Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Steve's articles  (Read 3537 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Steve's articles
« on: August 26, 2003, 11:52:08 AM »
From the \"Unwrapped\" article: \"Round two breaks new ground I believe, because we have nine rotating games...something no show, as far as I know, has done,\" Summers told TVgameshows.net\"

Have neither of them heard of \"The Price is Right\"?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

cmjb13

Steve's articles
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 12:02:31 PM »
I was thinking the same thing.

However TPIR uses MORE than 9 rotating games, while unwrapped uses ONLY 9.

At least that's the way I read it.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

Steve's articles
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 12:04:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Aug 26 2003, 10:52 AM\'] From the "Unwrapped" article: "Round two breaks new ground I believe, because we have nine rotating games...something no show, as far as I know, has done," Summers told TVgameshows.net"

Have neither of them heard of "The Price is Right"? [/quote]
 For that matter, 70s Name that Tune had a variety of games, although I don't think they ever had nine such mini-games in the rotation. TIme Machine had about that many rotating games in its brief run, though John Davidson, in his infinite wisdom, once said that they had 40-some mini-games.

BrandonFG

Steve's articles
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 01:31:17 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 26 2003, 11:04 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Aug 26 2003, 10:52 AM\'] From the "Unwrapped" article: "Round two breaks new ground I believe, because we have nine rotating games...something no show, as far as I know, has done," Summers told TVgameshows.net"

Have neither of them heard of "The Price is Right"? [/quote]
For that matter, 70s Name that Tune had a variety of games, although I don't think they ever had nine such mini-games in the rotation. TIme Machine had about that many rotating games in its brief run, though John Davidson, in his infinite wisdom, once said that they had 40-some mini-games. [/quote]
 (chuckle) How many mini-games did Wink's HR use, if that's the case? I remember \"Around the World,\" \"Driver's Test,\" but I know there's more...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

curtking

Steve's articles
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 03:26:42 PM »
What about Time Machine?  Didn't it have rotating games?

(Time Machine, right, the John Davidson show?)

Curt

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Steve's articles
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 05:19:06 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 26 2003, 10:31 AM\'] (chuckle) How many mini-games did Wink's HR use, if that's the case? I remember "Around the World," "Driver's Test," but I know there's more... [/quote]
 Well, there was \"Beat The Monkey\", as we have recently discovered, but that never made it to air, for obvious reasons. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Steve's articles
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2003, 06:39:50 PM »
(chuckle) How many mini-games did Wink's HR use, if that's the case? I remember \"Around the World,\" \"Driver's Test,\" but I know there's more... [/QUOTE]
Roll one die, win the corresponding prize: Around the World, Wink's Car Lot, Map Game. Wink's Garage Sale. Screen Play, the Millionaire Game(played for California lottery tickets), Diamond Mind

OThers: It Takes Two, Love Letters, Lucky Numbers(not to be confused with a HR-like pilot done with Trebek for Heatter in 1985, this special game was NEVER played on air, but offered a Jeep Wrangler as the top prize on a few occasions), Rabbit Test, Dice Derby, Driver's Test.

Have I missed amy?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 06:40:09 PM by zachhoran »

zachhoran

Steve's articles
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2003, 06:41:36 PM »
[quote name=\'curtking\' date=\'Aug 26 2003, 02:26 PM\'] What about Time Machine?  Didn't it have rotating games?

(Time Machine, right, the John Davidson show?)

Curt [/quote]
 As I said before, Time Machine did have rotating games: Tube Game, As TIme Goes By, 3 in a Row, Jukebox, Sweet Sixteen, and a few others I can't recall in my 18 year old memory. BUt they didn't have 40-some mini games as John Boy once proudly exclaimed.

Jimmy Owen

Steve's articles
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2003, 09:35:08 PM »
Maybe Mark wanted to see if the interviewer was listening?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

Steve's articles
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2003, 07:41:45 PM »
Have I missed amy?

I know I've missed Amy. I'll always miss Amy. I loved her so. To take this back on topic, has anyone mentioned all of Time Machine's mini-games yet?

PeterMarshallFan

Steve's articles
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2003, 09:45:19 PM »
BtB85 had a bunch of mini-games within the endgame used during Gene's stint, too.....

And Amy should've hosted it. When was the last show she hosted? '75? '76?

ChuckNet

Steve's articles
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2003, 11:51:06 AM »
As I said before, Time Machine did have rotating games: Tube Game, As TIme Goes By, 3 in a Row, Jukebox, Sweet Sixteen, and a few others I can't recall in my 18 year old memory.

The Main Event and On the Button were 2 others.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

Ian Wallis

Steve's articles
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2003, 12:12:31 PM »
Speaking of \"Time Machine\", this may have been brought up at some pont before on another board (and if it was I can't remember the answer), but what would happen if - during the final round - the two contestants put down the same year?  Would they edit the tape and throw it out?  I never saw it happen on any of the episodes I saw, although there were a couple of times where the contestants' guesses were just one year apart.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

Steve's articles
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2003, 08:05:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 28 2003, 11:12 AM\'] Speaking of "Time Machine", this may have been brought up at some pont before on another board (and if it was I can't remember the answer), but what would happen if - during the final round - the two contestants put down the same year?  Would they edit the tape and throw it out?  I never saw it happen on any of the episodes I saw, although there were a couple of times where the contestants' guesses were just one year apart. [/quote]
 When two players guessed the same year, regardless of whether they were right or not, the days' champion would be determined via a tiebreaker multiple choice question IIRC from 18 year old memory.

Ian Wallis

Steve's articles
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2003, 08:46:19 AM »
When two players guessed the same year, regardless of whether they were right or not, the days' champion would be determined via a tiebreaker multiple choice question IIRC from 18 year old memory.

Wow...thanks for the response.  In all the episodes I've seen, via watching original broadcasts and tapes I've received via trades, I never saw that happen once.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!