Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Joker's Wild Question  (Read 8582 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
The Joker's Wild Question
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2003, 07:23:30 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 09:02 AM\'] I agree.  Thanks Mike.  As long as you're taking requests... [/quote]
 I wasn't taking requests.  Chris asked kindly.  I thought I'd do a nice gesture.  That's all.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2003, 10:33:19 AM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 06:23 PM\'] I wasn't taking requests. ... [/quote]
 I didn't think you were, I just thought I'd ask: could you please repost that clip some time in the (preferrably not-too-immediate) future when you're feeling benevolent?  Again, take your time.

TonicBH

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2003, 09:19:40 PM »
I remember this TJW soundclip where a guy had the opportunity to win but he thought he didn't, so he shut himself out of a win... Anyone ever heard of that occurance?
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

daveromanjr

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2003, 11:08:24 PM »
Thanks for posting that clip, Mike!

Seeing that makes me hope GSN will put TJW back on the schedule sometime soon (I've only seen 2 episodes from the Feast of Favorites marathon last Thanksgiving).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2003, 02:29:15 AM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 06:19 PM\'] I remember this TJW soundclip where a guy had the opportunity to win but he thought he didn't, so he shut himself out of a win... Anyone ever heard of that occurance? [/quote]
Yeah, I remember that. Fast Forward Something was in the game, and the dude was facing his final spin needing at least $150 to win. He spun two normal categories and a Joker, and when the guy, in a true Mah-rone Du Jour moment, called for one of the singletons for $100 instead of going off the board with Fast Forward Whatever for $50 (and answering however many questions he needed to make up the deficit), Jack announced that the game was over.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 02:30:49 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2003, 03:57:43 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 26 2003, 01:29 AM\'][quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 06:19 PM\'] I remember this TJW soundclip where a guy had the opportunity to win but he thought he didn't, so he shut himself out of a win... Anyone ever heard of that occurance? [/quote]
Yeah, I remember that. Fast Forward Something was in the game, and the dude was facing his final spin needing at least $150 to win. He spun two normal categories and a Joker, and when the guy, in a true Mah-rone Du Jour moment, called for one of the singletons for $100 instead of going off the board with Fast Forward Whatever for $50 (and answering however many questions he needed to make up the deficit), Jack announced that the game was over.[/quote]
You left out the best parts: Jack Barry explained that very possibility to him before he spun (paraphrasing, \"You need a triple, OR you can go off the board to Fast Forward. Remember, if you don't get a triple, you have to take Fast Forward to win.\"). Also, after he took a category for $100, it took Jack about a minute of explaining (as gently as Jack Barry could) that he, the contestant, was an idiot. I believe he actually said something like \"I'm not allowed to help the contestants pick their category in any way.\" Good times, good times.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2003, 11:29:16 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Aug 26 2003, 12:57 AM\'] Also, after he took a category for $100, it took Jack about a minute of explaining (as gently as Jack Barry could) that he, the contestant, was an idiot.
 [/quote]
 And this is why Gilbert Gottfried (or myself, for that matter) has never been mentioned as host of a possible TJW revival:

Gilbert/Me: \"Okay. You need a triple, or the Fast Forward category, to stay alive. Remember, you _can_ go off the board for Fast Forward if you only spin a single Joker. Good luck.\"

{Player spins.}

Gilbert/Me: \"Sports....News 2003...and a Joker.\"

Player: \"Um, Sports for $100, I guess.\"

Gilbert: \"YOU FOOL!\"
{or}
Me: \"What, are you HIGH?!\"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe