Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Million Dollar Password taping  (Read 22098 times)

dale_grass

Million Dollar Password taping
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2008, 04:20:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'181517\' date=\'Mar 15 2008, 03:01 PM\']
What other perfectly reasonable clues are they disallowing because they're legal cheapskates / pussies?
[/quote]

Here's a brief list of disallowed clues:

12. Words that are used commonly in a vulgar or inappropriate manner (i.e. head, noggin, thrust, erect, etc.).

19. Words that may be deemed offensive or inappropriate to people of non-Anglo Saxon cultures (i.e. jolly, juke, etc.)

23. Words that are expressed with excessive facial expression (i.e., rolling eyes, arched eyebrows, etc.)

37. Words that, when printed and squinted at, can be mistaken for vulgarity (i.e. Clint, flick, 'Dillos, etc.).

51. Words that appear in Hitler's Mein Kampf (i.e. struggle, dream, worker, pizza, etc.).

77. Words that have been used in previous incarnations of Password.

78. Words commonly used in conjunction with "hella" (i.e., lame, fly, stupid, etc.)

85. Words that appear on even-numbered pages of the second edition of the Oxford English Dictionary.

TenPoundHammer

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2008, 04:21:22 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'181517\' date=\'Mar 15 2008, 04:01 PM\']What other perfectly reasonable clues are they disallowing because they're legal cheapskates / pussies?
[/quote]

Opposites? Oh wait... that's been done already.

Seriously, they could also say no to the trademark vocal inflection -- the increase in pitch/head tilt that indicates "opposiiiiiite...".

tvwxman

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2008, 05:23:02 PM »
[quote name=\'TenPoundHammer\' post=\'181524\' date=\'Mar 15 2008, 04:21 PM\']
Seriously, they could also say no to the trademark vocal inflection -- the increase in pitch/head tilt that indicates "opposiiiiiite...".
[/quote]
That's allowed and encouraged.  Too bad too many of the celebs / contestants couldn't think to use that in their clues.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2008, 05:37:52 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'181539\' date=\'Mar 15 2008, 02:23 PM\']
That's allowed and encouraged.  Too bad too many of the celebs / contestants couldn't think to use that in their clues.[/quote]
It would have to be. We disallow them most of the time when we play at our game nights, to make the game more challenging. Clearly, "more challenging" isn't a priority here.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dale_grass

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2008, 05:53:21 PM »
Not being able to think of specific examples at the moment, some words on Password Plus were near impossible without the use of vocal acrobatics (usually with words involving names).  I like the pure, straight-laced clue-giving myself.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2008, 08:56:10 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'181539\' date=\'Mar 15 2008, 05:23 PM\']
[quote name=\'TenPoundHammer\' post=\'181524\' date=\'Mar 15 2008, 04:21 PM\']
[/quote]
That's allowed and encouraged.  Too bad too many of the celebs / contestants couldn't think to use that in their clues.
[/quote]

Which is amazing, considering how they drilled that in the briefings.  (Perhaps the celebs didn't get the same Password 101.)
czambo@mac.com

Jay Temple

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2008, 03:20:47 AM »
I don't feel like starting another thread, but this thought occurred to me: The people behind the execution of $1MP and the ones behind DOND, 1v100 and a couple other shows should get together. The people behind $1MP could explain the benefits of a game that moves quickly, while the other group could explain that, contrary to some appearances, audiences' attention span still does exceed that of a gnat. If either side is even a little successful, at least one show out of the group would be greatly improved!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:21:05 AM by Jay Temple »
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

toddyo

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2008, 11:47:13 PM »
What? You mean there IS a purpose for the constipated phony pause that DOND and Lyrics and everything else directed by R. Brian.  Last time I look...I didn't see an EMMY category for best pause in the direction of a multi-camera, mutated video program.

They all need to watch the Ludden episode that ran yesterday, rushing everyone to get a game in before time ran out. Producers with stopwatches....what a concept! Maybe Bruce Burmeister should return to the Director's lecturn and teach these lads a few things!

Clay Zambo

« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2008, 12:03:30 PM »
[quote name=\'toddyo\' post=\'181721\' date=\'Mar 16 2008, 11:47 PM\']
They all need to watch the Ludden episode that ran yesterday, rushing everyone to get a game in before time ran out. Producers with stopwatches....what a concept! Maybe Bruce Burmeister should return to the Director's lecturn and teach these lads a few things!
[/quote]

You sure the director is at a lectern?  It's not a podium?  Or a desk?  ;)
czambo@mac.com

uncamark

« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2008, 02:56:55 PM »
And it's not the director's fault.  DiPirro calls "Lingo" and called "Whammy!", where at least everything ran at a good clip.  It's the producers (and the network weasels) who want all of the pregnant pauses.  And DiPirro (and Ron DeMoraes and Alan Carter and Don Weiner and Debbie Palacio and Michael Simon) gives it to them.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2008, 03:04:42 PM »
...lest we forget Mark Gentile and Bart Eskander.

/Whoops, excluding Bart who thankfully doesn't give a long pause for a reveal.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 03:07:22 PM by pianogeek »
-Sanford

joshg

« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2008, 05:21:55 PM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' post=\'181929\' date=\'Mar 19 2008, 12:04 PM\']
/Whoops, excluding Bart who thankfully doesn't give a long pause for a reveal.
[/quote]

Bart is lucky if he gets the reveal, let alone pausing for it.

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

Fedya

« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2008, 05:37:10 PM »
Bart is lucky if he gets the reveal, let alone pausing for it.
Isn't that what post-production is for?  ;-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post