Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Updated Game Show Saturday Night  (Read 19216 times)

snowpeck

Updated Game Show Saturday Night
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 04:18:41 AM »
According to Zap2it, the April 7th marathon is Now You See It.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 10:06:54 AM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'148683\' date=\'Mar 20 2007, 03:18 AM\']
[/quote]
Damn...the last time I remember this airing on GSN was sometime back around 2000, when it aired for two weekends before being replaced by Click.

I'll try to catch this one.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

tvmitch

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 10:39:27 AM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'148683\' date=\'Mar 20 2007, 03:18 AM\']
[/quote]
Very welcome news. We very much enjoy NYSI. Seems to me that NYSI might be a logical weekend 9am morning replacement for Child's Play, whenever GSN wants to pull that off the sked...but not too quickly, as I'd like to get a couple more Turnabout bonus episodes on tape. Any word on when those will start?
You should follow me on Twitter

xavier45

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 11:45:04 AM »
GSN is really making me love them. Double Dare'76 and another great in Now You See It. This should be another great marathon. The version of "Game Show Saturday Night" beats 2005's by a long shot. These are real classics we are seeing this time. Thanks GSN!

PYLW

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 01:56:52 PM »
That is AWESOME! Unbelieveable! With the Double Dare marathon coming up as well, this is just fantastic. :)

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 02:13:04 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'148689\' date=\'Mar 20 2007, 10:39 AM\']
Very welcome news. We very much enjoy NYSI. Seems to me that NYSI might be a logical weekend 9am morning replacement for Child's Play, whenever GSN wants to pull that off the sked...but not too quickly, as I'd like to get a couple more Turnabout bonus episodes on tape. Any word on when those will start?
[/quote]

Assuming no skipped episodes, and assuming it stays on weekends and not moved to weekdays, it's going to be about one year before we see the Turnabout end game.

PYLW

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'148689\' date=\'Mar 20 2007, 10:39 AM\'] [quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'148683\' date=\'Mar 20 2007, 03:18 AM\']
[/quote]
Very welcome news. We very much enjoy NYSI. Seems to me that NYSI might be a logical weekend 9am morning replacement for Child's Play, whenever GSN wants to pull that off the sked...but not too quickly, as I'd like to get a couple more Turnabout bonus episodes on tape. Any word on when those will start? [/quote]

I personally feel Now You See It would do fine in weekend Blockbusters' current spot. Either that or Bergeron's Hollywood Squares.

irismason42

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 02:39:28 PM »
Refresh our memories a little bit, when Child's Play was seen as a full length episode during the As Seen On Theatre hour during ASO's second season, not even 1 episode that ASOT showed featured the Turnabout end game this was followed by the Get Rich Quick unsold pilot and Modor, regarding NYSI, you mean 1999, not 2000 now with the NYSI Saturday Night block coming, we may see some pre-August 1974 shows where it had the long opening and the contestants who make it to the Finals receives nothing except to take on the previous episode's champion or if it's the Solo Game win, it'll be the runner-up from the previous Finals round.

tpirfan28

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 04:04:31 PM »
Nice to see NYSI on the marathon schedule.  I now have easier access to GSN...might consider taping it.

[quote name=\'irismason42\' post=\'148701\' date=\'Mar 20 2007, 02:39 PM\']
Refresh our memories a little bit, when Child's Play was seen as a full length episode during the As Seen On Theatre hour during ASO's second season, not even 1 episode that ASOT showed featured the Turnabout end game this was followed by the Get Rich Quick unsold pilot and Modor, regarding NYSI, you mean 1999, not 2000 now with the NYSI Saturday Night block coming, we may see some pre-August 1974 shows where it had the long opening and the contestants who make it to the Finals receives nothing except to take on the previous episode's champion or if it's the Solo Game win, it'll be the runner-up from the previous Finals round.
[/quote]

I *must* finish work on my witty "Blackout" button Photoshop....
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

game show guy

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 04:12:43 PM »
VERY nice GSN, and i mean VERY nice. Wow, we have so many good things coming our way for GSN. the Double Dare Marathon, this Saturday, the Press Your Luck Marathon, Next Saturday, Now You See It, Then 100,000 Pyramid after that, and so on. I am pleased that GSN is giving these short lived shows, (Double Dare) and (Now You See It), Prime time airings.

