Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bert's Family Feud  (Read 12240 times)

Brandon Brooks

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2006, 05:54:23 PM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Feb 25 2006, 01:45 PM\']He seemed pretty comfortable to me. The "these four are all Puffs" comment was a bit shocking though. I guess the PC police aren't as strong down under. ;)

Agreed...SUPER cool set and the twist in Fast Money is kinda fun!

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com
[snapback]111236[/snapback]
[/quote]
You've been away for a while.  Welcome!

Brandon Brooks

ITSBRY

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2006, 07:00:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Feb 25 2006, 05:54 PM\'][You've been away for a while.  Welcome!

Brandon Brooks
[snapback]111256[/snapback]
[/quote]

Brandon...a sincere "thank you" for that! Truly.

I read the board from time to time, but frankly all the bickering and downright rudeness that seems to find its way into many threads just got old and I stopped visiting for awhile.

Anywho, I'm still around and your kind word is a reminder to me that the good folks who just wish to bask in our game show geekiness together are still around! ;-D

Cheers!
-Bryan

ChuckNet

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2006, 12:08:10 AM »
Count me among those impressed by the new Oz FF...maybe Bert would like to become the first Aussie host to commute across the Pacific to do 2 versions, if you know what I mean. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Overly-Optimistic "Chuckie Baby")

uncamark

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2006, 04:01:38 PM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Feb 25 2006, 12:45 PM\']He seemed pretty comfortable to me. The "these four are all Puffs" comment was a bit shocking though. I guess the PC police aren't as strong down under. ;)
[snapback]111236[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have the feeling he might've actually said "poofs," as in "poofsters."  Rules 1, 3, 5 and 7 of the Philosophy Department of the University of Woomaloo in the Monty Python sketch:  "No poofsters!"

"This here's the wattle, the emblem of our land. You can stick it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand."  AI-MEN!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2006, 07:52:52 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 27 2006, 01:01 PM\']I have the feeling he might've actually said "poofs," as in "poofsters."  Rules 1, 3, 5 and 7 of the Philosophy Department of the University of Woomaloo in the Monty Python sketch:  "No poofsters!"
[/quote]
I always though it was "poofters", not pluralized, but "poofs" would still be a reasonable abbreviation for that. :)

/g'day, Bruce
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brig Bother

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2006, 07:59:54 PM »
You're certainly right about its modern usage, I can't speak for Python.