Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Blockbusters Question  (Read 5711 times)

gsfan85

Blockbusters Question
« on: December 23, 2005, 03:11:03 PM »
Hey everyone,

Today on an episode I thought was a Friday show of Week 3, Bill said "see you tomorrow on Blockbusters."  He also mentioned tomorrow a couple of other times, which would lead me to believe this is not a Friday show.

Did they skip any shows, because the premiere was on a Monday, which would make this the Friday show of Week 3.  Maybe Bill just made an error.

Thanks,
Adam

Don Howard

Blockbusters Question
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 04:15:31 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Dec 23 2005, 03:11 PM\']Today on an episode I thought was a Friday show of Week 3, Bill said "see you tomorrow on Blockbusters."  He also mentioned tomorrow a couple of other times, which would lead me to believe this is not a Friday show.
Did they skip any shows, because the premiere was on a Monday, which would make this the Friday show of Week 3.  Maybe Bill just made an error.
[snapback]105672[/snapback]
[/quote]
Perhaps there was an NBC pre-emption along the way which now has the days-of-the-week out of synch? And I left my Horanstones at the bar so Zachariah himself will have to let us know for certain.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 04:15:47 PM by Don Howard »

dzinkin

Blockbusters Question
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 04:23:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 23 2005, 04:15 PM\']And I left my Horanstones at the bar
[snapback]105679[/snapback]
[/quote]
You do know about the effects of mixing Horanstones with alcohol, right?

Don Howard

Blockbusters Question
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Dec 23 2005, 04:23 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 23 2005, 04:15 PM\']And I left my Horanstones at the bar
[snapback]105679[/snapback]
[/quote]
You do know about the effects of mixing Horanstones with alcohol, right?
[snapback]105681[/snapback]
[/quote]
Indeed I do. In fact, while chasing down my Stones with a can of Bud Light, I noticed the BORN ON date was Nov 26 05 and proceeded to blather, "It was 30 years ago from that day when Give 'n Take went off the air. It was hosted by Jim Lange who wore a suit and tie that day. Give 'n Take replaced Musical Chairs in the 4:00 time period which replaced Tattletales which replaced The Secret Storm." I was thrown out immediately.

zachhoran

Blockbusters Question
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 07:14:48 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Dec 23 2005, 03:11 PM\']Hey everyone,

Today on an episode I thought was a Friday show of Week 3, Bill said "see you tomorrow on Blockbusters."  He also mentioned tomorrow a couple of other times, which would lead me to believe this is not a Friday show.

Did they skip any shows, because the premiere was on a Monday, which would make this the Friday show of Week 3.  Maybe Bill just made an error.

Thanks,
Adam
[snapback]105672[/snapback]
[/quote]

This is the fourth week of Cullen BB airing MOn-Fri. I believe three episodes have been skipped(GT shows were saved three to a tape), including the episode in which the format change to the best two-out-of-three games took effect. These episodes were skipped at least the last two times GSN got to this point in the run(early in 2003 and late Summer in 2005). The episodes are presumed missing.

Don Howard

Blockbusters Question
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 10:22:49 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 23 2005, 07:14 PM\']This is the fourth week of Cullen BB airing MOn-Fri.
[snapback]105692[/snapback]
[/quote]
So the inaugural appearance of one John Hatten must be very near.

Jimmy Owen

Blockbusters Question
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 11:22:06 PM »
CBN ran the rule change episode when it aired the series in the 84-85 season.  I have it on tape somewhere (if a 20+ year old VHS tape is still playable.) If memory serves, Tommy Baker was the solo player and was defeated by a pair of elderly sisters.  The rule change was announced and to the best of my recollection the new solo player was Carlos Washington.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 11:29:30 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ian Wallis

Blockbusters Question
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 10:35:41 AM »
I have it on tape somewhere (if a 20+ year old VHS tape is still playable.)

I have a few that are that old and I haven't really noticed any problems with them.   I have heard over the years that they're not supposed to last that long, and that does worry me a bit.  (I'm planning to start transferring to DVD by the middle of next year anyway!)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Gamer

Blockbusters Question
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 10:16:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 24 2005, 10:35 AM\']
I have it on tape somewhere (if a 20+ year old VHS tape is still playable.)

I have a few that are that old and I haven't really noticed any problems with them.   I have heard over the years that they're not supposed to last that long, and that does worry me a bit.  (I'm planning to start transferring to DVD by the middle of next year anyway!)
[snapback]105727[/snapback]
[/quote]

If properly taken care of your tapes can last just as long or at least as long as you'd need them.  I've heard the claim that dvds can last 200 years or some crap but who cares?  None of us are going to be around then anyway.  Yeah I know, grandkids right?  I seriously doubt they'd be interested in a game show that's more than 100 years old.  Plus by that time dvd will be as obsolete as beta.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 10:19:53 PM by Gamer »