Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interviews with TV luminaries -- online!  (Read 2740 times)

Blaq

Interviews with TV luminaries -- online!
« on: October 27, 2005, 12:46:56 PM »
... television fans worldwide can now view exclusive celebrity interviews on the internet for free at Google Video®.
A full list of interviewees is available on the Academy Web site, featuring:

Betty White!
Bob Barker!
Dick Clark!
Donny Osmond!

There are also clips you wouldn't normally associate with game shows, like Alan Alda sharing that he would never have gotten cast as Hawkeye on M*A*S*H if it weren't for his previous game shoe appearances.

You can search Google Videos for "game show" and come up with other clips, including this full episode of Nickelodeon's "Get the Picture" -- a fantastic game show, not just as a kids' show but as a game show, period.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 10:20:59 AM by chris319 »

DrBear

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 09:43:40 PM »
Beat me to it...some more info is on Mark Evanier's blog.

AND BY THE WAY... you should NOT post full text of copyrighted material on this web site as this is illegal and could cause this board to be shut down for copyright violations! Link to it instead.

Probably the most notable for this board are Dick Clark (three segments), Bob Barker (7), Betty White (5), Mike Wallace (6) and Ed McMahon (8). Some others include Ted Turner, Fred Mr. Rogers, Florence Henderson, William Shatner, Ed Bradley and others.

One other that might be interesting is one with director John Frankenheimer reminscing about working on "The Garry Moore Show."

Haven't seen any yet but I look forward to spending some time with these.

PS - one on the academy's list that isn't on the google site is with Herb Stempel of "Twenty One" scandal fame...would love to see that.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 09:45:08 PM by DrBear »
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 12:53:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Blaq\' date=\'Oct 27 2005, 12:46 PM\']There are also clips you wouldn't normally associate with game shows, like Alan Alda sharing that he would never have gotten cast as Hawkeye on M*A*S*H if it weren't for his previous game shoe appearances.[/quote]
This, if you haven't checked it out yet, is really cool.  Alda is at the same time highly complimentary (he loved doing them) and completely dismissive (he can't believe people watch them) of game shows, but he absolutely does say that without them, his career might not have turned out the way it did.

I think I could waste an awful lot of time watching these interviews.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 06:31:34 AM »
Barker claims he never did Barry's Break the Bank. I could have sworn he did the show.

Then again, he claims Bill Todman died shortly after Price returned.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 07:30:14 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Oct 28 2005, 05:31 AM\']Barker claims he never did Barry's Break the Bank. I could have sworn he did the show.

[snapback]100634[/snapback]
[/quote]

He did do Barry's BtB. Bob seems to like not to appear on other packager's shows. That and Davidson HS are the only non-Goodson shows he's done as a guest since T(N)PIR premiered.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 08:49:47 AM »
He did do Barry's BtB.

Yes he did, and GSN aired an episode of it as "Game of the Week" a few years back.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 10:22:23 AM »
I've seen something Goodson did along these lines, but IIRC it was for the MT&R and not the TV Academy. Still ...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 10:23:40 AM by chris319 »

DrBear

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 12:39:13 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Oct 28 2005, 08:22 AM\']I've seen something Goodson did along these lines, but IIRC it was for the MT&R and not the TV Academy. Still ...
[snapback]100655[/snapback]
[/quote]
Goodson isn't on the academy's list of interviews (which includes plenty, such as Stempel, not on Google Video - or, one hopes, not YET on Google.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.