Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vintage 1970 Game Show ad  (Read 2481 times)

Tim L

Vintage 1970 Game Show ad
« on: March 12, 2008, 05:25:17 PM »

I wanted to share a 1970 ad for then-ABC affiliate WKTR-16 Kettering-Dayton, Ohio but neither the image or link are coming up..I can't find a way to delete..Please delete the thread till I can figure this out

Edit:

Thanks Whammy Power and Mke K..WKTR-16 has an interesting history..first on-air in 1968 as one of several low budget Independent stations in Southwesterm Ohio..Then it snagged the ABC affiliation from WKEF-22 for a few years in the early 1970's..Now part of Dayton Public Television as WPTD-TV (with WPTO-14 Oxford, Oh.) The Shows are He Said She Said and the Movie Game..
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:18:25 PM by Tim L »

WhammyPower

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 05:54:19 PM »
Photobucket or ImageShack should solve yer problem.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 05:55:09 PM by WhammyPower »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 06:08:41 PM »
You can't display images.  Also, it needs to be a file somewhere besides your C: drive.  If you need help beyond Nick's offerings, let me know and I'll be glad to host the image.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 07:12:55 PM »
I don't know who did the recruiting for The Movie Game, but tons and tons of pretty big names (especially at the time) -- who weren't necessarily known for doing game shows -- were showing up on that one pretty routinely.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 12:21:16 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'181151\' date=\'Mar 12 2008, 07:12 PM\']
I don't know who did the recruiting for The Movie Game, but tons and tons of pretty big names (especially at the time) -- who weren't necessarily known for doing game shows -- were showing up on that one pretty routinely.
[/quote]
Theory...Army Archerd, the Voice of Hollywood and Friend to the Stars, was involved with the series in a "co-host" capacity. Army was writing arguably the most visible gossip column in the country at that point, and if you're an A-list celebrity, I imagine showing up for an hour or so to play a silly little TV game seemed like an easy way to stay in a gossip columnist's good graces.

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 03:39:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' post=\'181196\' date=\'Mar 12 2008, 11:21 PM\']
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'181151\' date=\'Mar 12 2008, 07:12 PM\']
[/quote]
Theory...Army Archerd, the Voice of Hollywood and Friend to the Stars, was involved with the series in a "co-host" capacity. Army was writing arguably the most visible gossip column in the country at that point, and if you're an A-list celebrity, I imagine showing up for an hour or so to play a silly little TV game seemed like an easy way to stay in a gossip columnist's good graces.
[/quote]

And by virtue of Archerd being in Daily Variety, everyone read him.  Even though he was never a nasty type, still I would agree with you that it was a good idea to show up at KTLA for a couple of hours, play the game, take the money and the gift bag and run.