Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN "Shows" Page  (Read 4676 times)

gsfan85

GSN "Shows" Page
« on: December 01, 2005, 09:02:18 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just noticed GSN added Body Language to one of there shows on the Show Description page.  A bunch of shows that haven't aired in a while have been on there (Play Your Hunch, Star Search, 3's A Crowd, etc.), but Body Language hasn't.  Wonder if GSN has any plans to air this.  Maybe replacing Rafferty Card Sharks when the run ends?  Aren't we also close to the end of To Tell The Truth Trebek?

Adam

aaron sica

GSN "Shows" Page
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 09:30:05 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Dec 1 2005, 09:02 PM\']Hey everyone,

Just noticed GSN added Body Language to one of there shows on the Show Description page.  A bunch of shows that haven't aired in a while have been on there (Play Your Hunch, Star Search, 3's A Crowd, etc.), but Body Language hasn't.  Wonder if GSN has any plans to air this.  Maybe replacing Rafferty Card Sharks when the run ends?  Aren't we also close to the end of To Tell The Truth Trebek?

Adam
[snapback]103679[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not to burst any bubbles, because I'd like to see BL as much as the next guy, but my "theory" is that it was put up there because there are probably some people who will see it listed as part of the "Betty White Christmas" marathon, not know what the show is about, and try to find it on the show description page.

I would love to be wrong, though.

The Pyramids

GSN "Shows" Page
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 10:04:56 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Dec 1 2005, 09:02 PM\']Hey everyone,

Just noticed GSN added Body Language to one of there shows on the Show Description page.  A bunch of shows that haven't aired in a while have been on there (Play Your Hunch, Star Search, 3's A Crowd, etc.), but Body Language hasn't.  Wonder if GSN has any plans to air this.  Maybe replacing Rafferty Card Sharks when the run ends?  Aren't we also close to the end of To Tell The Truth Trebek?

Adam
[/quote]

I consider 'Body Language' one of G/T's (or just Goodson by then) weak efforts. The syndicated 'Card Sharks' should stay put in my opinion.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
GSN "Shows" Page
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 10:44:02 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Dec 1 2005, 08:04 PM\']I consider 'Body Language' one of G/T's (or just Goodson by then) weak efforts. The syndicated 'Card Sharks' should stay put in my opinion.
[snapback]103684[/snapback]
[/quote]

You wanna back that up?  What was so bad about "Body Language"?  Fine host, fine music, fine premise, and prize money that was a bit ahead of what the other shows were giving away at that time.

What's weak about it?  I'd take away a half point for the 100/250 rounds, but that's what has to be done when the game has to fit in a half hour.  Hardly makes it 'weak'.
Travis L. Eberle

FOXSportsFan

GSN "Shows" Page
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 10:58:27 PM »
The game is dependent on the quality and calibur of the celebrities.  I say that as no knock to Tom Kennedy, who is a pro's pro on BL, but let's just say if Lynn Swann is charading, I start worrying.  Then again, seeing Lynn Swann in a tutu on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood was that much more worrisome.  And, he's thinking of leading the commonwealth of PA?  Boy, do the democrats have material to work with...

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
GSN "Shows" Page
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 11:00:12 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Dec 1 2005, 10:04 PM\']The syndicated 'Card Sharks' should stay put in my opinion.
[/quote]
And subject it to more rerun abuse.  Of course, this is the same person who thinks Price as is it, is perfect.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Don Howard

GSN "Shows" Page
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 12:18:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Dec 1 2005, 11:00 PM\'][quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Dec 1 2005, 10:04 PM\']The syndicated 'Card Sharks' should stay put in my opinion.
[/quote]
And subject it to more rerun abuse.  Of course, this is the same person who thinks Price as is it, is perfect.
[snapback]103694[/snapback]
[/quote]
Am I allowed to beg again for Jeopardy! vintage 1978? C'mon, we all know Art Fleming is more than man enough to join the ranks. The show is in color and the host a highly energetic one.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 12:18:54 AM by Don Howard »

Ian Wallis

GSN "Shows" Page
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 08:54:05 AM »
Am I allowed to beg again for Jeopardy! vintage 1978? C'mon, we all know Art Fleming is more than man enough to join the ranks. The show is in color and the host a highly energetic one.

Not only that, but the theme music is great.  Unfortunately, we'd probably never hear the closing credits...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

GSN "Shows" Page
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 09:34:09 AM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Dec 1 2005, 09:02 PM\']Aren't we also close to the end of To Tell The Truth Trebek?

[/quote]

As per Marshall Akers' TTTT9x episode guide, there are seven more Trebek shows left to air, counting this morning's airing. A week from Monday(12/12) should see the final Alex Trebek episode aired. IIRC, they skipped two weeks of Xmas themed shows with Lynn Swann(including the one-time GSN Xmas staple episode featuring Christopher Hewett and Rip Taylor as Santa impostors in game one)which they may or may not start airing on 12/13 to coincide with Xmas.