Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Live  (Read 21807 times)

xavier45

GSN Live
« on: February 05, 2008, 09:40:06 PM »
During Feud at 9:00pm, GSN ran an ad for a new interactive program called "GSN Live". The commercial went by really fast, but here is what I saw.

The promo says the show will begin on February 25th at 12pm. It also says "The show is not ready yet", "Less Commercials", and "more prizes coming". From this I have a feeling that this could be interstitial programming that will be between shows commerical breaks.

That is really all I could see. If it is interstitial programming, I would not mind. To me, that is what Playmania should have always been.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:47:21 PM by xavier45 »

tyshaun1

GSN Live
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 10:48:55 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'177230\' date=\'Feb 5 2008, 09:40 PM\']
During Feud at 9:00pm, GSN ran an ad for a new interactive program called "GSN Live". The commercial went by really fast, but here is what I saw.

The promo says the show will begin on February 25th at 9am. It also says "Less Commercials". From this I have a feeling that this could be interstitial programming that will be between shows commerical breaks.

That is really all I could see. If it is interstitial programming, I would not mind. To me, that is what Playmania should have always been.
[/quote]

Almost sounds like a remake of the short-lived USA Live (which replaced all the remaining game shows), except with call-in and lose breaks. Am I not too far off?

Tyshaun

aaron sica

GSN Live
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 09:35:55 AM »
It almost makes me wonder if we'll be going back to the shows starting at 9:10, 9:40, 10:20, etc...Like "back in the day"..

/I used "back in the day" to describe GSN
//Someone shoot me

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
GSN Live
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 11:23:10 AM »
No kidding. We grew up wondering what it would be like to have an all-game show channel, and now there are people out there who can't remember a time when there *wasn't* one.

/And I sure never imagined I could easily go weeks without watching it
@lambertman

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
GSN Live
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »
I'm 22.  Not only can I remember a time when there wasn't GSN (as it came on my cable provider junior year of HS) I can remember a time when I didn't have a computer (elementary school; I used an electric WP/typewriter)

I feel old approximately 4 times a week.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 12:31:12 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
GSN Live
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 12:07:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'177287\' date=\'Feb 6 2008, 12:30 PM\']
I'm 22.  Not only can I remember a time when there wasn't GSN (as it came on my cable provider junior year of HS) I can remember a time when I didn't have a computer (elementary school; I used an electric WP/typewriter)

I feel old approximately 4 times a week.
[/quote]
I'm 18, and I remember waking up December 1, 1994 and seeing Password for the first time in my life.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

aaron sica

GSN Live
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 03:00:07 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'177339\' date=\'Feb 7 2008, 12:07 PM\']
I'm 18, and I remember waking up December 1, 1994 and seeing Password for the first time in my life.
[/quote]

You are one of the lucky ones...I didn't get to see GSN on a regular basis until about two years after that...

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
GSN Live
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 08:00:08 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'177355\' date=\'Feb 7 2008, 03:00 PM\']
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'177339\' date=\'Feb 7 2008, 12:07 PM\']
[/quote]

You are one of the lucky ones...I didn't get to see GSN on a regular basis until about two years after that...
[/quote]

That's still 10 years before me.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jumpondees

GSN Live
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 11:21:44 PM »
I saw this promo too today during the noon hour while on my lunch break @ work.  I can only imagine what the cryptic messages in the commercial mean.

My guess that the "Less Commercials" bit would be either:

A)  This GSN Live show is nothing more than a daytime re-tooling of Playmania with fewer commercials stop downs (Truthfully I thought Playmania had fewer commercials per hour than what they would run during whatever stock programming they had).

or

B)  GSN Live is a intersertial as previously mentioned with the "Less Commercials" being the replacement of two to four commercial breaks per hour with the GSN Live segments being sponsored by (INSERT RANDOM PRODUCT OR SERVICE NAME HERE) so that GSN can make up the commercial revenue with sponsor driven segments.

I'm hoping for intersertials.  Since GSN is really the only "Decent" entertainment based channel we're allowed to have in our break room at work, I kinda look forward to getting to watch Super Password while I'm eating my lunch.

Johnissoevil

GSN Live
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 11:16:27 AM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'177283\' date=\'Feb 6 2008, 11:23 AM\']
No kidding. We grew up wondering what it would be like to have an all-game show channel, and now there are people out there who can't remember a time when there *wasn't* one.

/And I sure never imagined I could easily go weeks without watching it
[/quote]

Or those who can't remember a time when there were no game show reruns on cable at all.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

chad1m

GSN Live
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »
Here's a complete transcription of the commercial, nothing but black text on the "GSN blue/green" background:

It's new... It's live...
...so there's no show - yet.
- but trust us with less commercials, more gameplay, and great prizes...
you're gonna love it.
GSNlive
premiering february 25 - noon eastern / 9 pacific

xavier45

GSN Live
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 12:07:02 AM »
If you were worried about this show, I would not be anymore. http://buzzerblog.com/ has more info on it!

tyshaun1

GSN Live
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 12:19:11 AM »
It indeed is a revival of USA Live, just themed around game shows. Sounds good...... I wonder if they're gonna cut one of the shows from the Noon-3 block?

Tyshaun

Vahan_Nisanian

GSN Live
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 12:32:02 AM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' post=\'177627\' date=\'Feb 12 2008, 12:19 AM\']
It indeed is a revival of USA Live, just themed around game shows. Sounds good...... I wonder if they're gonna cut one of the shows from the Noon-3 block?

Tyshaun
[/quote]

I don't think they will. If I'm right, I believe both west coast and east coast will have the same shows; it's just that east coast viewers will have Super Password, Family Feud, Match Game, Card Sharks, Jeopardy, and Password Plus from 12PM-3PM, while west coast viewers will have the same shows, but from 9AM-12PM.

Craig Karlberg

GSN Live
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 03:29:45 AM »
This is what GSN SHOULD'VE done instead of the dreck that was Playmania.  It sounds like a good idea whose time has come even before Playmania was even considered.  If only I had GSN on my regular analog lineup before it disappeared on me without warning last summer(thanks alot Comcast!).