Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND Online Game  (Read 10568 times)

sshuffield70

DoND Online Game
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 11:38:58 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Dec 15 2005, 08:27 PM\'][quote name=\'cacLA8383\' date=\'Dec 15 2005, 08:24 PM\']Yeah, really. You need to get laid about 37 times, Lemon.
[snapback]104860[/snapback]
[/quote]
Personally, I'd love to know how you calculated the exact number. :-)
[snapback]104861[/snapback]
[/quote]

Don't hit the button until you're ready to stop the Range Finder because we can't start it again until Lemon gets laid 37 times....which might take 37 years..... ;)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
DoND Online Game
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 12:17:22 AM »
I think the game sucks.  ;) In my first 8 cases, 6 were $100,000 or greater.  I ended with 2 final cases of $.01 and $75, and a bank offer of $38.

Hopefully that never happens on the show, that makes for less than exciting TV.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SamJ93

DoND Online Game
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 01:01:50 AM »
Have to agree with Mark.  I can deal with the pure luck aspect, but it seems the big problem will come when all the big cases are gone early.  I wonder if there is some kink thrown into the actual show in case this happens?

Also...anyone else notice that the bank offer SFX is the "question reveal" from Greed?  Wonder whose GS website they got that from...

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Craig Karlberg

DoND Online Game
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 03:45:14 AM »
I chickened out once the $1M case was removed, so I stopped at $27K.  Should've kept going because I was holding the $200K case.  Oh well.

TalkingHeadsFan

DoND Online Game
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2005, 12:26:08 PM »
The game is a bore. Like many people have said before, it's just no fun when there's nothing truly on the line.

That and the lame-ass sound effects ripped off from On-Air clips of Greed, the lack of music make this a polished version of the more primitive version of an online DonD game already posted.

Douglas

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
DoND Online Game
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 02:06:38 PM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'Dec 16 2005, 09:26 AM\']The game is a bore. Like many people have said before, it's just no fun when there's nothing truly on the line.
[snapback]104902[/snapback]
[/quote]
Be careful. Disparaging the good name of DoND as a social game played for fun and no money tends to get you labelled around here.

(...and at some other places, too.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

The Ol' Guy

DoND Online Game
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 09:45:16 PM »
You know where the 37 came from....

The banker.

Still a lot of cases left...

You could get laid up to a hundred times...or for about half a minute.

What'll it be, Chris....

Deal...or No Deal???
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 09:54:00 PM by The Ol' Guy »

MrGameShow

DoND Online Game
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 10:57:47 PM »
Well boys and girls, I took the liberty of breaking into the DOND game on the NBC website to see how things were calculated, and here's the rough overview..

The board is divided into two tiers: the LOWER tier (consisting of all values under $100,000), and the UPPER tier ($100,000 and above).

In order to calculate the bank's offer, you need to know the "official percentages" of the show. To keep it simple until we figure out if they use the same numbers on the US version, I'll play out something from the Dutch version [which, BTW, is where this game originally was used - it's even got the MILJOENEN JACHT logo in the game].

In Round 1, the percentages are 5% and 6%. So the player eliminated 4 cases ($1, $10, $100, and the $5,000,000), to give the tier totals of $176575.71 and $5000000 respectively.

The sum of the LOWER tier is multiplied by the first percentage (5%) to make [8829].. then the sum of the UPPER tier is multiplied by both percentages (5% * 6% = .3%) to make [15000].

These are added together to make the bank's "offer" of, in this case, $23,829 (as confirmed with the show in question).

The programmers of the DOND game actually made a mistake.. they miswrote the array of percentages.. so the online game actually starts with the percentages for Round 2 in Round 1.

I've tested the formula with the Dutch show, and it works well.. but so far I haven't hit the Aussie ones on the head yet - likely using a a different TIER FACTOR.. [okay, it's a bad NBC joke.. ]

I've had our own FLASHGames² version in the works, but since it seems they aren't in need of that now, maybe I'll convert it into a "Banker Calculator" to play along with the show.. :D

MikeK

• Martha!
DoND Online Game
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2005, 10:18:03 AM »
[quote name=\'MrGameShow\' date=\'Dec 16 2005, 10:57 PM\']Well boys and girls, I took the liberty of breaking into the DOND game on the NBC website to see how things were calculated, and here's the rough overview..[/quote]
Good heavens.  I just finished up my coursework for my math major and my head is spinning from your description.  (Trust me, it's not your description that's making me loopy.  It's all those damn numbers--percentages, sums, carry the 1, pi r squared, integrate both sides of the equation...)

I knew I should've stuck with my original major--undecided.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 10:20:04 AM by hmtriplecrown »

tvwxman

DoND Online Game
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2005, 10:34:36 AM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Dec 16 2005, 09:45 PM\']You know where the 37 came from....

The banker.

Still a lot of cases left...

You could get laid up to a hundred times...or for about half a minute.

What'll it be, Chris....

Deal...or No Deal???
[snapback]104922[/snapback]
[/quote]

There's your Line of the Day folks....a late posting for yesterday, or should we give em' credit for today? Even better....let's just make this the LINE OF THE WEEKEND!!!!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

comicus

DoND Online Game
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2005, 11:35:17 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 15 2005, 08:23 PM\']It's just that everytime one of these threads comes up, we get like sixteen thousand silly posts from people who want to post how they did, followed by someone crowing loudly that they "won", like it actually means something in a game like this.
[snapback]104859[/snapback]
[/quote]

I WON!  I WON!  I WON!

Err...

Hm.

Sorry.

Actually, I'm kidding.  I can't get the fakakta thing to load.  It stops short when it shows "100% loaded."  Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT:  Got it working.  I right-clicked and chose "Play" in the Flash window... and a mock game sped by, with text in Dutch, no less.  When the loop finished, I was able to play as normal.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 11:40:32 AM by CountdownRound »

MrGameShow

DoND Online Game
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2005, 11:37:35 AM »
[quote name=\'CountdownRound\' date=\'Dec 17 2005, 11:35 AM\']Actually, I'm kidding.  I can't get the fakakta thing to load.  It stops short when it shows "100% loaded."  Anyone else have this problem?
[/quote]

Just refresh the page.. yet another "glitch" in the reprogramming stage.. they forgot to tell the game to move forward after loaded.. LOL - you'd never see a FLASHGame do that ;)

Brig Bother

DoND Online Game
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2005, 12:21:57 PM »
[quote name=\'MrGameShow\' date=\'Dec 17 2005, 03:57 AM\']In order to calculate the bank's offer, you need to know the "official percentages" of the show.
[/quote]

That's very interesting, actually.

All I know is that in the Brit show, the computer spits out an upper and lower figure using formulae and the banker picks a figure between those two numbers depending on how he feels. I would have assumed the same forumlae were being used for all versions. The computer version will obviously not be able to weigh in with psychological factors, but it's not a massive leap to suggest that the actual figues on television are worked out with these formulae and the boundaries set at plusminus twenty percent either side of the figure, say.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
DoND Online Game
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2005, 04:09:17 PM »
[quote name=\'CountdownRound\' date=\'Dec 17 2005, 10:35 AM\']Actually, I'm kidding.  I can't get the fakakta thing to load.  It stops short when it shows "100% loaded."  Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT:  Got it working.  I right-clicked and chose "Play" in the Flash window... and a mock game sped by, with text in Dutch, no less.  When the loop finished, I was able to play as normal.
[snapback]104943[/snapback]
[/quote]
1.  Try the HTML with brackets instead--I think that'll work.  Or try the veal.

2.  Brownie points for use of the word "fakakta" (prolly not spelled right--but just seeing it in print was enough for a chuckle).  Well played.  :)

Doug -- and the countdown to 1700 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

catkins522

DoND Online Game
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2005, 04:45:46 PM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'Dec 16 2005, 12:26 PM\']The game is a bore. Like many people have said before, it's just no fun when there's nothing truly on the line.
[snapback]104902[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree.  It's mainly a LMAD and TH all in one.  DoND will go away after the 5 shows, just like WL.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!