Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Paul Lynde on Pyramid  (Read 5466 times)

Jimmy Owen

Paul Lynde on Pyramid
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2003, 02:21:38 PM »
Dave Carlson (weatherman on WTOL Ch.11) once was a guest (along with noon anchor LuAnn Canipe) on the radio show I was on when I worked at 3WM in 1991.  Very easygoing, a joy to work with.  If you remember \"Myron of the Morning Show,\" that was me.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 02:55:41 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

trainman

Paul Lynde on Pyramid
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2003, 11:01:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Aug 19 2003, 05:07 AM\'] Thanks to Aaron, I have seen the prototype TVG.  What I find strange is the daytime grids have no VCR Plus codes, which I always thought was a priority for Gemstar. [/quote]
Maybe VCR Plus is on its way out...Gemstar recently settled a lawsuit with TiVo, which is going to result in a TV Guide-style grid now being available as TiVo's \"live guide,\" plus the TV Guide logo showing up on some of the TiVo menus (although the program descriptions are still going to be provided by Tribune Media Services, which is TVG's main competitor in providing listings data).

This all is probably a little off-topic for this board, so I'll mention the existence of the mailing list I run for TV Guide collectors/fans, which could always use a little more activity...if those of you in this thread who aren't already subscribers are interested, use the handy \"e-mail\" button below.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 11:02:13 PM by trainman »
trainman is a man of trains

Ian Wallis

Paul Lynde on Pyramid
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2003, 02:17:00 PM »
I'd really like to believe the TV Guide listings, but I've found a good number of them to be inaccurate, including a handful from 1975. Luckily, I have some fellow \"Pyramid\" fans helping me to keep the list as accurate as possible.

I think part of that reason is that back then most shows were taped pretty close to air date.  TVGuide probably used info. of who was booked to be on the show, and sometimes the celebrity wouldn't be able to make it.

I know this was still happening as late as 1983.  I saw \"Battlestars\" being taped, and the shows we were watching were scheduled to air the very next week.  TVGuide had already been printed, and one celebrity they listed was NOT on the panel.  Also, they only listed four stars, instead of six.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

LA the DJ

Paul Lynde on Pyramid
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2003, 08:16:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 19 2003, 11:01 AM\']
I kinda like the movie pages though, reminds me of the "Peach Section" of the Toledo Blade.

The Toledo Blade!! I wonder if Dave Carlson would make a good game show host. [/quote]
 I could definitely see Dave hosting a game show...Probably a more laid back one. More of a show from the old school. Wow...This has gotten painfully off-topic, not to mention painfully regional.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

drmusic_99

Paul Lynde on Pyramid
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2003, 01:17:58 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Aug 20 2003, 07:16 PM\'] Wow...This has gotten painfully off-topic, not to mention painfully regional. [/quote]
 \"Regional\", maybe... but I'm a thousand miles from Toledo, and we were \"priveleged\" to have \"Toledo 11 The News Channel\" on our cable systems for a couple fo years. And, I agree Dave Carlson would make a good game show host, although I have visions of them starting the show with \"Dave Carlson's forecasts are approved by the American Meteorological Society.\"

ChuckNet

Paul Lynde on Pyramid
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2003, 06:47:42 PM »
1. Marcia was not listed in the 1987 list of celebs that \"Pyramid\" showed for their 15th anniversary. Granted, though, many other stars were conspicuously absent from that list.

...among them Kaye Ballard and Richard Deacon, who were on the sole $10K that was on the trading circuit until GSN unearthed those 2 wks of Hollywood eps from later in '73.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")