Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What was the Show?  (Read 1158 times)

CrimesCsemirC

What was the Show?
« on: March 04, 2008, 02:31:18 PM »
Does anybody know an early nineties show where kids battled each other at trivia and arcade games other than Nick Arcade?

CarbonCpy

What was the Show?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 02:37:19 PM »
[quote name=\'CrimesCsemirC\' post=\'179894\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 02:31 PM\']
Does anybody know an early nineties show where kids battled each other at trivia and arcade games other than Nick Arcade?
[/quote]

Video Power.  Hosted by walking 1990s X-TREEM Stereotype "Johnny Arcade," and full of contestants who never *ever* went for the Neo Geo games in the bonus round.

/Still remembers when it used to be a cartoon.
//Kwirk.  Huh.  Now there's a puzzle game that needs a remake.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 02:39:15 PM by CarbonCpy »

Allstar87

What was the Show?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 02:28:09 AM »
I just got three episodes of this show in a trade recently. Not the best show ever, but a fun slice of early-90's cheese.

One thing I wondered about was the "Put Johnny On The Spot" segment. Were those questions given to the kids in advance? I thought Johnny Arcade's responses were way too good to just come off the top of his head.

HairMetalLives

What was the Show?
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 05:19:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Allstar87\' post=\'180030\' date=\'Mar 4 2008, 11:28 PM\']One thing I wondered about was the "Put Johnny On The Spot" segment. Were those questions given to the kids in advance? I thought Johnny Arcade's responses were way too good to just come off the top of his head.[/quote]

There was an interview online some time ago with a former contestant and he said that they were mailed about a week in advance what question to ask for Johnny on the Spot. Each contestant got two questions in case they made it to the Friday Finals.