Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How's your fall schedule stacking up?  (Read 72804 times)

BrandonFG

How's your fall schedule stacking up?
« on: August 13, 2007, 04:40:12 PM »
In Norfolk, viewers get at least a good four-hour block of games.......
  • 11 am: Price on WTKR
  • 12 noon: double run of Temptation on WTVZ
  • 1 pm: double run of Feud on WTVZ
  • 2 pm: double run of Crosswords on WAVY, replacing the soon-departed Passions, which moves to DirecTV. I think this makes WAVY's first syndie game show in almost 20 years, when they aired Davidson's Squares...does Kwik Wits count as a game show?
  • nothing at 3 pm
  • 4 pm: single run of Millionaire, with TMZ airing at 4:30. They might air a second episode in the 10 am hour.
  • 7-8 pm: Wheel and Jeopardy! remain in their respective slots, which they've held for 23 years.
I'm loving what I see...if I were a kid, I'd never go outside the house with this kind of schedule. I like WTVZ's option to air Temptation and Feud back-to-back. And with the former at noon, I have some motivation to go to the gym. :-P

ETA: could a mod replace "syndie" with "fall" in the title, please and thanks?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 07:08:39 PM by dzinkin »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvmitch

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 05:16:34 PM »
Harrisburg/Lancaster/Lebanon/York Market:

10am: double-run of Millionaire on WHP (this I don't know for a fact, but I don't see them moving it anywhere else, and most of us in the market get WPVI from Philly, which will probably run a single of Millionaire at 12:30pm)
11am: "TNPiR" on WHP
12pm: double-run of Temptation on WPMT
1pm: double-run of Crosswords on WPMT
2pm: double-run of Feud on WPMT (I feel a few sick days coming up)
7-8pm: Wheel and J! on WHP, in that order, the way it's been for 21 years

I couldn't have been happier with the way clearances turned out in our market...I was afraid that a lot of the shows might end up on our CW affiliate, WLYH, which has a terrible signal OTA or on cable. (Even their digital/HD feed on the upper channels of our Comcast lineup is dreadful.)
You should follow me on Twitter

chad1m

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 05:22:58 PM »
The Price is Right at 11:00 am on WNEM 5.
Family Feud at 12:00 pm on WEYI 25.
Millionaire at 12:30 pm on WJRT 12.
Temptation will be at 1:00 pm on WNEM-DT2 (My 5). EDIT: A repeat episode airs at 2:05 am on WNEM 5.
Crosswords at 1:30 pm on WNEM-DT2 (My 5)
Jeopardy! at 7:00 on WNEM 5.
Wheel of Fortune at 7:30 on WNEM 5.

Unfortunately, the digital station carrying Tempation and is not received by me on DirecTV. Also, as far as I know, no station in the Flint/Saginaw/Bay City market has been announced as carrying Crosswords. As newly indicated above, Crosswords will follow Temptation, airing at 1:30 pm. No apparent WNEM encore, however.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 08:22:17 PM by chad1m »

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 05:33:50 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'160453\' date=\'Aug 13 2007, 05:16 PM\']
Harrisburg/Lancaster/Lebanon/York Market:

10am: double-run of Millionaire on WHP (this I don't know for a fact, but I don't see them moving it anywhere else, and most of us in the market get WPVI from Philly, which will probably run a single of Millionaire at 12:30pm)
[/quote]

I don't see it going anywhere either......While I'm curious to see what will take the 9am-10am slot (now occupied by Keith Ablow, whose talk show did not get renewed), I doubt WWTBAM will move to that hour slot. 4pm is Ellen, who is probably not going anywhere, as well as the 5pm-6:30pm local news block.

Count me as one who doesn't get WPVI...Being in basically the same system as the city from where the networks are, I have one of each affiliate with the exception of MY - we have WPHL from Philly and "My TwentyOne.2" which is a digital subchannel of WHP-TV that they have on the digital cable.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 10:47:29 PM »
I know that Price, Millionaire, Wheel, and Jeopardy! are gonna keep their slots in NYC (11 AM on WCBS, 12:30 PM on WABC, 6:30 and 7:30 on WLNY and WABC, 6 and 7 on the same channels).

Didn't somebody say Crosswords was being slotted at 4 PM on WNBC? Would make sense, considering Ellen is moving opposite DCPIR.

I don't know about Feud...would assume it stays on WWOR in the 3 PM slot in the double run.

Temptation is also gonna be on Channel 9, don't know where yet (so the channel can claim, if it wanted to, that it aired two syndicated versions of Sale of the Century...WOR had the original show before it moved over to WABC in mid-afternoons with Jeopardy!).

