Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FF Question  (Read 4171 times)

cmjb13

FF Question
« on: August 25, 2003, 11:38:48 AM »
When the contestants hit the buzzer during the face off (Dawson/Combs), is that a sound effect or is it made by hitting the buzzer?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvrandywest

FF Question
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 06:41:44 PM »
Reading this board I see you are just loaded with questions!   ;-)

Everything you ever hear on any game show whenever anybody ever presses one of those buttons is a sound effect. The only actual sound of the button is a very soft \"click\"!

I have one of them big red buttons right here, and I pressed it again just to check. No \"buzz\", \"bing\", \"gong\" or \"whoop-whoop-whoop\" klaxon horn   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: August 25, 2003, 06:44:29 PM by tvrandywest »

BrandonFG

FF Question
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 06:52:55 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 05:41 PM\'] Everything you ever hear on any game show whenever anybody ever presses one of those buttons is a sound effect. The only actual sound of the button is a very soft "click"!

I have one of them big red buttons right here, and I pressed it again just to check. No "buzz", "bing", "gong" or "whoop-whoop-whoop" klaxon horn   ;-)
 [/quote]
 This brings me to a question. J! is the only show that doesn't have some sort of SFX when the buzzer is pressed. Was this the case during the Fleming run as well?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Neumms

FF Question
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2003, 07:19:46 PM »
Art's version had a bell, if I recall, which you'd usually hear even before Art read the answer.

Alex's originally did have a sound effect, sort of like what my Mac refers to as \"simple beep\" but with more reverb. And sort of like the tones played in department stores to page managers.

I'm thinking they stopped using it halfway through the first season, back when they let players ring in early, as on the original. Can anyone back me up on this?

Kevin Prather

FF Question
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2003, 08:54:28 PM »
when Jeopardy was featured in an episode of the Golden Girls, the buzzers had a short reverbed beep.

btw: when you say it has a sound effect, do you mean it's not rigged to the buzzer? then how did the sound effect go off on time when it was hit unexpectedly? like when the girl on Karn FF rang in after \"Give me the most popular answer.\" or when the woman's breasts hit the buzzer on Combs FF?

PeterMarshallFan

FF Question
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2003, 09:03:21 PM »
I think we all misunderstood what Randy said. I think he meant to say that the buzzers were rigged up to activate a sound when they're pressed.

tvrandywest

FF Question
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2003, 09:13:06 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 08:03 PM\'] I think we all misunderstood what Randy said. I think he meant to say that the buzzers were rigged up to activate a sound when they're pressed. [/quote]
 At least YOU understood   ;-)

Are you available to travel as my interpreter?

Randy
tvrandywest.com

PeterMarshallFan

FF Question
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 09:14:45 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 09:13 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 08:03 PM\'] I think we all misunderstood what Randy said. I think he meant to say that the buzzers were rigged up to activate a sound when they're pressed. [/quote]
At least YOU understood   ;-)

Are you available to travel as my interpreter?

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 How much do you pay? :)

tvrandywest

FF Question
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2003, 09:27:17 PM »
>> >>Are you available to travel as my interpreter?

>>How much do you pay? :)

Miss Miller used to come to all the tapings for the occasional $5 Johnny O would slip her. Send a picture, she might have been prettier!   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: August 25, 2003, 09:28:26 PM by tvrandywest »

PeterMarshallFan

FF Question
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2003, 09:36:38 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 09:27 PM\'] >> >>Are you available to travel as my interpreter?

>>How much do you pay? :)

Miss Miller used to come to all the tapings for the occasional $5 Johnny O would slip her. Send a picture, she might have been prettier!   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 LOL! Damn, Randy, have you gotten a Funny Money application yet?

Casey

FF Question
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2003, 10:39:56 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 10:38 AM\'] When the contestants hit the buzzer during the face off (Dawson/Combs), is that a sound effect or is it made by hitting the buzzer? [/quote]
 It seems to me that I have seen a number of times when the buzzer was hit but the sound effect didn't go off.  The light lit up, but no sound was played, and Richard would make the burble sound himself.

Stevek83

FF Question
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2003, 11:03:31 AM »
I remember a FF outake where the player hit the buzzer and Richard (Karn) started playing around hitting both buzzers back and forth because the buzzer sound wasnt working, LOL..It was shown on Funniest GS moments 2 on Fox

cmjb13

FF Question
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2003, 05:58:54 PM »
I was actually asking if when the buzzer is hit, does someone offstage press a keyboard sound effect or is it built in when the buzzer is hit.

Now I know.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS