

/That's what I said about other things.....

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2010, 11:52:36 AM »
[quote name=\'William_S.\' post=\'248394\' date=\'Sep 28 2010, 02:23 AM\']Pictureeka: Do we need an INYOURFACE-UPCLOSETOTHECAMERA! Singing with Guitar of the theme? I sure hope it's just a promo.
Other that that, it looks good.[/quote]
I hope the closeups aren't a regular thing, but I think that is the actual theme, with the guitar player being a constant presence on the set. Not a big fan of that, but the game looks really fun. Who knows? Maybe Hub will convince Nickelodeon to put more eggs in their game show basket.

By the way, who is the host? I don't recognize him.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

tpirfan28

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2010, 07:26:15 PM »
My Comcast box is showing some data for The Hub into 10/10:

Family Game Night is airing at least on 10/10 at 7PM, repeating at midnight.  Hour long.  There are additional 1 hour slots open 7-8PM during the week, so I donno.  TLC indeed is airing a preview 10/9 at 10AM.
Fraggle Rock at 8:30AM, 1:30PM, 2:00PM.
Pictureka! seems to be a daily at 4:00PM.  Half hour.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

weaklink75

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2010, 08:33:13 PM »
I think FGN is supposed to be a weekly show- Sundays at 7PM is probably when they eps debut, but it'll probably be rerun thru the week...

Edit: Yeah- titantv.com had "Honey I Shrunk The Kids: The Series" from 7-8pm weedays...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:37:17 PM by weaklink75 »

golden-road

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
Where I live, Pictureka! airs at 2PM, against LMAD and a Feud double run. Anyone live in an area where Pictureka! competes?

weaklink75

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »
Looking at the FGN pictures and website, here's what they've adapted so far:

-Yahtzee

-Connect 4

-Operation

-Bop it

-Twister

-Boggle

-Guesstures

-Monopoly (look at the background of the Guesstures pic- they have a "Crazy Cash Corner", which has to do with a Monopoly Junior version in the UK that has an ATM spewing out money- I guess they'll release that version here eventually)

(as an aside, they have a game on the hubworld.com site that beings up an old GS reference- I'll let you find that one)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2010, 05:26:08 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'248465\' date=\'Sep 29 2010, 05:16 PM\']Looking at the FGN pictures and website, here's what they've adapted so far:[/quote]
Please be aware that the word "adapted" will be an understatement in most cases.  Anybody expecting to see a bunch of board game classics recreated faithfully will be more than a little disappointed, as well as being more than a little naive.  The famous brand names that Hasbro owns will be starting points for what, we can only hope, will be clever, fun and original TV games regardless of how much (or how little) they resemble their namesakes.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2010, 10:03:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'248466\' date=\'Sep 29 2010, 05:26 PM\']The famous brand names that Hasbro owns will be starting points for what, we can only hope, will be clever, fun and original TV games regardless of how much (or how little) they resemble their namesakes.[/quote]
I got a chance to visit the set during three of the games -- from what I've seen, even the ones that have had their home game rules altered to varying degrees made for fun television. I was surprised at how compelling a game of Connect Four could be.

J.R.

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2010, 10:08:40 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' post=\'248476\' date=\'Sep 29 2010, 09:03 PM\']I was surprised at how compelling a game of Connect Four could be.[/quote]
Can't wait for the celeb version.
-Joe Raygor

tpirfan28

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2010, 10:55:57 AM »
Preview episodes of shows on The Hub are available on Comcast On Demand (including the games).  Watching Family Game Night and I'm extremely impressed.  Burton Richardson is your announcer.  Five games are played plus a Guess Who fame game/toss up hybrid opening game.  The Monopoly ATM thing is for cash awards for winning the games.

A broadcast network should pick this up for a summer run as well.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:57:54 AM by tpirfan28 »

golden-road

« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2010, 02:25:41 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'248486\' date=\'Sep 30 2010, 10:55 AM\']Preview episodes of shows on The Hub are available on Comcast On Demand (including the games).  Watching Family Game Night and I'm extremely impressed.  Burton Richardson is your announcer.  Five games are played plus a Guess Who fame game/toss up hybrid opening game.  The Monopoly ATM thing is for cash awards for winning the games.

A broadcast network should pick this up for a summer run as well.[/quote]

Is there any kind of bonus round at the end?