Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is this reality?  (Read 3569 times)

tvrandywest

Is this reality?
« on: August 18, 2003, 09:18:07 PM »
It speaks for itself:

Dick Clark Productions Acquires Paintball Rights:

Dick Clark Productions has acquired the broadcast TV rights to Professional League Paintball. PLP is a national paintball league in its first season, with teams in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Oakland and Philadelphia. The deal includes the option for a celebrity paintball-themed reality show.

Randy
tvrandywest.com

melman1

Is this reality?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 09:25:32 PM »
What's next?  Ladies' Pro Lawn Darts?  Celebrity Duck, Duck, Goose?
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Is this reality?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 09:27:35 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 18 2003, 06:18 PM\'] Dick Clark Productions has acquired the broadcast TV rights to Professional League Paintball. PLP is a national paintball league in its first season, with teams in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Oakland and Philadelphia. The deal includes the option for a celebrity paintball-themed reality show.
 [/quote]
 It's no more a reality show than SlamBall is. At least, the game itself. (And, based on the list of locales, I would bet it's \"speedball\", which is paintball in an arena-style format with symmetrically-placed artificial barriers. It's run on ESPN2 a couple times, and I found it to be boring as hell.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Timsterino

Is this reality?
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 12:19:16 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 18 2003, 09:18 PM\'] It speaks for itself:

Dick Clark Productions Acquires Paintball Rights:

Dick Clark Productions has acquired the broadcast TV rights to Professional League Paintball. PLP is a national paintball league in its first season, with teams in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Oakland and Philadelphia. The deal includes the option for a celebrity paintball-themed reality show.

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 One question: Why?

Tim :-)

ilb4ever2000

Is this reality?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 02:00:01 AM »

Didn't some of us figure he went senile around the time The Chamber came about?

Brig Bother

Is this reality?
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2003, 05:44:33 AM »
We had a paintballing gameshow called X-Fire. Why not read about it here:

A review of X-Fire

It was quite good fun if you're in the mood.

There have actually been three gameshows based around paintballing in the UK. A kids one on SKY called Shoot! (Which wasn't very good), some 'proper' paintballing thing on Bravo (which wasn't very good) and X-Fire (which is actually very likable in the right circumstances).

Paintballing just doesn't lend itself to good television generally, it would appear.

dmota104

Is this reality?
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2003, 06:31:17 AM »
What's next? Ladies' Pro Lawn Darts? Celebrity Duck, Duck, Goose?

Or even Battle Of The Pax Network Horseshoe Tossers?  All-Star Candy Land?

whampyl03

Is this reality?
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 10:47:40 AM »
Does Dick Clark like to flush all of his money down the toilet now?  Personally, I didn't know that there was a professional paint ball circuit now.  Go figure.

BrandonFG

Is this reality?
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2003, 11:28:04 AM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Aug 19 2003, 01:00 AM\']

Didn't some of us figure he went senile around the time The Chamber came about? [/quote]
 Why else would he have the Osbournes host the American Music Awards? :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Don Howard

Is this reality?
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2003, 12:21:46 PM »
Didn't some of us figure he went senile around the time The Chamber came about?

Dick started waning a wee bit toward the end of his Pyramid run.
\"Robin, do you like Fridays?\" (from the CBS finale). Those of you with this episode on tape will notice that her expression when he asked that suggests she's thinking, \"What kind of a dumbass question is this?\". I still have a big batch of respect for the man. Despite Paintball, he has more business sense in his pinky than I'll ever have.

goongas

Is this reality?
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2003, 12:27:20 PM »
Dick Clark is trying to develop stuff that he thinks will cater to younger audiences.  Unfortunately, he is doing so at the expense of good television.