Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cash Cab  (Read 2670 times)

TravisP

Cash Cab
« on: October 26, 2005, 02:28:11 PM »
Is there any news when Cash Cab will be starting over in the US. As the only news I've read is that Discovery Channel has picked up the format rights while some guy called Ben Bailey will be the host. While doing some research he is more of a comedian than a real-life taxi driver.

inturnaround

Cash Cab
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 11:16:43 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Oct 26 2005, 02:28 PM\'] While doing some research he is more of a comedian than a real-life taxi driver.
[snapback]100501[/snapback]
[/quote]
And it's a shame, too, there are so many good, intelligible cab drivers out there who would be more than qualified to host an Uzbekistani version of the show.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

sshuffield70

Cash Cab
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 11:26:14 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Oct 26 2005, 01:28 PM\']Is there any news when Cash Cab will be starting over in the US. As the only news I've read is that Discovery Channel has picked up the format rights while some guy called Ben Bailey will be the host. While doing some research he is more of a comedian than a real-life taxi driver.
[snapback]100501[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, but middle America won't be able to understand what the hell the host is saying with a Nigerian or Ethipian accent.  Having been a cab driver in Dallas for three years in the mid '90s, I can attest to that comment.

ObGSN (What?  ObGSN?):  One of my passengers during the '96(?) cable convention was from GSN.  Wish I could remember what her name was.