Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy weekend rerun  (Read 2453 times)

bellbm

Jeopardy weekend rerun
« on: August 26, 2003, 12:37:39 AM »
I have a question about the weekend re-run of Jeopardy!.
In Chicago, they never show the fee plugs, it is just an edit from \"goodbye\" to the credits.
Now last week I was in Las Vegas, and caught the rerun, and they ran the fee plugs.
Was it just a flook that week, or is ABC-7 here in Chicago editing those out?
How does it air in other markets?

BrandonFG

Jeopardy weekend rerun
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 01:18:19 AM »
[quote name=\'bellbm\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 11:37 PM\'] I have a question about the weekend re-run of Jeopardy!.
In Chicago, they never show the fee plugs, it is just an edit from "goodbye" to the credits.
Now last week I was in Las Vegas, and caught the rerun, and they ran the fee plugs.
Was it just a flook that week, or is ABC-7 here in Chicago editing those out?
How does it air in other markets? [/quote]
 We get the fee plugs on Norfolk reruns. BTW, are Ben Tritle's eps. still airing? When I last saw it, he had just won his 2nd match.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

bellbm

Jeopardy weekend rerun
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 07:31:23 PM »
Then WLS in Chicago must, for some odd reason, edit these out.

Also, it was announced in the paper today that WLS will expand their 11:30 newscast to an hour, and start it at 11 AM.  This comes after ABC announce Port Charles will end.  I was hoping for a rerun of Jeopardy or something, but apparently not.

rugrats1

Jeopardy weekend rerun
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 09:27:57 PM »
I think WLS is editing out the fee plugs because they're old plugs (I think), and WLS can use the extra time for fresh commercials. I don't know if WLS is allowed to cut the plugs, whether they're old or not.

Jimmy Owen

Jeopardy weekend rerun
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 09:42:35 PM »
It's all in the contract.  Back in 1989, LBS put an additional three fee plugs on the Combs Feud and WJBK in Detroit refused to air the fee plugs and inserted a PSA since more commercial time violated the contract.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.