Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Eubanks CS...thank God THIS didn't happen!  (Read 4863 times)

megamanj1986

Eubanks CS...thank God THIS didn't happen!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 01:47:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Nov 22 2005, 11:16 AM\'][quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Nov 22 2005, 09:03 AM\']Well....Jim Lange did say he'd make a good game show host!
[/quote]
Jim Lange isn't one who should be reccomending hosts, IMO, he wasn't particulary good.
[snapback]102888[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yea, that's true! Jim Lange himself wasn't a very good host to begin with. And he needs to rethink about what he said about Wayne making a great host and step up hosting a bit himself, too!

But anyway, i didn't know that Goodson and Co. were consdiering Patrick for host, b/c I thought it was always Bruce Forsyth that was originally considered to host, until he was tapped at the last mniute for Hot Streak on ABC.

uncamark

Eubanks CS...thank God THIS didn't happen!
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 05:11:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 23 2005, 11:59 AM\'][quote name=\'nbcburbank\' date=\'Nov 23 2005, 09:05 AM\']    I have to disagree. I thought that the format was fine. In my opinion they melded together well. Even Mr. Rayburn couldn't stand Bauman. I blame the failure of MGHS more on Bauman as well as the 3PM timeslot. I think this would have been a perfect show to comepete against TPIR at 11. With a stronger host in place of Bauman I think it could have lasted at least a few seasons.
[snapback]102990[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, you are certainly entitled to that opinion, though I will tell you now that it's shared by pretty much nobody. :)
[snapback]102995[/snapback]
[/quote]

In fact, at the time NBC was just considering "MG/HSH" to be nothing more than a place filler until the Dobsons were ready to go with "Santa Barbara."  The show's stay on the air was due only to the fact that it takes at least a year to get a soap on the air from first pitch to premiere episode.