Also, Now You See It must have done well in the overnight slot in January, cause now we get to see a FULL 4 episodes. Maybe they will show Rosemary's big win. Whatever they show, I'm happy. That airing of Now You See It in January, was the FIRST time i have seen the show, and i fell in love with it. It has great play along factor, great host, players, music, etc...

In addition, we still need to find out what GSN will be airing on Saturday April 28.

Bold Prediction: I believe they will air tattletale's. Why you ask? Its simple, because it has shown up in recent marathons, Christmas, and 50 Game Shows, and its a Goodson/Toddman show, which means GSN can just go right ahead and play it. Unlike those sony shows, Tic Tac Dough, The Jokers Wild, etc... But, who knows, they may show TTD or TJW. They shocked us with Double Dare and Now You See It, they can do it again.

One more thing before i have to go. I believe that the next Major Schedule change on GSN (hopefully summer cause i many others will be off school), they will put Double Dare and Now You See It somewere on the weekday, or most likely weekend schedule. I mean, if they are giving these shows overnight airings, and then a FULL 2hr. marathon, they should return to the lineup, IMO.

Alright, i'm done. once again, Thanks GSN!!! The best network for Game Shows!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2007, 04:44:35 PM »
I must move soon to someplace which has GSN on its basic tier.  For their occasional foibles, GSN makes it up by unearthing some true gems once in a while.

[quote name=\'irismason42\' post=\'148701\' date=\'Mar 20 2007, 02:39 PM\']and Modor, regarding NYSI, you mean 1999, not 2000 [/quote]
In Mark's defense, he said "around 2000".  The last time I checked, 1999 is indeed around 2000.

Trying to navigate through the Iris-babble to quote a portion of a post is like playing a twisted game of Now You See It.

tomobrien

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2007, 05:06:06 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'148711\' date=\'Mar 20 2007, 03:44 PM\']
Trying to navigate through the Iris-babble to quote a portion of a post is like playing a twisted game of Now You See It. [/quote]
No, there's a difference. Now You See It used English words.

dzinkin

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2007, 07:33:03 PM »
[quote name=\'tomobrien\' post=\'148715\' date=\'Mar 20 2007, 05:06 PM\']
Trying to navigate through the Iris-babble to quote a portion of a post is like playing a twisted game of Now You See It. [/quote]
[/quote]
There's less of a difference than you think.  A typical Iris post has only slightly more punctuation than a Now You See It board.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 07:33:28 PM by dzinkin »

tpirfan28

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2007, 07:40:19 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'148709\' date=\'Mar 20 2007, 04:12 PM\']
Bold Prediction: I believe they will air tattletale's. Why you ask? Its simple, because it has shown up in recent marathons, Christmas, and 50 Game Shows, and its a Goodson/Toddman show, which means GSN can just go right ahead and play it. Unlike those sony shows, Tic Tac Dough, The Jokers Wild, etc... But, who knows, they may show TTD or TJW. They shocked us with Double Dare and Now You See It, they can do it again.
[/quote]
The only way I'd get complete "shock" from GSN is if they knocked a zero off the $100K Pyramid...and about 12 years or so. :)

Speaking of...does GSN still have rights to the $10K Pyramid?  Or is that negotiated differently from the $100K packages?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 07:40:34 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Jay Temple

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2007, 11:45:28 PM »
[quote name=\'tomobrien\' post=\'148715\' date=\'Mar 20 2007, 04:06 PM\']
[/quote]
Not always. I recall seeing a Russian word on the board once, which stood out because they reversed an N to make a letter of the Cyrillic alphabet. (Pretty cool, actually.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.