Can anybody confirm the fate of Crosswords, Feud, and Temptation in NYC?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:48:55 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 11:14:32 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'160466\' date=\'Aug 13 2007, 10:47 PM\']
Didn't somebody say Crosswords was being slotted at 4 PM on WNBC? Would make sense, considering Ellen is moving opposite DCPIR.
[/quote]
The reporter on the Ty Treadway interview I posted says 4 and 4:30, WNBC.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BobbyLankford_83

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 01:29:30 AM »
Unfortunately, the station carrying Tempation is not received by me on Dish Network. Also, as far as I know, no station in the Flint/Saginaw/Bay City market has been announced as carrying Crosswords.
[/quote]

Chad, if you had a local antenna you could get WDIV TV 4 Detroit and/or WILX TV 10 Lansing ,both NBC affiliates which will air Crosswords this fall. It's a shame that neither Dish nor Direct TV will let you have all receivable stations in your community,including nearby markets,like with a regular antenna. Dish and Direct will only let you havr the market you are in Flint-Saginaw-Bay City,not Detroit and or Lansing.

dzinkin

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 06:09:32 AM »
[quote name=\'BobbyLankford_83\' post=\'160488\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 01:29 AM\']
Chad, if you had a local antenna you could get WDIV TV 4 Detroit and/or WILX TV 10 Lansing ,both NBC affiliates which will air Crosswords this fall. It's a shame that neither Dish nor Direct TV will let you have all receivable stations in your community,including nearby markets,like with a regular antenna. Dish and Direct will only let you havr the market you are in Flint-Saginaw-Bay City,not Detroit and or Lansing.
[/quote]
It's not Dish or DirecTV that won't let him have any station he can get by antenna, it's this little thing called "the law."  There are very strict rules on bringing in stations from outside the market.

catkins522

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 07:29:59 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'160506\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 06:09 AM\']
[quote name=\'BobbyLankford_83\' post=\'160488\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 01:29 AM\']
[/quote]
It's not Dish or DirecTV that won't let him have any station he can get by antenna, it's this little thing called "the law."  There are very strict rules on bringing in stations from outside the market.
[/quote]

Although, if he was going to pay appox. $10, you can get the "Superstations" from NYC, Denver, LA, and few more channels.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

dzinkin

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 07:55:06 AM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' post=\'160508\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 07:29 AM\']
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'160506\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 06:09 AM\']
[/quote]
Although, if he was going to pay appox. $10, you can get the "Superstations" from NYC, Denver, LA, and few more channels.
[/quote]
Not the same situation, or the same rule -- otherwise I'd like to see the "regular antenna" that would let Chad pull in, say, KTLA from the Flint-Saginaw-Bay City market.  (I know at least a few of us who'd be ordering one right about now. :-)

But yeah, picking up WWOR would get Chad Temptation, at least -- and if that's all he wants he can even pick that up alone, without buying the whole superstations package.  Of course, that assumes that WNEM doesn't invoke syndex, as some MNTV affiliates have done to block WWOR from their markets (and some CW affiliates do with KTLA, WPIX and KWGN).

WhammyPower

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 08:16:05 AM »
Unless something's changed, here's what the schedule looks like:

Millionaire, 4:00pm, CBS 58
Family Feud, 4:30pm, CBS 58
Jeopardy!, 6:00pm, CBS 58
Wheel of Fortune, 6:30pm, CBS 58
Crosswords, 8:30pm, WMLW 41 (owned by... you guessed it, CBS 58)
Temptation is unknown at this point, but, IIRC, it's airing on the MyNetwork affil.

Crosswords in primetime should be interesting...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:16:32 AM by WhammyPower »

colonial

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 10:36:28 AM »
Big news in game show scheduling here in Atlanta, where Wheel and Jeopardy move from Gannett-owned WXIA (NBC aff) to Gannett-owned WATL (MyNet).

For the last four years, J! aired at 4:30p, with Wheel at 7:30p (WXIA airs local news at 7p).  Recent ratings showed Wheel neck-and-neck with ET on WSB (ABC) at 7:30p, but Jeopardy running third behind Oprah on WSB and Divorce Court on the Fox affiliate.

Wheel and J! will now run from 7-8p on WATL, bumping Simpsons reruns to 11p-midnight.  WXIA will air The Insider at 7:30p (currently airs overnight on WSB).

Millionaire, which currently airs at 4p (current season) and 12:30p (previous season) on WXIA, will move to a one-hour block at 4p on WXIA this fall.  Not sure which episode will be the current season.

WXIA plans on airing Merv Griffin's Crosswords at 12:30p.

AFAIK, Family Feud will continue airing a double-run from 1-2p on WATL.

No word yet on Temptation.

James

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 11:03:38 AM »
[quote name=\'colonial\' post=\'160528\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 09:36 AM\'] Big news in game show scheduling here in Atlanta, where Wheel and Jeopardy move from Gannett-owned WXIA (NBC aff) to Gannett-owned WATL (MyNet).
[/quote]

Wheel and J! leaving 11?  Wouldn't have seen that coming.  Generally stations that own *any* of the top shows in syndication (Wheel, J!, Oprah, et al) bust their asses to keep them once they have them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 11:04:14 AM by Seth Thrasher »

TV Favorites

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »
It's looking sad for the new shows (Temptation and Crosswords) in my area.  I've contacted all five of the broadcast stations in my area and three have told me that they will not be airing either show.  The other two affiliates don't seem like likely candidates to be carrying the shows either, but there's always hope.

Oh, well, that's what torrents and trading are for.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 11:25:20 AM »
For Cleveland...

WEWS:  Wheel at 7 PM, Jeopardy! at 7:30 PM; the way it's been for 23 years.
WOIO:  Family Feud at 9 AM, Temptation at 9:30 AM, Family Feud at 10 AM, Merv Griffin's Crosswords at 10:30 AM, Millionaire at 7 PM