Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Happy Happy Time  (Read 3610 times)

GS Warehouse

Happy Happy Time
« on: November 02, 2005, 12:06:26 AM »
Just like on PTI:

Happy Birthday, TVShowsOnDVD.com, which launched four years ago today.  It was on this site we learned about the upcoming Jeopardy! DVD release (next Tuesday--mark your calendars).

Happy Anniversary, Norma Brown.  On this day in 1978, NBC viewers saw the North Carolinan making her living as a trash collector in Japan become the first, and to date only, Card Sharks contestant to run the table in the Money Cards.

Happy Trails to any thoughts of the Chicago Blackhawks hanging with the big boys of the NHL.  Tonight's 4-1 loss to Detroit capped a rare home-and-home-and-home sweep for the league-leading Red Wings. :-)

Ian Wallis

Happy Happy Time
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 08:51:59 AM »
Happy Anniversary, Norma Brown. On this day in 1978, NBC viewers saw the North Carolinan making her living as a trash collector in Japan become the first, and to date only, Card Sharks contestant to run the table in the Money Cards.

Isn't it kind of odd that Norma was the only person to run the table, but she wasn't the biggest Money Cards winner?  Leave it to the "more money" syndrome of 1986!  :)

Happy Trails to any thoughts of the Chicago Blackhawks hanging with the big boys of the NHL. Tonight's 4-1 loss to Detroit capped a rare home-and-home-and-home sweep for the league-leading Red Wings. :-)

Being a hockey fan, I'm happy to see the NHL back - but I've never liked the phrase "home-and-home".  Who invented that anyway? ...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Happy Happy Time
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 10:20:19 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Nov 1 2005, 11:06 PM\']Happy Trails to any thoughts of the Chicago Blackhawks hanging with the big boys of the NHL.  Tonight's 4-1 loss to Detroit capped a rare home-and-home-and-home sweep for the league-leading Red Wings. :-)
[snapback]101031[/snapback]
[/quote]
And it couldn't have happened to a nicer owner.  :)

Speaking of Norma Brown, I do believe GSN will be rerunning that episode the first weekend in December (if I've counted my eps properly, and we all know how painful that can be).

Doug -- and the countdown to 1600 continues
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 10:23:01 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Ian Wallis

Happy Happy Time
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 12:32:35 PM »
Speaking of Norma Brown, I do believe GSN will be rerunning that episode the first weekend in December (if I've counted my eps properly, and we all know how painful that can be).

I remember on the '70s "To Tell the Truth" that whenever Bill Cullen couldn't be on the panel, Garry Moore usually said that "he's at home counting his money".  Is it as painful as that?  :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Don Howard

Happy Happy Time
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 12:47:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Nov 2 2005, 12:32 PM\']I remember on the '70s "To Tell the Truth" that whenever Bill Cullen couldn't be on the panel, Garry Moore usually said that "he's at home counting his money".
[snapback]101069[/snapback]
[/quote]
How much did he earn for being on that show, I wonder. It was certainly more than scale, wasn't it?

FOXSportsFan

Happy Happy Time
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 07:19:39 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Nov 2 2005, 12:06 AM\']Just like on PTI:

Happy Birthday, TVShowsOnDVD.com, which launched four years ago today.  It was on this site we learned about the upcoming Jeopardy! DVD release (next Tuesday--mark your calendars).

Happy Anniversary, Norma Brown.  On this day in 1978, NBC viewers saw the North Carolinan making her living as a trash collector in Japan become the first, and to date only, Card Sharks contestant to run the table in the Money Cards.

Happy Trails to any thoughts of the Chicago Blackhawks hanging with the big boys of the NHL.  Tonight's 4-1 loss to Detroit capped a rare home-and-home-and-home sweep for the league-leading Red Wings. :-)
[snapback]101031[/snapback]
[/quote]

Tony Kornheiser: Au revoir, Canada, we'll never forget you.