Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Czech "Big Brother" contestants evicted  (Read 3683 times)

Fedya

Czech "Big Brother" contestants evicted
« on: November 27, 2005, 08:21:17 PM »
Read the whole article

A popular Czech reality* show came to grips with reality very unexpectedly indeed last Sunday when the cast and crew were evicted from their Prague villa at dawn by 40 security guards and dogs sent in by the landowner following a disagreement over rental payments.

(I hope I haven't quoted too much.)

(* NB: When I first posted this, I changed the text to refer to Big Brother as a 'fakeness' show, not thkining that this would cause a serious problem here.  I hereby apologize and append this notice in order that other posters will not commit the same sin nor wonder what Chris' response and the rest of the thread are doing.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 10:33:39 AM by Fedya »
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 09:26:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Nov 27 2005, 05:21 PM\']Read the whole article

A popular Czech fakeness show came to grips with reality very unexpectedly indeed last Sunday when the cast and crew were evicted from their Prague villa at dawn by 40 security guards and dogs sent in by the landowner following a disagreement over rental payments.

(I hope I haven't quoted too much.)
[snapback]103268[/snapback]
[/quote]
Except in an attempt to be funny, you changed the quote (bad form. REALLY bad form), and it doesn't sound like they were "forced" to move in, they appear to have gone willingly, once they lost the use of the property they were in.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 09:27:25 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Fedya

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 11:06:16 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 27 2005, 09:26 PM\']
Except in an attempt to be funny, you changed the quote (bad form. REALLY bad form),[/quote]
Guilty as charged

and it doesn't sound like they were "forced" to move in, they appear to have gone willingly, once they lost the use of the property they were in.
[snapback]103276[/snapback]
Well, they had to move in someplace, or else cancel the program midstream (see Mole, The).

Cynics would suggest the Czech producers did this deliberately.  But we don't have any cynics here, do we?  ;-)

clemon79

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 11:49:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Nov 27 2005, 08:06 PM\']Guilty as charged
[/quote]
BAD form.
Well, they had to move in someplace, or else cancel the program midstream (see Mole, The).
They were not dragged kicking and screaming, and the cancellation of a television show is hardly a consequence that would imply "forcing".

Kevin Prather

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 11:57:34 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 27 2005, 09:49 PM\'][quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Nov 27 2005, 08:06 PM\']Guilty as charged
[/quote]
BAD form.
[/quote]

As he acknowledged.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 09:43:30 AM »
Well, no, it's also bad form to just say "yeah, I did that wrong thing" without apologizing or correcting it or anything. It's a separate bad.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

dzinkin

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 09:52:36 AM »
Falsifying quotes, particularly unapologetically, is an excellent way to land oneself in the Isolation Booth.

It won't happen again, right, Mr. Schuerzinger?

Fedya

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 10:30:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Nov 28 2005, 09:43 AM\']Well, no, it's also bad form to just say "yeah, I did that wrong thing" without apologizing or correcting it or anything. It's a separate bad.
[snapback]103310[/snapback]
[/quote]
I didn't intend for my "guilty as charged" line to be read as unapologetic, although looking at it now, I can certainly see how people could view it that way.  Yes, I'm sorry, and yes, I shouldn't have done it.

As for my not correcting it, I wasn't certain whether it would be bad form to change the original, leaving Chris Lemon's post criticizing me (rightly, of course) for something that no longer appears to be there.  In light of the thread that's followed, I can edit it and put a note that I had committed a grievous error in the original.

clemon79

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 10:40:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Nov 28 2005, 07:30 AM\']As for my not correcting it, I wasn't certain whether it would be bad form to change the original, leaving Chris Lemon's post criticizing me (rightly, of course) for something that no longer appears to be there.  In light of the thread that's followed, I can edit it and put a note that I had committed a grievous error in the original.
[snapback]103313[/snapback]
[/quote]
Good call, and well done.