Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is He the Same Guy?  (Read 2748 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

Is He the Same Guy?
« on: August 21, 2003, 07:45:39 PM »
I am watching Cien Mexicanos Dijeron (the Spanish version of Family Feud) and I wonder if this is a coincidence or not.

Is the host of this show the same host who did Atinale Al Precio, the Mexican equivalent of The Price is Right? Correct me if I am wrong.

The Inquisitive One

(If I had a better grasp of Spanish, I would watch this show more than our version of Feud. At least they have better production values.)
This is the Way.

Brandon Brooks

Is He the Same Guy?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 08:13:11 PM »
Is the host of this show the same host who did Atinale Al Precio, the Mexican equivalent of The Price is Right? Correct me if I am wrong.
Sí.  And it is not did, it's does, as he hosts both shows, and both are currently running.  The host is Marco Antonio Regil, a rather snazzy guy if you ask me.

(If I had a better grasp of Spanish, I would watch this show more than our version of Feud. At least they have better production values.)
Are we watching the same shows?  100 Mexicanos Dijeron has a cheaper set than Karn's Family Feud.  And do you really know how much the grand prize of ciento mil pesos is?  About $8,000.  That ain't bad at all, but the American version offers much more.

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 08:13:52 PM by Brandon Brooks »

TheInquisitiveOne

Is He the Same Guy?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 09:54:36 PM »
Sí. And it is not did, it's does, as he hosts both shows, and both are currently running. The host is Marco Antonio Regil, a rather snazzy guy if you ask me.

Wow, he does both shows? That is amazing. I hope I can do that when I go into the business. You are talking about two of the biggest shows on this side of the Rio Grande. I also want his wardrobe designer. It shows me that Marco came to do a show, unlike Richard Karn.

Are we watching the same shows? 100 Mexicanos Dijeron has a cheaper set than Karn's Family Feud. And do you really know how much the grand prize of ciento mil pesos is? About $8,000. That ain't bad at all, but the American version offers much more.

I agree with the money and set schemes (save for the game board on CMD). In terms of that, we have CMD beat. However, in terms of television time and scoring format, 100 Mexicanos Dijeron has it beat. It is that aspect that makes me like the Mexican version of Feud a little more.

The Inquisitive One
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 09:55:35 PM by TheInquisitiveOne »
This is the Way.

Brandon Brooks

Is He the Same Guy?
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 11:34:34 PM »
Wow, he does both shows? That is amazing. I hope I can do that when I go into the business. You are talking about two of the biggest shows on this side of the Rio Grande.
Pretty true.  And from what I understand, both do pretty well in Mexico.

However, in terms of television time and scoring format, 100 Mexicanos Dijeron has it beat. It is that aspect that makes me like the Mexican version of Feud a little more.
Yeah, and that's because it follows Combs' rules to the tee... except for one little thing.  They have what I think is a one-strike second triple round, but those are rarely seen.

Brandon Brooks

BrandonFG

Is He the Same Guy?
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 11:37:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Aug 21 2003, 10:34 PM\']Yeah, and that's because it follows Combs' rules to the tee... except for one little thing.  They have what I think is a one-strike second triple round, but those are rarely seen.
[/quote]
I think I've seen this show once. Isn't it an hour long?

BTW, those green and white bathroom mosaic tiles have to go. :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Fedya

Is He the Same Guy?
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 11:56:23 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 21 2003, 10:37 PM\'] [quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Aug 21 2003, 10:34 PM\']Yeah, and that's because it follows Combs' rules to the tee... except for one little thing.  They have what I think is a one-strike second triple round, but those are rarely seen.
[/quote]
I think I've seen this show once. Isn't it an hour long?

BTW, those green and white bathroom mosaic tiles have to go. :-P [/quote]
 It's two half-hour episodes back to back, at least on Telefutura channel 68 in New York.  I don't know if it's the same way in other markets.

And I like the Mexican set, including the tiles.  It looks nice and colorful, but with the same sort of earth-tone look that I seem to see on the various Spanish-language morning talk shows.

I also like that they actually show the second \"Fast Money\" contestant in an isolation booth.  :-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

uncamark

Is He the Same Guy?
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2003, 12:18:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Aug 21 2003, 10:56 PM\']I also like that they actually show the second \"Fast Money\" contestant in an isolation booth.  :-)[/quote]
That's to give the models something to do besides stand next to the contestants in the opening.

I wouldn't want to begrudge anyone a job, but \"Feud\" is a show that doesn't need models one bit.  However, I'd also heard that the Mexican version of \"J!\", of all shows, opens with a female chorus line doing a dance routine (not to Merv's theme song, please!), so maybe it's a strange quirk of the native culture.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Is He the Same Guy?
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2003, 03:25:40 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 22 2003, 09:18 AM\'] so maybe it's a strange quirk of the native culture. [/quote]
 A Spanish game show without hot scantily-clad models is like Card Sharks with a single deck of cards. Hey, wait...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Fedya

Is He the Same Guy?
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2003, 10:09:43 PM »
Unca Mark wrote:
I wouldn't want to begrudge anyone a job, but \"Feud\" is a show that doesn't need models one bit. However, I'd also heard that the Mexican version of \"J!\", of all shows, opens with a female chorus line doing a dance routine (not to Merv's theme song, please!), so maybe it's a strange quirk of the native culture.

Do you not want to see more ladies with legs from here to ya-ya?  ;-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post