Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Narz 'Concentration'  (Read 13659 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Narz 'Concentration'
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2006, 04:19:37 PM »
I've got a couple of cues that include trumpet (or, probably, flugelhorn) and flute.
During the entire run I don't recall hearing a Concentration cue with those instruments unless it was imported from another show. Mr. Mackey?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Narz 'Concentration'
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2006, 04:45:03 PM »
Spaking of, I forget, do we know of an in-the-clear MP3 source of the theme? (Contact me off-list if you do, if you think posting here might be a rules violation.) I just realized I don't have that on my iPod.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

VenusAndNarz

Narz 'Concentration'
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 08:42:45 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Feb 23 2006, 07:32 AM\'][quote name=\'VenusAndNarz\' date=\'Feb 22 2006, 09:25 PM\']I'm a novice here.  Not sure what I'm doing, but here goes...

I was a contestant on the syndicated/Narz version of Concentration. ...Any chance andyone could direct me as to where I might be able to find or see the episode?  (I won a ton of prizes, but missed out on the Ford Fiesta twice…)
[snapback]110943[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm sure you'll fit in just fine, and sadly Matt covered the bad news. The good news is that you didn't win the Ford Fiesta. My mom used to have one of those, and trust me, you really did come out a winner. :) Were most of the prizes that you won the fee plug stuff like small appliances and product placement stuff, or the bigger things like furniture and so on?
[snapback]110976[/snapback]
[/quote]

I won a queen-size sofa bed (my 89-yr-old mom still has it in her living room); a fridge; silverware for 12; a chain saw; 12 pair of sunglasses, a KitchenAid mixer with all the accoutrements;
The prizes could not be awarded/delivered until the show aired, which was about 6 or 7 months later.  I sold most of it to finance a move to New York

I lost the last Ford Fiesta rebus that read, “Benny Goodman played the clarinet.”  At age 23, I had no clue as to what Benny Goodman played…

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Narz 'Concentration'
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 09:43:01 PM »
[quote name=\'VenusAndNarz\' date=\'Feb 24 2006, 08:42 PM\']12 pair of sunglasses
[/quote]
What the hell are you supposed to do with 12 pairs of sunglasses.

Man, I'd rather have Dessert of the Month...
--Mark
Phil 4:13

VenusAndNarz

Narz 'Concentration'
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2006, 04:33:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 24 2006, 06:43 PM\'][quote name=\'VenusAndNarz\' date=\'Feb 24 2006, 08:42 PM\']12 pair of sunglasses
[/quote]
What the hell are you supposed to do with 12 pairs of sunglasses.

Man, I'd rather have Dessert of the Month...
[snapback]111183[/snapback]
[/quote]

Me and 11 of my best friends were looking very cool back then...

alfonzos

Narz 'Concentration'
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2006, 05:04:04 PM »
I lost the last Ford Fiesta rebus that read, “Benny Goodman played the clarinet.”  At age 23, I had no clue as to what Benny Goodman played…
[snapback]111177[/snapback]

That used to make me angry: sometimes rebus puzzle on Double Play was a statement of fact not a familiar phrase, book title, etc. I guess, as long as there is no deception on the part of the production company it's legal. *sigh*
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Narz 'Concentration'
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2006, 07:56:27 PM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' date=\'Feb 27 2006, 02:04 PM\']That used to make me angry: sometimes rebus puzzle on Double Play was a statement of fact not a familiar phrase, book title, etc.
[/quote]
That would be the "or something you know" part of "The rebus solution can be a familiar phrase, a person's name, the title of something, or something you know."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve McClellan

Narz 'Concentration'
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2006, 08:30:59 PM »
[quote name=\'VenusAndNarz\' date=\'Feb 24 2006, 05:42 PM\']I lost the last Ford Fiesta rebus that read, “Benny Goodman played the clarinet.”  At age 23, I had no clue as to what Benny Goodman played…[/quote]
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 27 2006, 04:56 PM\']That would be the "or something you know" part of "The rebus solution can be a familiar phrase, a person's name, the title of something, or something you know."
[/quote]
...or something you don't know...

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Narz 'Concentration'
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 05:37:18 AM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' date=\'Feb 27 2006, 05:04 PM\']That used to make me angry: sometimes rebus puzzle on Double Play was a statement of fact not a familiar phrase, book title, etc. [/quote]
Did you happen to replace your TV after viewing?

I guess I don't understand why things like this make people "angry".  This isn't intended to be derogatory towards the contestant, but he had a gap in his knowledge.

Would you have been as upset if someone hadn't heard of a certain movie? (I, for one, would be screwed if that's what the rebus was).
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Clay Zambo

Narz 'Concentration'
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 08:32:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 05:37 AM\']I guess I don't understand why things like this make people "angry".  This isn't intended to be derogatory towards the contestant, but he had a gap in his knowledge.

Would you have been as upset if someone hadn't heard of a certain movie? (I, for one, would be screwed if that's what the rebus was).
[snapback]111525[/snapback]
[/quote]

Honestly.  I'd be much madder (at myself) if the puzzle were something I "knew" but just couldn't come up with.  A question I'd never heard of?  No call for shame or anger there.
czambo@mac.com

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Narz 'Concentration'
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2006, 10:59:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\']I guess I don't understand why things like this make people "angry".  [/quote] Maybe it's not a lasting anger, something that just ticks you off, and you move on. I'm a bit sad when someone misses one of the first five on Millionaire, I was happy for the guy who won on Deal last night...and so on.

If a game show isn't getting you to emote ("C'mon, there's only the $300 box left! Surely you can win the $100,000!") then either you need to check your pulse, or more than likely, the producer of the show needs to fix things.

This isn't intended to be derogatory towards the contestant, but he had a gap in his knowledge.
As did I. I was unaware that Mr. Goodman even played an instrument, much less could I name a song of his. I'm not going to point and laugh at someone for a miss like that.

[snapback]111525[/snapback]
Then if you want to go on Concentration 2006, I would suggest picking up Roger Ebert's Movie Encyclopedia. :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:00:33 AM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle