Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 5 easy questions...  (Read 3115 times)

urbanpreppie05

5 easy questions...
« on: November 09, 2005, 09:26:22 PM »
What were your thoughts on...

Crowther Price is Right?

Emdur Price is Right?

Forsyth Price is Right?

UK Family Fortunes?

UK Wheel Of Fortune?

Now, If you havent seen one, there's no need to mention it.
insert signature here

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
5 easy questions...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 10:14:49 PM »
Forsyth Price is Right?

Ehhh...nice production values and all of that, but Bruce needs more to do. I've seen him do "Hot Streak" a few times, and with that much game around him, there wasn't enough time for his antics that they got annoying. He's big in Britain, but for somebody who's grown up on Bob, seeing a sexual innuendo thrown into Plinko is just an eensy bit jarring. In short: pretty good host, but I'd rather he toned it down.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

ChuckNet

5 easy questions...
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 10:00:17 PM »
He's big in Britain, but for somebody who's grown up on Bob, seeing a sexual innuendo thrown into Plinko is just an eensy bit jarring.

And on the first ep of BPiR, he also lifted up a female contestant - twice - to help her spin the SS wheel.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
5 easy questions...
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 11:06:46 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Nov 9 2005, 07:14 PM\']He's big in Britain, jarring.
[snapback]101876[/snapback]
[/quote]
That's nothing. I hear Larry Emdur is HUGE down under. :)

/Sometimes they just tee them up waist high, folks...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 11:07:19 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tommycharles

5 easy questions...
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 12:49:55 AM »
Forsythe Price --
I don't know about you all, but after seeing the US version so many times, not going to a commercial before the showcase showdown seems really odd. Like a lot of British game shows, they seem to spend a little too much time on the rules (yes, we know, you guess the price of each item and add it up to get your guess on the showcase... how many people on the US show do you think do that, by the way?). But the set is great.

Family Fortunes --

The Pre-Les Dennis sets were as ugly as they come...has anyone seen one of the Bob Monkhouse eps where the screen would have his name and an arrow pointing to him as he walked out? That was soo corny. Monkhouse was a pretty good host, and so was Dennis... not a Bygraves fan myself, he was stiff. The prizes are a nice touch though. Oh, and I really dig the bonus for getting all the number one answers in Fast...Er...Big Money.

UK Wheel --

I've only seen one or two eps of this and so I don't feel qualified to comment too much...but I do think that the US version is far superior. And were my eyes playing tricks on me, or did the players that didn't solve the puzzle still get to keep their accumulated points during the round?

T

Fedya

5 easy questions...
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 11:16:33 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Nov 9 2005, 10:14 PM\']seeing a sexual innuendo thrown into Plinko is just an eensy bit jarring.
[snapback]101876[/snapback]
[/quote]
As opposed to sexual innuendo in, say, Bump?  :-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Brig Bother

5 easy questions...
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 06:44:24 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Nov 12 2005, 05:49 AM\']UK Wheel --

I've only seen one or two eps of this and so I don't feel qualified to comment too much...but I do think that the US version is far superior. And were my eyes playing tricks on me, or did the players that didn't solve the puzzle still get to keep their accumulated points during the round?
[/quote]

Yep - I really can't see what you lot complain about really.

When our version first began, you did only keep the points if you solved the puzzle. Later on what you spun you kept whatever, putting more emphasis on the prizes for solving a puzzle.

Whilst we never had shopping, solving a puzzle always gave the contestant a choice of three quite good prizes as a bonus.