Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: High Rollers  (Read 2273 times)

beatlefreak84

High Rollers
« on: August 23, 2003, 07:27:30 PM »
Hello all,

After seeing JRJ's clips of \"High Rollers\" on his website (excellent clips, BTW!), a question occured to me:

The \"Big Numbers\" bonus round just seems like the type that a person can expect to maybe win once or twice and that's it; the odds of constantly winning are just so against you (I can't comment on actual figures, but I know this from trying to win it on FLASHGames!).

So, my question is:  Did anybody win the \"Big Numbers\" bonus round more than once on either version?  If so, was anybody ever able to do it twice in a row?  THAT would be something!

Also, this was another show where it seemed that champions just wouldn't stay on for a long time, so my other question:  Was anybody able to win 5 times on Wink's version?  Also, who was the longest reigning champion on either version?

Thanks in advance,

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

zachhoran

High Rollers
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 08:26:18 PM »
There was, I believe, one person who won the Big NUmbers twice on Wink's run. Wink had six or seven undefeated champions in his version, which meant that they won five matches(early in the run, a Jeep Cherokee was offered for doing this, but they stopped offering that by the time they had their first undefeated champion). The all time winner on Wink's run won $49K cash and prizes. I believe the Trebek runs both had a five match limit as well, but someone who remembers the shows from the original run better can tell us.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
High Rollers
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 09:57:15 PM »
FWIW, the 78-80 incarnation had a seven appearance limit.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck