Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel and Jeopardy in HD  (Read 3834 times)

dzinkin

Wheel and Jeopardy in HD
« on: January 06, 2006, 11:02:11 PM »
At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Sony chairman Howard Stringer announced that Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! will be available in high definition this fall.  The press release is here.

Of course, how many stations will actually air the show in HD remains to be seen.

inturnaround

Wheel and Jeopardy in HD
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 11:16:30 PM »
That's a big move towards more HD programming available through syndication. Let's hope it breaks the logjam. I think the bigger station groups will carry them in HD. So I wouldn't be surprised if the ABC O&Os for one, show them in HD.

I'm anxious to see just what changes they'll make to the sets to make them more HD-friendly.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

LA the DJ

Wheel and Jeopardy in HD
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 11:45:38 PM »
You know...Just the other day I was considering this topic as to who'd be first. I'd guessed Wheel and J! since Sony always wants to be at the height of technology. (Just don't buy one of their DVD players, yikes!)
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

WhammyPower

Wheel and Jeopardy in HD
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 01:28:16 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Jan 6 2006, 10:45 PM\'](Just don't buy one of their DVD players, yikes!)
[snapback]106969[/snapback]
[/quote]
Or one of their music CDs.

LA the DJ

Wheel and Jeopardy in HD
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 09:08:52 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jan 6 2006, 11:16 PM\']
I'm anxious to see just what changes they'll make to the sets to make them more HD-friendly.
[snapback]106967[/snapback]
[/quote]

Eleventy Billion colors of light!
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.