Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bert's Family Feud  (Read 12243 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2006, 01:41:09 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Feb 15 2006, 04:33 AM\']I liked the joke he said at the begining about Nine Losing thier balls, I havent seen Nine now for about 4 months so when did they rebrand?
[snapback]110209[/snapback]
[/quote]
According to the stuff I found on Wikipedia, it happened just after the first of the year.

(Incidentally, Wikipedia is a great source to find out about foreign television networks. Not knocking Remlap for not checking there, I just found them to be interesting reads when I was looking myself the last couple days and thought I would point them out for everyone else.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

remlap

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2006, 02:18:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 15 2006, 07:41 PM\'][quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Feb 15 2006, 04:33 AM\']I liked the joke he said at the begining about Nine Losing thier balls, I havent seen Nine now for about 4 months so when did they rebrand?
[snapback]110209[/snapback]
[/quote]
According to the stuff I found on Wikipedia, it happened just after the first of the year.

(Incidentally, Wikipedia is a great source to find out about foreign television networks. Not knocking Remlap for not checking there, I just found them to be interesting reads when I was looking myself the last couple days and thought I would point them out for everyone else.)
[snapback]110228[/snapback]
[/quote]

Clemon I did exactly that after I posted, I thought to myself hmm maybe Wikipedia mentions it, and they did.

Then checked out the link on their showing the new regional indents for the Nine afflaited stations.

I think its a stupid move, wonder if PRIME in New Zealand droped the balls yet.

Edit - Yeah they have dropped thier Nine like ball to.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 02:20:03 PM by remlap »

FOXSportsFan

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2006, 04:24:43 PM »
I like the top answer jackpot idea in Fast Money...it keeps the end game a bit more fresh and makes the person who goes first have some more significance which is good.

tvwxman

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2006, 06:21:36 PM »
I agree with most of you in that it is LEAPS better than ours. And after just one show! Take notes, Karn.

However, I'm not that crazy over Bert. I think the show needs someone with a little more energy. Pownster, what's his background on AM tv? A comfortable presence , or someone with a real funny streak in him? Because as great as the set is (and it is a GREAT set and graphics), I can't help but wonder if 9 is going to end up with demographics that skew WAY too old with him at the helm?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Brig Bother

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2006, 07:22:37 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Feb 15 2006, 09:24 PM\']I like the top answer jackpot idea in Fast Money...it keeps the end game a bit more fresh and makes the person who goes first have some more significance which is good.
[snapback]110239[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't know, I think there's something not quite right about it - if someone gets five top answers off the bat, it's extremely unlikely that the other person isn't going to put it over the 200 barrier, which makes the second part of a two part round rather anticlimactic.

So... what if they did it in reverse? First bloke gets 0 top answers, they win $100,000 if they win.

FOXSportsFan

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2006, 07:46:06 PM »
Getting all 5 top answers seldom happens, and I would say, thus merits said reward.  Not easy to do that with lights, cameras, and merely 20 seconds to play with.

clemon79

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2006, 08:07:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Feb 15 2006, 04:22 PM\']So... what if they did it in reverse? First bloke gets 0 top answers, they win $100,000 if they win.
[snapback]110257[/snapback]
[/quote]
Rewards tanking. Interesting strategically, would completely befuddle most viewers.

Brandon Brooks

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2006, 08:11:28 PM »
I've alluded to it before, but damn that show looks slick.  To be honest, IMO the majority  of American game shows look, for lack of a better term, stupid:  

Our FF set looks like pure-dee shite. I really like what WOF does, but I really have never liked theme weeks and ever changing sets.  TPiR looks--dare I say--rather non-evolutionary.  J! looks like hell.  DoND looks nice and I think it fits the show, but it seems like the exception and not the rule.  I honestly think that even with lower production values.  Britain is a mixed bag, but I think Australia does it the best (though their new WOF set looks slightly cheaper than ours).  Does anyone agree with this sentiment?

Brandon Brooks

Brig Bother

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2006, 08:16:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Feb 16 2006, 01:11 AM\']but I think Australia does it the best (though their new WOF set looks slightly cheaper than ours).  Does anyone agree with this sentiment?
[snapback]110263[/snapback]
[/quote]

Absolutely yes, I've mentioned this before too. It's surprising because of the relative lack of viewers, I think.

FOXSportsFan

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2006, 08:30:50 PM »
Brandon, you're spot on.  The sets and in many cases the gameplay seem to be a little better down under.  And, many of the models down under...well...they make great motivational material when I have to provide my sample of Ode de Jimmers at the doctor's office.

Brig Bother

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2006, 08:36:32 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 16 2006, 01:07 AM\'][quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Feb 15 2006, 04:22 PM\']So... what if they did it in reverse? First bloke gets 0 top answers, they win $100,000 if they win.
[snapback]110257[/snapback]
[/quote]
Rewards tanking. Interesting strategically, would completely befuddle most viewers.
[snapback]110262[/snapback]
[/quote]

Then why not... reveal how many top answers the first person got at the end then? The climax goes at the end, that's what a climax is.

FOXSportsFan

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2006, 08:40:39 PM »
You could counteract things by picking surveys in which the top answer yields somewhere between 25-30 points tops.  While it leaves a so so shot, it doesn't guarantee that the money will be theirs.

pownster

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2006, 08:45:56 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Feb 15 2006, 06:21 PM\']I agree with most of you in that it is LEAPS better than ours. And after just one show! Take notes, Karn.

However, I'm not that crazy over Bert. I think the show needs someone with a little more energy. Pownster, what's his background on AM tv? A comfortable presence , or someone with a real funny streak in him? Because as great as the set is (and it is a GREAT set and graphics), I can't help but wonder if 9 is going to end up with demographics that skew WAY too old with him at the helm?
[snapback]110246[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's interesting about your observations of Bert. Funny enough - Bert is gathering a large following amongst YOUNGER viewers - who are attracted by his style of humour. This only adds to the existing old demographic who have known him from over 49 years on TV. It's his combined warmth and humour that Nine is counting on to conteract the brash, over-the-top performances of Andrew O'Keefe on DoND. Needless to say - it going to be a contest to watch.

As for Bert's past performances - he has hosted "Good Morning Australia" on Network Ten for the past 12 years - which was a mixture of interviewers, light entertainment and advertorials. Pretty much the bread-and-butter viewing of the housewife set. It was flagging ratings after strong competition from Nine (with Kerri-Anne Kennerly) which spelt the end of his show and his move to the Nine Network to do FF and another program "20 to 1".
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 09:00:54 PM by pownster »
Chris Powney

Australian Game Show Home Page

http://members.iinet.net.au/~powney/gameshow/homepage.htm

clemon79

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2006, 10:16:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Feb 15 2006, 05:36 PM\']Then why not... reveal how many top answers the first person got at the end then? The climax goes at the end, that's what a climax is.
[snapback]110270[/snapback]
[/quote]
And the climax is whether they WIN the money, which is, by definition, at the end. Think of this as a minor sub-climax.

ITSBRY

Bert's Family Feud
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2006, 01:45:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Feb 14 2006, 11:42 AM\']Bert seems ill at ease, but I'm sure he'll get better.  I hope he doesn't take after Richard Karn who unfortunately hasn't gotten any better in four years.  I sure like the Aussie set though.

Brandon Brooks
[snapback]110129[/snapback]
[/quote]

He seemed pretty comfortable to me. The "these four are all Puffs" comment was a bit shocking though. I guess the PC police aren't as strong down under. ;)

Agreed...SUPER cool set and the twist in Fast Money is kinda fun!

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 01:46:39 PM by ITSBRY »