Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The best and the worst...  (Read 2696 times)

Kevin Prather

The best and the worst...
« on: August 25, 2003, 09:09:17 PM »
Who is the best GS host? Announcer? Contestant? The worst?

BEST:

Host: Bob Barker. Need i explain myself?

Announcer: Johnny Olsen. He knew when to interact with the show, and he had a great voice. Overall, he did a great job.

Contestant: Kevin Smith (Millionaire). He really deserved to win, IMHO.

WORST:

Host: Donny Osmond. I hate how when a team wins the WC, he acts like \"OH MY GOD! YOU WON!\" This is why I prefer Dick Clark. He brings a sense of order to the show, without being a total stiff.

Announcer: Randy from Lingo. She has no enthusiasm. She's obviously not a professional announcer. She seems like she may be a stage manager who gets a mic shoved in her face.

Contestant: His name escapes me, but it was the bald guy who went into the hot seat on Millionaire immediately after Rob Coughlin in January 2000. Wouldn't let Regis talk, kept calling him \"Begis\", his last question, he said \"Final Answer\", Regis didn't hear, so he asked \"Is that your final answer?\", to which the guy said \"What part of \"Final answer\" don't you understand???\". Regis immediately yelled \"YOU'RE WRONG!\". I cheered when that happened. The guy was a loser.

Now that i'm done ranting, what are your opinions?

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 09:20:25 PM »
BEST

Host: Do I really need to tell you?

Announcer: Gene Wood [classic] Randy West/Burton Richardson [current]

Contestant: Uhhh....me! [just kidding] John Carpenter. Now THAT was an incredible run.

WORST:

Host: Patrick Wayne, YOU WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Announcer: Randi from Lingo. Just 'cause she can do commercials don't mean she can do GS announcing. RUNNER UP: Jeffery Tambor

Contestant: The woman who never picked the GS hosts unless she had to on H2's Game Show Week.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 09:25:09 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 08:09 PM\'] Announcer: Randy from Lingo. She has no enthusiasm. She's obviously not a professional announcer. She seems like she may be a stage manager who gets a mic shoved in her face.
 [/quote]
 Uh... yeah she is.  You might have heard her before on Weakest Link.  

Brandon Brooks

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2003, 09:30:53 PM »
Randi Hooked on Phonics Thomas is the Lingo announcer, while Lisa Friedman announced the Syndie WL.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2003, 09:31:18 PM »
Oops.

Brandon Brooks

dscungio

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2003, 09:50:10 PM »
Contestant: His name escapes me, but it was the bald guy who went into the hot seat on Millionaire immediately after Rob Coughlin in January 2000. Wouldn't let Regis talk, kept calling him \"Begis\", his last question, he said \"Final Answer\", Regis didn't hear, so he asked \"Is that your final answer?\", to which the guy said \"What part of \"Final answer\" don't you understand???\". Regis immediately yelled \"YOU'RE WRONG!\". I cheered when that happened. The guy was a loser.

That was Dr. Kurt Warkenthien.  His game took place over two shows in January 2000.  In fact, the question you're talking about was a faulty question about comedians who wrote for Your Show of Shows.  The question listed Woody Allen as a writer, but he never worked on that program.

Dean Scungio
dscungio@worldnet.att.net (dscungio@worldnet.att.net)
AIM & Y!: dascungio (Note the \"a\"!)

\"It's not how much we give away,
it's the way we do it.\" -Monty Hall

Kevin Prather

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2003, 12:05:44 AM »
really? was he brought back?

brianhenke

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2003, 12:32:15 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 11:05 PM\'] really? was he brought back? [/quote]

I remember that he was going to be brought back; however, we don't know if he was ever on the hotseat again and how much he won if and when he made his second appearance.

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?